TEAM SHELBY FORUM

resale value

softy

what is a 2007 gt 500 worth with only 800miles?

If it is bone stock and perfect, I would say it is worth 33K.

I say this because I recently paid 35K for a 2009 Red stripe edition (car #13 of 89). It was bone stock and owned by a 70 year old lady. It has 2,200 miles on it.

th_453.jpg

th_455.jpg

th_456.jpg

th_457.jpg

th_465.jpg

th_467.jpg

th_468.jpg

th_469.jpg

If it is bone stock and perfect, I would say it is worth 33K.

I say this because I recently paid 35K for a 2009 Red stripe edition (car #13 of 89). It was bone stock and owned by a 70 year old lady. It has 2,200 miles on it.

th_453.jpg

th_455.jpg

th_456.jpg

th_457.jpg

th_465.jpg

th_467.jpg

th_468.jpg

th_469.jpg

hey did i see you in a police line up?

for mugging that 70 yr. old for that car .thats a good pricehysterical.gif

maybe i never get to enjoy it i have 3 girls all less than 5yrs old.

That's a handful for sure. The market has really softened for the 2007 to 2009 GT500's because they made so many of them and they just keep making them. You may be better off just turning the car into a daily driver and driving your money out of the car. Heck the back seats are great for little ones. Why not enjoy the car with your family ?

That's a handful for sure. The market has really softened for the 2007 to 2009 GT500's because they made so many of them and they just keep making them. You may be better off just turning the car into a daily driver and driving your money out of the car. Heck the back seats are great for little ones. Why not enjoy the car with your family ?

+ 1000. These cars are made to enjoy, get it out and enjoy it....

Alex

Dumped mine and bought a new F150 truck while the Shelby still had some value left. I am getting more enjoyment out of my new truck due to the fact, I don't have to worry about it getting hit, dinged or someone mess'n with it. I'll get another toy some day. But I will not get caught up in the false hype of being "limited"ever again.

Dumped mine and bought a new F150 truck while the Shelby still had some value left. I am getting more enjoyment out of my new truck due to the fact, I don't have to worry about it getting hit, dinged or someone mess'n with it. I'll get another toy some day. But I will not get caught up in the false hype of being "limited"ever again.

Yep, know what you mean. I also got scammed hook, line and sinker in regard to "limited" production on my 07 GT500 which is a total garage queen. Me, I'm in my mid 60's and would like to sell mine but where I live and the economy now, not to many people have money to spend on a fun car.

If I had to do it over again, I would have bought a Roush P51 edition or a Dan Gurney Saleen Mustang.

When I check autotrader.com, I see a lot more Shelby's for sale than I see for Roush or Saleen's.

A friend of mine paid close to 75k for a 07 GT500 when they came out.

I paid under 35k for a 08 with less than 3k miles two years ago.

I sold my 08 GT500 convertible in the dead of winter last year (Dec 24 to be exact) in the midst of the worst economic downturn of our generation...I got 42k for it with 20k miles on the odo...(plus the guy had to ship it all the way across the country)

Sure there was competition, but no one writes an ad like I do....

As these are secondary cars, time of year does not matter in my opinion. So advert it now, and don't wait a minute longer.

If I had to do it over again, I would have bought a Roush P51 edition or a Dan Gurney Saleen Mustang.

When I check autotrader.com, I see a lot more Shelby's for sale than I see for Roush or Saleen's.

A friend of mine paid close to 75k for a 07 GT500 when they came out.

I paid under 35k for a 08 with less than 3k miles two years ago.

All performance Mustangs have taken the same hit in price. Look up Dan Gurney's for sale right now and you can find a few under 5,000 mile examples for under $35K. Those started with a higher MSRP than GT500's. The Dan Gurney's had MSRP of $58-60K. There were also only 301 examples of those built. There were only 51 P51 Roush's built, so not really fair to value that limited quantity of a car. However, if you look at most Stage 3 Roush Mustangs (the most comparable to a GT500) for sale, they have taken an even bigger hit. So really, they have all taken about the same value drop as of now. Who knows what the future will hold. They are all good cars that will retain some value, but they will continue to be hit hard for the forseeable future. They will be worth a bunch when we're dead and gone. So just drive!! :shift:

Now that the 2013 GT 500 info is out , the 2007-2009 models just dropped 5k in value because the used car market will be flooded in the spring of2012 .

couple of thoughts....

2013 GT500 will be more expensive that 2012s - Coupe $65-69K, 'vert - $5k more

Production will be less than 2012, one for each of the 3031 US Ford dealers, 200 for Canada, another 500 or so for VIPs, Galpin and other large volume dealers

There are 20-22k 07 - 09s out there. That many cars tend to make there own resale market, regardless of what new models are available.

I believe the hype of the 2013 will strengthen the used GT500 market. You want one, can't afford it or get one, so you buy a nice well taken care of used GT500 - half the $ and a lot faster than the BMW or Honda they are driving currently.

Time will tell......

Consider the fact that an '07 GT500 is soon to be 6 model years old and can bring around 30 grand in reasonable condition. These cars stickered in the mid 40s. That is an absolutely incredible value hold. A 50% depreciation from MSRP is generally expected in 3 years on average across the board.

Production will be less than 2012, one for each of the 3031 US Ford dealers, 200 for Canada, another 500 or so for VIPs, Galpin and other large volume dealers

1 per dealer is the *minimum* allocation.

My dealer (one of multiple shops owned by the Phil Long dealership group) has 8 allocated and will sell at least 13 by his estimate (the number per year, he has sold over the past few years).

So your estimate is pretty low, IMHO.

Phill

I just bought my 07 a couple of months ago. The original owner paid $17k over list, then did about $8k in mods to the car. It had 30k miles on it, and I got all the stock parts, plus 4 black svt rims with Hoosier slicks on them. After 2 clutches the last owner put a SPEC clutch in it. It's a rocket and with the mods I think it limited the marketplace. I got it for an amazing price - under $30k. Other than putting it away for the winter (I'm in Canada and don't have a death wish) I will use it as my daily driver - I paid more for my CRV 4 years ago, so I don't have to treat it like a "special" car. I can't wait for spring!

The nice thing is you can drive it around like a "normal" car but when you want to have fun there's lots under your foot.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had mine for two years now. Bought it used for 36k. I have dumped a bunch of money in and don't regret any of it. It has been worth every penny I paid for it! There is nothing like 550 rwhp. It puts a smile on my face everytime I drive the car. I am not the guy that bought the car to resaleit. I bought it for my wife and I to enjoy! We will continue to drive it. Continue to upgrade it and never look back. If we had purchased it for an investement we would never be able to enjoy the car. Love your GT500, Drive your GT500!

If we had purchased it for an investement we would never be able to enjoy the car. Love your GT500, Drive your GT500!

Amen brother...

:salute:

26k and gonna drive from NJ to Las Vegas this spring for the 50th bash. I laughed at the last person that said I was going to destroy the value of my car by driving it! :hysterical2:

Consider the fact that an '07 GT500 is soon to be 6 model years old and can bring around 30 grand in reasonable condition. These cars stickered in the mid 40s. That is an absolutely incredible value hold. A 50% depreciation from MSRP is generally expected in 3 years on average across the board.

Totally agree, just to give some perspective....in mid 2009 I purchased a loaded 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S with 10,037 miles (MSRP $119,000) and I paid $51,000 for it. So selling my 4 year old $47,500 Shelby at mid 30's is a good thing.

Well with the monster 650 traction controlled 2013 GT500 coming out there will be quite a few sellers of older model GT500s.

All I know is if you put a 2007-2009 in perfect condition and low miles on the showroom floor with $35K on the window, right next to a 2013 with $65K in the window, and I would have one hell of a hard time justifying spending the extra $30K on the new one. I could justify either, but in '08 when I paid $52K for mine, there wern't any GT500's that could be had to $30K less.... If I could have had a full blown GT500 for $35K with low miles and perfect condition, I would have been all over that. These are great times for people that want to experience automobile AWESOME for very low cost of entry!

Guys, I just bought a pristine 2008 GT500 with only 10K miles, shelby CS20 rims, short throw shifter, 2" eibach lowering kit, seq taillights, tinted windows, for $29K. Hopefully it doesn't go much lower.

Archived