TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DCT automatic for 2013 GT500

OneTrickPony

WHY not? C'mon explain why they should not? Before you jump to conclusions there are many people who would kill for a GT500 with an automatic because its just easier to drive and maybe offering a car with only a manual tranny is not fair to those who can't drive a manual car for whatever reason and I'm sure even some people with disabilities would like to drive one but can't because the automatic has never been offered. Sometimes just think before blurting a stupid statement

You can't get an auto in a Z06 or ZR1 either..... should we file a complaint under the ADA?

Doesn't need to be Formula 1. Many modern sports cars have auto trans that are making the stick shift seems completely obsolete. Long gone are the days that they called auto trans "slush boxes".

Not in an of the events I have been in. They are usually very expensive and, no faster on a road course

The Vette auto sucks

The Mustang auto 2011+ sucks

The CTS-V auto sucks

What auto do you think they'd put in the car?

I drove a CTS-V both auto and 6sp @ Road Atlanta @ speed and I will tell you the auto in sport mode was more fun and faster ( it allowed me to focus more on breaking and exit speed) . The 6 sp I only used 3rd and 4th 90% of the time. You guys are living in the past when it comes to the auto trans. .Ford needs to offer a paddle auto on a $50K car.I will say it takes practice to really master the auto trans with different optons.You can leave it in any gear you want or down shift just like toe and heal 6sp.

I drove a CTS-V both auto and 6sp @ Road Atlanta @ speed and I will tell you the auto in sport mode was more fun and faster ( it allowed me to focus more on breaking and exit speed) . The 6 sp I only used 3rd and 4th 90% of the time. You guys are living in the past when it comes to the auto trans. .Ford needs to offer a paddle auto on a $50K car.I will say it takes practice to really master the auto trans with different optons.You can leave it in any gear you want or down shift just like toe and heal 6sp.

It may have been faster for you. Im not arguing against an automatic. Choices are always good. You would have a hard time convincing me its faster in the hands of a good driver.

It may have been faster for you. Im not arguing against an automatic. Choices are always good. You would have a hard time convincing me its faster in the hands of a good driver.

Yes a professional would make a difference . If you spend alot of time @ the track the GM 6pd would be faster. But some of us just don't fit into this catagory . With all the latest technology that the CTS-V has including Magnetic shock control I was able to drive it close to it's limit. My 09 Shelby GT500KR could not put down the power to match the CTS-V track times. Believe me I never in a million years would have thought this. According to Johnny O who races the CTS-V the 6sp really puts the driver skill back into racing.

There is a road test on the CTS-V, currently on the SPEED channel . Really kind of cool.

I would rank performance

1. paddleshift

2. manual

3. automatic

Of course, automatics of today are much closer to what you want from them. The difference is you have the choice taken away from you in the automatic at times. downshift or upshift when you may not really want it. With a manual or paddleshift, its always in your control. There is a possible safety concern there too, but, like Tim said...its all in the ability of the driver. I dont doubt there are many drivers here that could destroy me either way on a track...hysterical.gif

WHY not? C'mon explain why they should not? Before you jump to conclusions there are many people who would kill for a GT500 with an automatic because its just easier to drive and maybe offering a car with only a manual tranny is not fair to those who can't drive a manual car for whatever reason and I'm sure even some people with disabilities would like to drive one but can't because the automatic has never been offered. Sometimes just think before blurting a stupid statement

Alright 39mustang, are you just some kind of fire starting forum troll that goes around starting crap?

I've seen you spew this garbage on multiple threads now when people state their personal opinion. About time you practice what you preach and stop nibbling on them hater tots.

Spot on. Never thought automatics could evolve to where they are currently. Anyone doubting the automatic in a sports/perfromance car should drive the PDK automatic that Porsche offers, simply amazing. Whammer is correct, manuals are on the verge of really being archaic at this point.

+1 !

Threads here always get side tracked. Remember we are here because of the 2013 model. Yes it's great if info comes out about engine, trans , body ect... But to argue over this is better or that's better is not needed here. Just my opinion here. So with that said has anyone heard anything new?

Muscle car with a auto...I think i just threw up in my mouth a lil

Professional, or consistent racer sure an auto is the best for quicker times using very little skill, but most of us drive on the street 99% of the time and enjoy rowing the gears.

Too Bad one of my close friends owns an original 67 GT500 Shelby with an automatic transmission. I get sick every time I think about how much his car is worth$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

They use the same brand in a Ferrari as they use in my Focus. I realize it won't be the same model of course, but it is made by Getrag. As my earlier post stated, the brands I named use a Getrag DCT tranny.

The engine in your Focus is the same brand as the GT500. Guess they are the same. Great analogy!

Threads here always get side tracked. Remember we are here because of the 2013 model. Yes it's great if info comes out about engine, trans , body ect... But to argue over this is better or that's better is not needed here. Just my opinion here. So with that said has anyone heard anything new?

( Auto trans for 2013 GT500 ) How else will us car people learn whats new out there in technology? We just want the Shelby to keep up with the competition . The ZL1 Camaro will have ALL the current technology, even Ferrari now uses magnetic shock control from GM. So what's wrong with asking if the new Shelby will also have this stuff. This stuff is something else if you have ever had the chance to use it @ SPEED, like 133MPH @ Road Atlanta.Some of the better drivers were hitting 142 MPH.Now we did have a pro driver telling us the breaking points and Cadillac said drive it like you stole it !!!

Go to youtube( me vs.Road Atlanta ) or guy in 6pd ( cadillac v-series performance lab, road atlanta e )

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting new info on technology, quite opposite I encourage it but when we start arguing and people start putting each other down that's something else. I know there a bunch if die hard fans of manual trans and that's great but you can't be closed minded and say auto trans should not be used, some people would just like the option. If its better fine if not so be it but that is their choice. So again anyone with new info or spy shots?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting new info on technology, quite opposite I encourage it but when we start arguing and people start putting each other down that's something else. I know there a bunch if die hard fans of manual trans and that's great but you can't be closed minded and say auto trans should not be used, some people would just like the option. If its better fine if not so be it but that is their choice. So again anyone with new info or spy shots?

1+

This whole thread is eerily similar to early discussions many had on the Club Sea Ray forum- and this was on the use of pod drives. Technology evolves and, in this case, makes boats faster, more fuel efficient, and handle like a sports car. Not too mention, docking like you are playing a video game. The old school guys complained about complicated technology, the lack of skill needed to dock, and the lack of learning and using "boating fundamentals" (opposing engine thrust) to maneuver a boat. My boat has straight shafts (no pod drives), and after driving a 47 footer with pods driven by twin Cummins 480 hp diesels, I can tell you it makes my boat feel like I'm dragging an anchor. It's like complaining in the boating world that Loran is a more skillful way of navigation (compared to GPS). Not.

Rarely do people spend the money nowadays on bigger, more expensive boats that don't have some form of new drive technology to the props (compared to straight shafts). You can buy a shaft boat, but you are buying a new boat with old technology.

If Ford offers choices, fine, but I'll opt for DCT in a heartbeat. That is if it's a paddle shift and not some semi-auto set up.

Thank you, well put!

YOU GOT IT,

It is tottaly up to you! Manual or Automatic...

Now, as a good Brazilian, former racer, I MUS STICK WITH THE STICK! it is just more fun and more control of the beast!

By the way, CTS-V ... nice car! :worship:

• 2 years later...

Archived