TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JLT Cold Air Intake 0709 kit for

Airbound

Good evening,

Ai am new to the mustang performance world and brand new to this site. I recently purched my dream car, a 2008 Shleby GT 500. I have already added a magna flow exhaust system and my next step is the cold air intake. I have been reading and doing all sorts or research and I have decided to purchase a kit from you guys. I do have a few questions before I place my order though. The first one is as I was reading the instructions for the 0709 carbon fiber kit with the tuner it says do not run without the appropriate specific tune. The tuner that is included, does it have the appropriate programs installed to do this? I am very mechanically inclined and can follow instructions very well is this something I can do on my own or do I need to go to a performance shop? I would assume they sell the kit with the tuner so it can be done by the customer. In the case I need to go to a shop to have it tuned, would most mustang performance shops have the required tuner? I am San Antonio Texas and am active duty military and we have a good shop in the area called South Texas Performance where I know it can be done as they do all kinds of tuning. I guess what I’m getting at is if I have to go to a shop to get it tuned why would I buy the intake with the tuner? Is it better to buy without? Please help me out with this issue so I can determine which product I will buy. I can be reached via e mail or anytime at 2106327945 if I don’t answer leave a message. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you.

The tune comes pre loaded in a handheld tuner, You just plug it into your port under the drivers side and download it. It then holds your factory tune in the hand held tuner. It is very easy to do.

SO basically it is just liek using a scantron tool to run engine codes (same principal)? Just plug in and donw load? cn it go worng in any ways? Also i have read the web site and im not seeing anything in the area of the fuel economy changes? will i actually notice an improvement in power form this? So then the factory setting get sotred in the hand held tuner in the even ti take the intake off? Like i said I am new to the performance car game I used to be a sport bike guy so i am trying to educate myself. Thanks for your reply.

The tune comes pre loaded in a handheld tuner, You just plug it into your port under the drivers side and download it. It then holds your factory tune in the hand held tuner. It is very easy to do.

Alo as i do more research why is it that the Airrad and K$N cold air intake kits say nothing about tuning? Are they worth it? The Dyno sheets seem to be that they wil make less power? I dee some advice!!

Alo as i do more research why is it that the Airrad and K$N cold air intake kits say nothing about tuning? Are they worth it? The Dyno sheets seem to be that they wil make less power? I dee some advice!!

Do not waste your time on K and N.

I will give you a call.

Thnaks for the help!!! i called around and found a local stereo shop that is familar with the issue. They said to come in and for 35$ they will place a resistor int he remote wire which stops the popping noise. Does this sound right? i am gonna go there today and have it done the 35$ s worth spending to not blow up the speakers or cause any more wiring issues.

thnaks for the call please send me a link to what we discussed on the phone i tried to go to VMT.com and Justin at VMT and didnt find anything.

Justin with VMP has tunes for the JLT products. I think he is going to be carrying the JLT products too.

Airbound, I highly recommend Justin Starkey at VMP Tuning. His products are great! If you can, I would go ahead and install one of his 2.59" stock looking pulleys while you're at it. Big performance gain! :peelout: God Bless and thank-you for your service to this great nation.

Archived