TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Courtesy

Stanger_merged

I have purchased many parts from Shelby. I just spent $1000+ plus on an order 2 days ago. You would think that Shelby parts would have told me if i waited 2 days I would save 15%. Every other store does it as a courtesy. As a Team Shelby member I am disappointed. Heck when I go to my Ford dealer they allways give me 10% automatically for genuine Shelby parts. Poor customer relations. I will think twice before I order from them again. Sorry for the complaint, being in the customer business for 25 years I feel this is poor service for us. Think they might give me a break? What are your thoughts? OOOPPPP. Just as I posted they fixed it in minutes. I got the discount!!!

I have purchased many parts from Shelby. I just spent $1000+ plus on an order 2 days ago. You would think that Shelby parts would have told me if i waited 2 days I would save 15%. Every other store does it as a courtesy. As a Team Shelby member I am disappointed. Heck when I go to my Ford dealer they allways give me 10% automatically for genuine Shelby parts. Poor customer relations. I will think twice before I order from them again. Sorry for the complaint, being in the customer business for 25 years I feel this is poor service for us. Think they might give me a break? What are your thoughts?

We honor all discounts if you purchased within 10 days of the sale. Please just call SPP and they are happy to give you back the difference.

Also the guys that answer the phone are not involved in the decisions about discounts. So they would not have know. That is why we always honor the price for the sale if you buy 10 days before the sale you can get the difference back.

I just got an email that made my day. I will be given the discount. They responded in minutes. Now I will brag about Shelby to everyone. This is top service. I do appreciate this much. I am going to look at what else I want tonight. Yea SHELBY PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

I just got an email that made my day. I will be given the discount. They responded in minutes. Now I will brag about Shelby to everyone. This is top service. I do appreciate this much. I am going to look at what else I want tonight. Yea SHELBY PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Another happy customer..... :happy feet: :shoppingcart_:

Glad to hear this will all work out especially for someone who is obviously a great customer!

I would only offer up an observation to all that this is yet another example of why we should make sure we contact SPP directly first, get an answer first, escalate to Sharon throughout email or phone, and THEN if you don't have satisfaction, post here. Maybe it's me but I see this time and time again where people post here only to find that a simple call or email solves the problem and no ones name or reputation is tarnished before they have an opportunity to fix it.

As a business person let me tell you an example of why I think this is important for SPP and others. If you notice this forum us crawled by Google so if you search for "Shelby" and "customer service", this thread gets indexed, and it will come up in a search. This is fine on it's face but when it does the user will only see in the results page is a sample of the original post. That can mean lost sales unless the user clicks on the link and reads the thread where the issue was resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.

So as a "courtesy" I would like to suggest that we all try to resolve these types issues first 1:1 and use a public forum as a forum of last resort. I'm not by any means or stretch of the imagination trying to muzzle or stifle debate, but I've just seen this same scenario happen here over and over again, it's not you stanger_merged, where it seems as though all that was needed was some communication. Then again if there is a communication issue, then let's discuss that, but it's rare, IMHO, to see a post here where there is some complaint where the response from SPP or Sharon hasn't been something along the lines of "no problem, contact us".

Just my 2 cents!

I agree 100% with the above post. I run a online diesel performance parts business and I visit those forums everyday. I see it all too much where someone complains about service or a product when the answer was just a phone call away.

Just a suggestion but why doesn't SPP automatically backdate the discount on all orders within the 10 days rather than wait for the phone call/email/forum posting?

I've had the discount backdated after a phone call so no complaints there but customer service can be proactive aswell as reactive - from experience the proactive response gains way more customer loyalty.

Just my $0.02

Just a suggestion but why doesn't SPP automatically backdate the discount on all orders within the 10 days rather than wait for the phone call/email/forum posting?

I've had the discount backdated after a phone call so no complaints there but customer service can be proactive aswell as reactive - from experience the proactive response gains way more customer loyalty.

Just my $0.02

I remember when I was new here. ;)

Just my $0.02

Let me look into this. Good idea.

The only stopgap here is that we're prohibited from keeping CC numbers on file, unless the user has agreed to be billed monthly (recurring). I know that when we do refunds, we need the CCV codes, etc.

I have purchased many parts from Shelby. I just spent $1000+ plus on an order 2 days ago. You would think that Shelby parts would have told me if i waited 2 days I would save 15%. Every other store does it as a courtesy. As a Team Shelby member I am disappointed. Heck when I go to my Ford dealer they allways give me 10% automatically for genuine Shelby parts. Poor customer relations. I will think twice before I order from them again. Sorry for the complaint, being in the customer business for 25 years I feel this is poor service for us. Think they might give me a break? What are your thoughts? OOOPPPS. They fixed it ASAP. FANTASTIC SERVICE.Just as I posted with in minutes I got the discount!!!!

Let me look into this. Good idea.

The only stopgap here is that we're prohibited from keeping CC numbers on file, unless the user has agreed to be billed monthly (recurring). I know that when we do refunds, we need the CCV codes, etc.

Perhaps the solution to that would be an email offering the choice of "call/email us for a credit card refund" or "we'll apply a gift card code to your next order resulting in the appropriate discount".....as most people are likely to be repeat customers I can see the latter being the more popular (and perhaps the default) option.

Whatever you decide I appreciate you taking the time to look into my suggestion.

i thought we used to get an email saying their is going to be a discount/sale code. The last sale.........maybe around July 4th?..... i didnt know about the discount code till the last day of the sale, only got a t-shirt last time, so no big deal.

I havent received an Shelby email is the longest time, and i signed up for the newsletter a couple of times, thinking maybe I didnt fill it out right

Archived