TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is it just me?

C-Ray

Count me as really impressed with the new GT500. And, if someone makes me an offer on my car, that's now listed for sale, I'll order a new one; yet, for some reason, I'm just a tiny bit disappointed.

Yes, there are some great new features of the new model. But I was hoping for some changes in: 1) fatter rubber; 2) some standard body mods that really made it stand out from the basic GT; 3) changes to the interior - like the dash, and, I hate the cup holder lid that constantly swivels open when my elbow is on it; 4) Maybe some tranny options? DCT?

All in all, I think it will be really hard to visually tell the diff between '13 and the '11 or '12 (interior or exterior)- except the tail lights, 4 tail pipes, and the splitter. I guess, what I'm trying to say, is it really worth that much more coin than the '11 and '12 (at least on the speculations we have heard about the price being in the 60's).

Feel free to disagree.... :poke:

Count me as really impressed with the new GT500. And, if someone makes me an offer on my car, that's now listed for sale, I'll order a new one; yet, for some reason, I'm just a tiny bit disappointed.

Yes, there are some great new features of the new model. But I was hoping for some changes in: 1) fatter rubber; 2) some standard body mods that really made it stand out from the basic GT; 3) changes to the interior - like the dash, and, I hate the cup holder lid that constantly swivels open when my elbow is on it; 4) Maybe some tranny options? DCT?

All in all, I think it will be really hard to visually tell the diff between '13 and the '11 or '12 (interior or exterior)- except the tail lights, 4 tail pipes, and the splitter. I guess, what I'm trying to say, is it really worth that much more coin than the '11 and '12 (at least on the speculations we have heard about the price being in the 60's).

Feel free to disagree.... :poke:

Really its an engineering update. The rear quarters and the rest of the body are from the same dies I think?

2015 is speculated to be the body change.

Saying that, Holy Cow...that thing should RIP and aesthetically I do not really like the rear end or the dash....very cool car this one should be!!!

Well I think they upgraded quite a bit....although it sounds like people are going to have to PAY for those upgrades.

I guess they didn't upgrade the things you wanted upgraded- guess they didn't get your email :lol

The battle is now ON with the ZL1 and I look forward to the head to head comparisons that will shortly be happening.

"A tiny bit disappointed"?

• More power than the Corvette ZR1 or any other V8 in the world for that matter.
  • Launch control, traction control & stability control.
  • 200 FREAKING MPH!!!
  • Completely redesigned cooling system with trans cooler and rear diff cooler.
  • Performance computer display including g-force, 1/4 mile times and even a "christmas tree" count down program.
  • No gas guzzler tax.
  • Four seats (okay, 2 1/2 seats hysterical.gif)
  • NOT built with your tax dollars!

You must have some pretty high standards if your still even the teeny, tinyest bit disappointed with all that. I mean really, what did you expect? All that plus a 250,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and lifetime car washes and your house paid off and free college for all your kids???

This is without a doubt the baddest, fastest, meanest, most advanced Mustang EVER built! Now just imagine how good the 2015 Mustang will be!!!!! drool.gif

No disappointment for me. I thinks the improvements in power and traction are significant enough for what is essentially an "end-of-cycle" upgrade on a platform that is almost a decade old. The idea here was to outperform the ZL1 and keep the car relevant until the next generation comes in for the 2015 model year. Extenisve changes to the bodywork were not realistic for a car that will essentially have a 2 year lifespan. I think Ford did a great job on this one.

No disappointment for me. I thinks the improvements in power and traction are significant enough for what is essentially an "end-of-cycle" upgrade on a platform that is almost a decade old. The idea here was to outperform the ZL1 and keep the car relevant until the next generation comes in for the 2015 model year. Extenisve changes to the bodywork were not realistic for a car that will essentially have a 2 year lifespan. I think Ford did a great job on this one.

I think your end of cycle analogy nails it. I also agree with the idea that this keeps people interested until 2015. Simply, there is no way Ford could have sat on their hands , with all the competition out there, until 2015.

"A tiny bit disappointed"?

• More power than the Corvette ZR1 or any other V8 in the world for that matter.
  • Launch control, traction control & stability control.
  • 200 FREAKING MPH!!!
  • Completely redesigned cooling system with trans cooler and rear diff cooler.
  • Performance computer display including g-force, 1/4 mile times and even a "christmas tree" count down program.
  • No gas guzzler tax.
  • Four seats (okay, 2 1/2 seats hysterical.gif)
  • NOT built with your tax dollars!

You must have some pretty high standards if your still even the teeny, tinyest bit disappointed with all that. I mean really, what did you expect? All that plus a 250,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and lifetime car washes and your house paid off and free college for all your kids???

This is without a doubt the baddest, fastest, meanest, most advanced Mustang EVER built! Now just imagine how good the 2015 Mustang will be!!!!! drool.gif

Seriously? Just highlighting and agreeing with many of the previous threads regarding what we would "like". If you paid attention to what I wrote, I'm enthused enough with it, that I will probably throw some money down on one when they come out. The only reason being is I can't stand not having the latest factory upgrades. Still count me as wishing more tweaks would have been made - especially to the big issue everyone complains about....traction (especially tires).

I did not see the size of the tires that are on the car listed by Ford but did anybody there happen to take notice?

They are the same G-2 tires/wheels offered on the current SVT Perf. Pack option, 19" front and 20" rear, no wider.

Phill

Archived