TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Odd Picture Request please!

chuckstang

Does anyone have a pic of their GT500 without the side skirts on??? Perhaps they were removed for paint and you snapped a pic. I would like to see how it looks without them. The stock side skirs whether painted or not just dont look right and give the car extra bulk and "styling weight" making the car look even bigger/fatter than it is.

I realize I am nuts but when I finally get a car, there are just 2 styling things I want addressed and it is the side skirts and side mirrors!

I already have a solution for the side mirrors, I forget who makes them but someone posted pics awhile back but I have not seen any nice aftermarket side skirts so I am wondering how bad or good the car will look without them all together. The mustangs back in the day if you remember had nothing really, some had a stripe of chrome running along the underside but that was it!

Also would there be any isues with rust if one was to remove them?

PS- I have seen the car in person as well and love it but the dam huge black plastic side skirts just have to go and after seeing the GT500FR pics, they look just as terrible painted!

There was a member a long time ago with a red/white coupe that did have pics up of what I am looking for but I cant find them :(

Thanks alot

Does anyone have a pic of their GT500 without the side skirts on??? Perhaps they were removed for paint and you snapped a pic. I would like to see how it looks without them. The stock side skirs whether painted or not just dont look right and give the car extra bulk and "styling weight" making the car look even bigger/fatter than it is.

I realize I am nuts but when I finally get a car, there are just 2 styling things I want addressed and it is the side skirts and side mirrors!

I already have a solution for the side mirrors, I forget who makes them but someone posted pics awhile back but I have not seen any nice aftermarket side skirts so I am wondering how bad or good the car will look without them all together. The mustangs back in the day if you remember had nothing really, some had a stripe of chrome running along the underside but that was it!

PS- I have seen the car in person as well and love it but the dam huge black plastic side skirts just have to go and after seeing the GT500FR pics, they look just as terrible painted!

There was a member a long time ago with a red/white coupe that did have pics up of what I am looking for but I cant find them :(

Thanks alot

I remember that post, I think it was busababy that posted those. I'll look.

Thanks alot

Here is the link, http://www.flairphoto.com/gt500.htm

All I have is photos with my pigs panties on. :hysterical:

You are the first person that I have heard say that they do not like the side skirts!

The panties, I mean skirts come painted on the GT/CS. To be honest with you, the plastic skirts (non-painted) will not show the rock chips, and that is a good thing.

thanks for the pix!

Ya I agree, if you are going to paint the skirts you gota paint the front spliter and rear diffuser thingy

I just think from a styling point of view, the side view of a new stang 05-up is just too tall from bottom of skirt to top of door. Someone described it as sitting in a big bath tub as a kid to looking out the window of this thing when driving. Maybe the pros call this a cars belt line, so in this case it is just too high. Also once you lower these things, the skirts dam near are resting on the ground!

IMHO, like Grabber points out - the skirts serve a functional purpose, and as for styling - I think the dark skirt is actually a slimming feature. You don't really see the skirt, unless you puposefully look at it. But if you paint it the same body color, you do see it in overall appearance. Leave it dark so it doesn't stick out...just look at Grabbers shot again and imagine if his skirt were GO.

Skirts? What are you all talking about. The tires are too wide to fit skirts on the Shelby, besides they would cover up the pretty wheels. You would have to lower the rear and put on curb feelers too. Jeeeesh :redcard:

Help us Acorn...Is it a Girdle?

IMHO, like Grabber points out - the skirts serve a functional purpose, and as for styling - I think the dark skirt is actually a slimming feature. You don't really see the skirt, unless you puposefully look at it. But if you paint it the same body color, you do see it in overall appearance. Leave it dark so it doesn't stick out...just look at Grabbers shot again and imagine if his skirt were GO.

What do you mean by functional purpose?

I loved the 03-04 side skirts because you could not notice they were there as opposed to the side skirts on the 99-01 cobra. I just like that nice smooth side that just seems to disapear underneath the car rather than a fake side pipe looking thing.

Are they not called side skirts by the way? haha

Archived