TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Throttle Body help

OATHKPR

Ok, I need some help! I had my car worked on by what I thought was a very reputable company - FRPP CAI, Throttle Body, Pulley as well as some other stuff, here is where my problem is, I have had problems with the car going into "Fail Safe Mode" after conferring with the reps from the company that did the work they they sent me two new tunes with the same results. There solution is that they have had problems with these throttle bodies and to take mine off and send it to them and they will refund me the money?!? So I asked them why not send me a new throttle body, they said because they have been having problems with them! So I guess they are leaving me to fend for myself, not exactly what I expected from this well known reputable company but it is what it is I guess, so my question is this: what throttle body should I go with? Any suggestions?

Ok, I need some help! I had my car worked on by what I thought was a very reputable company - FRPP CAI, Throttle Body, Pulley as well as some other stuff, here is where my problem is, I have had problems with the car going into "Fail Safe Mode" after conferring with the reps from the company that did the work they they sent me two new tunes with the same results. There solution is that they have had problems with these throttle bodies and to take mine off and send it to them and they will refund me the money?!? So I asked them why not send me a new throttle body, they said because they have been having problems with them! So I guess they are leaving me to fend for myself, not exactly what I expected from this well known reputable company but it is what it is I guess, so my question is this: what throttle body should I go with? Any suggestions?

I would call Jim direct at L&M. They are great guys who go the extra mile for their customers.

OK you also changed you CAI (mass air meter) so what meter is it and what tune is in it? This is most likely the source of your problem. If the MAF meter curve is incorrect it could and probably is the cause of these codes.

There are also other parameters in the tune that should not be altered as well but having the correct MAF transfer functions is the 'heart' all EEC calculations.

Here is a great article about this subject. http:// /showthread.php?3803-Warning-!!-Before-you-change-that-tune-read-this!

Well, thanks for all the responses, and kudos to Carl Tasca Jr. When he was made aware of the problem he was very supportive and accommodating. He sent a driver with an enclosed trailer to pick up my car and bring back to the shop 3 1/2 hours away to do what it takes to fix the problem. Don and Dennis have also been great in trying to get this figured out. So thankfully they live up to there reputation!! Not many companies provide the level of customer service I have received from TASCA. I will keep the post updated as I get information on what the problem is with the L&M TB.

Well, thanks for all the responses, and kudos to Carl Tasca Jr. When he was made aware of the problem he was very supportive and accommodating. He sent a driver with an enclosed trailer to pick up my car and bring back to the shop 3 1/2 hours away to do what it takes to fix the problem. Don and Dennis have also been great in trying to get this figured out. So thankfully they live up to there reputation!! Not many companies provide the level of customer service I have received from TASCA. I will keep the post updated as I get information on what the problem is with the L&M TB.

Wow - that's incredible the support Tasca is providing! I'm sure they are commited to make things right.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Moncho

You are in good hands.....Dennis is one of the best out there with the L&M throttle bodies. When he gets you fixed up, you will not even be able to tell the difference from stock in idle and driveability. .

If Dennis did your tune then no need to worry about it being done correctly. I'm sure they will get to the source of the problem and get it corrected.

Archived