TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK...Now I'm really upset about the dash plaque

Ladies and gents,

With the announcement of the GT500KR making its appearance in 2008, AND the news that it will include a Shelby dash plaque, now I'm really kinda of getting a little p@#* off! Again, why can't GT500 owners get a plaque like all the other "Shelby" vehicles? Seemed we paid an awful lot for a car that prides itself in being called a Shelby, yet we have nothing to show for this except the badging. Anyone else with me on this one? I know many threads have talked about this, but it seems awfully unfair now.

On another note my Kenne Bell is on its way!!!!!!! The folks at KB called me on Wednesday to confirm my order for a stage 3. As some of you may recall from one of my other posts, they were having some idling issues with the monster sized throttle body, but good ol' KB finally beat it into submission. My hope is to have this puppy installed the day it arrives (I don't care if I have to work 15 hours straight). I'll let everyone know what I think once I'm done. In the meantime, this will be MY King of the Road and I will not have spent $70K+. Still, the KR does look awfully sweet.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Ladies and gents,

With the announcement of the GT500KR making its appearance in 2008, AND the news that it will include a Shelby dash plaque, now I'm really kinda of getting a little p@#* off! Again, why can't GT500 owners get a plaque like all the other "Shelby" vehicles? Seemed we paid an awful lot for a car that prides itself in being called a Shelby, yet we have nothing to show for this except the badging. Anyone else with me on this one? I know many threads have talked about this, but it seems awfully unfair now.

On another note my Kenne Bell is on its way!!!!!!! The folks at KB called me on Wednesday to confirm my order for a stage 3. As some of you may recall from one of my other posts, they were having some idling issues with the monster sized throttle body, but good ol' KB finally beat it into submission. My hope is to have this puppy installed the day it arrives (I don't care if I have to work 15 hours straight). I'll let everyone know what I think once I'm done. In the meantime, this will be MY King of the Road and I will not have spent $70K+. Still, the KR does look awfully sweet.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

HEY, GREAT NEWS!!!!

You CAN get a dash plaque for your shelby GT500 AND it will be signed by Carroll Shelby! Isn't that GREAT!!! I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago.

The reason the OTHER Shelbys come with the plaque already is because THOSE Shelbys were completed at CAI. The GT500 was built at Ford and shipped straight to the dealer for delivery to the customer.

But CAI stepped up is offering signed autographed dash plaques for GT500 owners AND not only does it get signed but they stamp you full VIN # on it as well!

Only $299

Go to www.shelbyautos.com and order yours!

:boring::boring::boring::boring::boring:

Paaaalease.....lets not start crying :cry: over the dash plaque again. :doh:

We just got over that big hissy fit :rant: last month.

Do what about 600 of us have done this last month and order the dash plaque from SAI like Shelbydude suggested. I know for a fact that these plaques are way nicer than what went into the Shelby GTH's.

:boring::boring::boring::boring::boring:

Paaaalease.....lets not start crying :cry: over the dash plaque again. :doh:

We just got over that big hissy fit :rant: last month.

Do what about 600 of us have done this last month and order the dash plaque from SAI like Shelbydude suggested. I know for a fact that these plaques are way nicer than what went into the Shelby GTH's.

+ 1................... :banana piano:

Ladies and gents,

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Some one call the Doctor!!! The Kenne Bell virus turning into an epidemic.... Gather your woman and children and head for the hill's!!! :hysterical2:

Ladies and gents,

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Sorry man, but thats what happens when they slap a name on the back of the car at the last second in hopes to help sales. Its just not a true Shelby. True Shelby's are sent to his plant in Vegas, that is why the GT and KR get the plaque and your car does not.

When I get one, I could give 2 shits, unless it boosts performance or looks.

ALL SVT products in the past have came with Certificates stating what number your car was & out of how many made. They even tell you the build date. So chill out on this subject of being mad. Your all starting to act like children throwing tempertantrums because you think your owed something that others are getting on different cars. Just accept the fact that we were the 1st ones to get a GT500 & be happy with that. I think what you are wanting to do is have the samething done to all future holders of any Shelby & that is not to have plaque so they can complain too. Yeah, the grass always looks greener in someone elses lawn, but trust me it's not.

True Shelby's are sent to his plant in Vegas

Complete and utter BS. The people in LV bolt on a power pack and a handling pack- something any shade tree mechanic could do. Why does THAT make it any more of a "Shelby"?

ALL SVT products in the past have came with Certificates stating what number your car was & out of how many made. They even tell you the build date. So chill out on this subject of being mad. Your all starting to act like children throwing tempertantrums because you think your owed something that others are getting on different cars. Just accept the fact that we were the 1st ones to get a GT500 & be happy with that. I think what you are wanting to do is have the samething done to all future holders of any Shelby & that is not to have plaque so they can complain too. Yeah, the grass always looks greener in someone elses lawn, but trust me it's not.

You are right Coldwater. Way too much crying.

BTW...My grass is greener than yours. Heres proof. :hysterical:

A certificate from S.V.T stating what number my car is & out of how many made would be appreciated . If happens great if it doesn`t it really doesn`t change the fact that I have a 40th Anniversary 07` Shelby

I really don`t think givng an opinion on a topic makes you a child pulling a tempertanturm. OMO

A certificate from S.V.T stating what number my car is & out of how many made would be appreciated . If happens great if it doesn`t it really doesn`t change the fact that I have a 40th Anniversary 07` Shelby

I really don`t think givng an opinion on a topic makes you a child pulling a tempertanturm. OMO

This complaint has been around ever since the GT-H came out with one & the same people won't let it drop. So what do you call it then? forgetfullness?

Sorry man, but thats what happens when they slap a name on the back of the car at the last second in hopes to help sales. Its just not a true Shelby. True Shelby's are sent to his plant in Vegas, that is why the GT and KR get the plaque and your car does not.

When I get one, I could give 2 shits, unless it boosts performance or looks.

Really? Thats very interesting.

Just so I get it right, are you saying the 1968 GT500 KR was not a real Shelby?

Since it wasn't sent to "Shelby" plant it isn't real either?

BTW...My grass is greener than yours. Heres proof.

Geez, how long does it take to mow?

Congrats on your KB. As far as the placque, consider yourself fortunate to have a GT500 in the first place, placque or no placque. My GT500 is still in dreamland. I can only drive it at night :(

Archived