TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th or new 2013

gt67

Wow, this 2013 GT500 is incredible. Launch control, engine control, traction control, stability control, SVT really got it right. The 155-mph speed limiter will be removed, allowing 200 mph in 5th gear. Has everything but a drag chute. I see they painted the roof black like the 12 Boss. Anyone thinking about getting rid of their 40th for one?

I didn't see anything on the Trackey on the 13 Boss like the 12, but did see launch control on the 13 GT500.

100_0523.jpg

d5dc7881.jpg

I see Dan likes the School Bus yellow fellow for a DD.

Wow, this 2013 GT500 is incredible. Launch control, engine control, traction control, stability control, SVT really got it right. The 155-mph speed limiter will be removed, allowing 200 mph in 5th gear. Has everything but a drag chute. I see they painted the roof black like the 12 Boss. Anyone thinking about getting rid of their 40th for one?

I didn't see anything on the Trackey on the 13 Boss like the 12, but did see launch control on the 13 GT500.

I see Dan likes the School Bus yellow fellow for a DD.

No paint, thats the glass roof option ;)

Steve

d5dc7881.jpg

How did my wife get to TEST DRIVE the New BOSS 302 :wub:

But I must say, the new paint scheme and 70's style stripes has me sold :spend:

And who cares about the tail lights and rear end??? I can't see it anyhow from the Driver's Seat :camera:

I'm working it .............. which means lots of begging and crying.

LMFAO!

I see you're married....

Phill Pollard

Re: the New BOSS 302

But I must say, the new paint scheme and 70's style stripes has me sold.

Ya know, I've been leaning that way too. I *really* like the new Boss 302 LS.

I'd have to sell both of my Harley's and my dirt bike to make room in the garage but I ride them so little out here in CO, I might as well.

Waiting to see what the prices are before deciding either way...

Phill

Ya know, I've been leaning that way too. I *really* like the new Boss 302 LS.

I'd have to sell both of my Harley's and my dirt bike to make room in the garage but I ride them so little out here in CO, I might as well.

Waiting to see what the prices are before deciding either way...

Phill

+1........pricing will determine what I beg for :worship:

+1........pricing will determine what I beg for :worship:

Ditto (price determines if I spend).

Fortunately for me, my wife and I both have our own money so there is no begging on my end.

If I want to spend it, I spend it. She can't say squat to me about it and I can't say squat to her about what she spends.

It works out great that way. What's mine is mine and what's hers is hers.

Phill

Yup,that was sure went over well... I guess the SVT team will have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something better before any 40th owners will trade up. I assume you all know we have the best looking, most exclusive powerful Shelbys produced so far. :wub:

Good luck on your decision on a 2013 Boss Dan, I'm sure Marji would look much better behind the wheel than the lady in the picture. I can't wait to see Grabber Blue, and Gotta Have It Green. :drool:

Phill, hope the price is right for ya, the Boss is a great buy at MSRP.

I agree on the tail lights 07 SGT.

Time to get back to attic.

40th or 2013 GT500 to me is not even apples to apples, no comparison, like saying regular Vette or ZR1.

2013 is superior in every way.

With that said if I were buying a Mustang right now the 2013 Boss would more than likely be my pick, but that would depend on the Price of the new GT500.

Great Time for Mustang Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto (price determines if I spend).

Fortunately for me, my wife and I both have our own money so there is no begging on my end.

If I want to spend it, I spend it. She can't say squat to me about it and I can't say squat to her about what she spends.

It works out great that way. What's mine is mine and what's hers is hers.

Phill

Got me all pumped up to go in there and say "I'm getting the Boss and nothing you can do about it".

Yup,that was sure went over well... I guess the SVT team will have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something better before any 40th owners will trade up. I assume you all know we have the best looking, most exclusive powerful Shelbys produced so far. :wub:

Good luck on your decision on a 2013 Boss Dan, I'm sure Marji would look much better behind the wheel than the lady in the picture. I can't wait to see Grabber Blue, and Gotta Have It Green. :drool:

Phill, hope the price is right for ya, the Boss is a great buy at MSRP.

I agree on the tail lights 07 SGT.

Thanks.................... happy%20feet.gif

Apples and oranges, as someone pointed out. I would keep the 40th, and buy a used 2013 when some other owner needs to have the latest and greatest. Each year is always better than the last, and you will never keep up. If Ford declares the 2013 the last year, or when ever that happens, you will have the "book ends".

Dont forget the Terlingua :D

Dont forget the Terlingua :D

The Terlingua is a fantastic looking car with low numbers along with the SE and Don Prudhomme which makes it very unique. The 40th is the first post titled package offered by Shelby

Lets see why no 40th owner responded to trading in their 40th for a 2013 GT500. Could it be because the 40th has, more HP 725, better suspension system, 6 piston calipers, center gauge cluster, brake ducts front and rear, carbon fiber rocker panels mirror covers and front splitter, Shelby razor wheels with pirelli tires, 40th faux gas cap, Shelby signature floor mats and door sill plates, their own unique stripes and 40th badging, CSM number, Limited production.

What I find interesting is most people with 07-09 cars aren't considering trading up to the 2013 GT500, but there are few more 10 and 11 owners that have, I should have waited syndrome. Very few talking about a SS power upgrade, but talk about a Super Snake Appearance Package because 650 HP is enough on the 13. Sounds just like the 40th package with performance upgrades.

Archived