TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Cali Special in light cammo

bpmurr

Looks a lot like our current GT500 with small fogs and a badge swap. I don't like the extra black plastic around the license plate. Even though it's not the GT500 is gives us a little more as to the direction they are going in.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/04/next-ford-mustang-gt-will-channel-gt500/

Thanks Ford, for diluting our gt500's to looking like GT's now. God this irks me.

That front ends is way too simular...that's NOT right. For all the additional $$$ they should not look this close to a GT500!!!

The tail end looks slightly cleaner than the current model. I'd have to think the t-lights will have a diffenrt pattern, maybe moving the reverse light out of the centers.

The lower bumper looks to have much less girth to it. I'm not sure I see any real improvement. Maybe with less diguise.

That front ends is way too simular...that's NOT right. For all the additional $$$ they should not look this close to a GT500!!!

The tail end looks slightly cleaner than the current model. I'd have to think the t-lights will have a diffenrt pattern, maybe moving the reverse light out of the centers.

The lower bumper looks to have much less girth to it. I'm not sure I see any real improvement. Maybe with less diguise.

Havent seen the GT500 yet - I bet it will stand out.

I was afraid of this. I heard that was what Ford was going to be doing. WHY in God's name would they make the car look like the GT500?

They have completely raped the uniqueness out of the Shelby. There are so many ways they could've gone with the '13, this was just a very cheap and unimaginative way.

Thanks Ford, for diluting our gt500's to looking like GT's now. God this irks me.

That front ends is way too simular...that's NOT right. For all the additional $ they should not look this close to a GT500!!!

I was afraid of this. I heard that was what Ford was going to be doing. WHY in God's name would they make the car look like the GT500?

They have completely raped the uniqueness out of the Shelby. There are so many ways they could've gone with the '13, this was just a very cheap and unimaginative way.

^ +1...

'your' GT500, dude thats funny! Just because you have a GT500 does that make you better than an owner with a regular GT, c'mon think about your comments

IMO the GT500 has just about run it's course, many can buy a brand new Shelby GT500 for less than invoice (X Plan). There are not so many Americans willing to spend 40K+ on a mustang these days when pay isn't keeping up with inflation, even with X Plan. JMO

If I could get a new Boss at X Plan, sign me up. Edit: I'll make the Boss my DD.

'your' GT500, dude thats funny! Just because you have a GT500 does that make you better than an owner with a regular GT, c'mon think about your comments

It seems to me that you are interpreting the previous poster's comment the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with the GT, or the V6 for that matter, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Shelby owners being "better" than owners of other Mustangs. I don't believe that a person becomes "better" or "worst" because of the car he/she drives.

I think however that it is legitiate for people who buy the top of the lline of a particular model and pay extra money for it to wish that their car stand out visually. If you look at the history of Shelby Mustangs, they have always had a distinctive look. Whether its different taillignts, different front end, the centered tailpipe of the '69-'70 model, etc., these cars have always looked a bit different from other Mustangs, The same argument could be made with the Boss, which also has styling cues that sets it apart from other Mustangs.

This situation is not unique to Ford products. M series BMW, AMG Mercedes and even the new ZL1 Camaro all have styling cues that make them stand out from the rest of the lineup. There must be a reason why so many car makers are using that strategy with there top of the line performance models. For many owners, part of the appeal of these cars, besides the increased horsepower and/or improved handling is indeed the distinctive look. I realize that some may just want lots of power and better handling with a sleeper look and that for those people, a GT500 that looks just like a V6 would be just fine. I totally respect that. However, I believe that the vast majority of those who decide to pay extra money for a GT500 want some uniqueness along with the added horsepower.

Ford has a history of doing this. I remember the Ford Mustang Bullitt GT from 2001. It came out with unique wheels and hood scoop that made it stand out from the other mustangs. The next year those wheele and hood scoop were on the Mustang GTs. I am against diluting the look of the Shelby by spreading it across other trims of the Mustang.

Just to clarify, I don't think the base models get it, so not the v6, not sure on base v8, but definitely on the premium gt and gtcs.

If you guys are upset about that, just wait until you see what's in store for the drivetrain. It will be good if you have been holding out for a hip replacement. Lol

I wouldnt even talk about this stuff, but my 11 yr old neighbor starts hitting me with this stuff, and his family doesn't even own a ford. Sheesh...great job keeping secrets ford

Just to clarify, I don't think the base models get it, so not the v6, not sure on base v8, but definitely on the premium gt and gtcs.

If you guys are upset about that, just wait until you see what's in store for the drivetrain. It will be good if you have been holding out for a hip replacement. Lol

I wouldnt even talk about this stuff, but my 11 yr old neighbor starts hitting me with this stuff, and his family doesn't even own a ford. Sheesh...great job keeping secrets ford

What is he saying?

Hey guys, stop panicking think about it. Look at the first prototype shelby gt500. IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE A MUSTANG GT 2006ish. There is even a video of CARROL SHELBY driving it on YOUTUBE. If I had to guess they are using old body style with newer parts so they dont have to conceal it as much. I am pretty sure there smarter than chevrolet and wont make every model of there car look the exact same like the corvette.

Hey guys, stop panicking think about it. Look at the first prototype shelby gt500. IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE A MUSTANG GT 2006ish. There is even a video of CARROL SHELBY driving it on YOUTUBE. If I had to guess they are using old body style with newer parts so they dont have to conceal it as much. I am pretty sure there smarter than chevrolet and wont make every model of there car look the exact same like the corvette.

:huh: wat?

Have you never seen the red looking mustang GT with carrol shelby punching through the gears? It is im pretty sure a prototype for the fact that, you can hear the supercharger screaming. Its a test mule is my point just like anything else doesnt mean its gonna be exactly the way it looks and I was using the old gt500 prototype that carrol shelby was driving around as an example. I dont think I am wrong but please correct me if I am.

When ever ford uses graphics / vinyl on a prototype to disguise the body their likely ready to release that model in the short term future. This is not a test mule!

They wouldn't create an all new front and rear bumper cover and taillight for testing mechanical changes!

This is the refreshed version of the '13 Mustang. GT only, maybe, Premium GT only vs. base GT vs, I don't think so..

We'll all know soon enough, but I'm betting I'm 100% on the money here.

When ever ford uses graphics / vinyl on a prototype to disguise the body their likely ready to release that model in the short term future. This is not a test mule!

They wouldn't create an all new front and rear bumper cover and taillight for testing mechanical changes!

This is the refreshed version of the '13 Mustang. GT only, maybe, Premium GT only vs. base GT vs, I don't think so..

We'll all know soon enough, but I'm betting I'm 100% on the money here.

I agree, this is what some version of the mustang is going to look like.

Ford has used Shelby styles cues for regular Mustangs in the past! If the 1971-1973 Mustang front end looks familiar to anyone here, it is because it was copied from the 1969 Shelby front end. By the way, Ford designed and built Shelbys from 1968-1970 as they do now. It's their car and design, so I don't see anything unusual with Ford using design cues from the Ford Shelby GT 500 for their other models of Mustangs.

It will not bode well for all those that purchased the GT 500's with its distinctive look, to now see that same distinctive look on Mustang GT's. It would irritate me also, but it is what it is.

Let's face it there are way to many current Mustangs on the road today to turn heads. So Ford just wants the GT guys to buy a look a like Shelby to keep sales up.It's all sales #'s plain and simple. But I do agree they should have maintained the PURE Shelby look for the Shelby. Hell if you look on Ebay there are ton's of Shelby's for all to have and enjoy. Being a owner of a 07 Shelby back in the day was special .

Wow how lazy is this not even a little tweek at all just a 100% hand me down from the GT500 at least the 07-09 GT500 went to the base model and was not %100 copy and was not the same body year.

Guest markham51

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

add more cool colors and cool wheels.....

i think this is it .....based on style of cammo. i saw them do this with last change...

they said Ford was flattening out the back end...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

now for a new kick ass version of the Shelby...

change or die....

Lets kick some chebby butt...whatever it takes...

Archived