TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Race KR vs Super Snake

KR158

I love the SS and the owner of this SS was good enough to come run it. He also has an FGT with a big whipple that would kill KR. I just wanted to see what a pulley tune KR could do vs the 725hp SS.When I bought the KR the dealer had a 725 SS and i picked KR and my buddy took the SS but we had not run them yet. In this vid the KR has a vmp upper pulley and tune, lm 67tb and a lower pulley. Made 595whp on 91 pump and as you can see has a ton of low end. You can see the SS doing better as we go faster. We shut down at 155mph.

The difference between having the stock sc with a 2.72 pulley, L&M 66mm tb, L&M plenum, and going tvs with a 2.72 pulley with same L&M setup is a substantially noticeable difference. No comparison. The KR should have come with the tvs to begin with.

That SS looks super cool!

Nice video KR158. I'm actually a bit surprised at the result considering that the SS is the 725hp version. Your RWHP with the stock blower is impressive. All other thnings being equal, imagine what a TVS could do!

I love the look of that GO SS!

Hard to believe it didn't outrun the KR there. Makes me wonder what my KR would do with a TVS on it... :)

i have a tvs on my kr .and it runs great.i recommend the tvs to all kr owners.looks factory and does this every single time i drive the carpeelout.gif

The difference between having the stock sc with a 2.72 pulley, L&M 66mm tb, L&M plenum, and going tvs with a 2.72 pulley with same L&M setup is a substantially noticeable difference. No comparison. The KR should have come with the tvs to begin with.

Speaking of which:

Hey Terumi,

My PM box is clear now if you want to send me a PM. I saw a "comment" you placed somewhere on my profile (photo section???) and then someone else told me that my PM box was full. I cleared out 2 pages of old PM's and should be able to get new ones now.

Later,

Phill

I can say with the vmp upper and tune and the 10% lower car was fun. Car made 695whp and same wlbft with the vmp tvs on it. I can say the vmp tvs set up lost by 2 cars to a 680whp zr1. Vid is posted here somewhere. Owner of zr1 could not get over how fast my car was. I think a set of long tubes would make KR even or beat zr1.

I can say with the vmp upper and tune and the 10% lower car was fun. Car made 695whp and same wlbft with the vmp tvs on it. I can say the vmp tvs set up lost by 2 cars to a 680whp zr1. Vid is posted here somewhere. Owner of zr1 could not get over how fast my car was. I think a set of long tubes would make KR even or beat zr1.

Was 695 rwhp a typo?

stock SC made 595 or 695 rwhp?

A half a second is a HUGE jump, I would say he had at least that, and he was catching up until he laid off which was obviously prior to the KR. Of course he was not catching up in the beginning, that Jump obviously makes that impossible.

Based on the 10 times or so I watched it I think if they hit it the same time it would be close, but it appears as though the SS would have taken him.

I think the KR got the jump on the SS.

I raced [shelbypt] once in my nearly stock GT-500 (short throw shifter) vs his modified GT-500 (3.73 gear set). I was able to pull away from him because I got a slight jump on him. After that, he was able to walk away from me.

The KR got the jump. The race would be much closer otherwise.

Not sure what the vid is trying to show or prove? A stock KR is not going to outrun an SS. And if you mod the KR it proves nothing, Similar mods to an SS would just increase it's power even more.

I agree with a stock KR not outrunning a Super Snake. Modified though, they have the same potential. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this is really impressive actually. I mean you're talking about a LARGE HP difference between the 725 SS and the KR and it still doesn't win.

I wonder if this is due the the SS being heavier than the KR? Heavier 20-inch wheels, and heavier hood etc.

Archived