TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby 650 HP

CobraKaz

Well ,. coming home from work today , had the Radio on ,. big news Ford announced on the radio , new 2013 Shelby to be the most powerful ever .

I was kinda thinking mid 550 to 600 , suprise 650 HP .

Is this old news ?

Was this a reliable source? If it is true, thank God I put a pre-deposit down and nothing above MSRP. I have a feeling dealers will be asking $15,000 ADM'S. When is Ford going to release a press report? denohew

Was this a reliable source? If it is true, thank God I put a pre-deposit down and nothing above MSRP. I have a feeling dealers will be asking $15,000 ADM'S. When is Ford going to release a press report? denohew

Yup , its true , just saw the header title at the top of this page . Gonna be one heck of a car .

Why would anybody pay ADM on any car in these times? IMO the demand has peaked.

The 2013 GT500 looks like a winner, 650 (flywheel) hp should net about 568rwhp, a good starting point. The big news is the launch control & other handling upgrades, Ford finally heard us. 7000 redline should get some interesting 0 to 60 & 1/4 mile results. Lots of pics on various web sites, have not seen any pricing numbers yet. Look forward to the first magazine tests.

7000 redline should get some interesting 0 to 60 & 1/4 mile results.

A article I read said that with the new 3.31:1 gearing, 7000 RPM redline and transmission 1st gear ratio, the car will hit 62 MPH in 1st gear right at the redline.

That means the 0-60 times *should* be reduced by eliminating the need to shift before you hit 60 MPH.

That is VERY smart on Ford's part.

Numbers sell so a better (than the competition) 0-60 time will help sell cars.

Phill

A article I read said that with the new 3.31:1 gearing, 7000 RPM redline and transmission 1st gear ratio, the car will hit 62 MPH in 1st gear right at the redline.

That means the 0-60 times *should* be reduced by eliminating the need to shift before you hit 60 MPH.

That is VERY smart on Ford's part.

Numbers sell so a better (than the competition) 0-60 time will help sell cars.

Phill

+1. Ford was even smarter using 62MPH, rather than just 60MPH, as a shift point, as in Canada and other countries outside of the US, 0-100 KM/H is the measurement used and, you guessed it, 100KM/H equals 62 MPH. This way, Ford covers all bases, no matter where the car is sold.

+1. Ford was even smarter using 62MPH, rather than just 60MPH, as a shift point, as in Canada and other countries outside of the US, 0-100 KM/H is the measurement used and, you guessed it, 100KM/H equals 62 MPH. This way, Ford covers all bases, no matter where the car is sold.

Hmmm. Most interesting.

SOMEONE at FoMoCo was thinking ahead. But then, that's why they get paid the big bucks!

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. That, and you don't need to shift *right* at 60 MPH, or bump the chip and possibly hurt your time.

Phill

I would sign up for that now particularly if you believe the dealer to be trustworthy. I would think the dealers initially will try to get as much money as possible for the car so why wait a year or more if you want the car and can get it at a fair price.

If you want to be the first or at least one of the first, I'd jump on it. The dealers sell them for what the market will bear. Think of it as an extra price you pay for getting one early. If I wanted one that bad I'd do it. :shift:

Wow is right! Now........................what will the Super Snake make? ;)

Roger

And what type of comment is that Roger!!! A stab in the back....... A na, na, na, an, I know but I'm not telling comment!!! :rant2::slapfight::finger: Just tell us!!! :hysterical: Just kidding, you know of course! :doh::hi5:

My dealer is offering 2k over invoice. He will offer me his first allocation. Should I jump on it or find someone who can do better?

If he really said "invoice" and not "sticker" I'd pounce on it. Invoice + 2K should still be about MSRP, probably a little less but not much. If over sticker it's a 2K ADM and you can probably do better after the "announcement" backlash wears off. Either way you can always pass later.

If he really said "invoice" and not "sticker" I'd pounce on it. Invoice + 2K should still be about MSRP, probably a little less but not much. If over sticker it's a 2K ADM and you can probably do better after the "announcement" backlash wears off. Either way you can always pass later.

MSRP is more than 4K over dealer invoice on the 2012 GT500.

Archived