TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Find

belltr

If anyone is interested in this car, they absolutely need to read this thread:

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/1965-1970-shelby-mustang-gt350-gt500/14434-rare-opportunity-68-gt500kr-selling-11-5-11-a.html#post55299

I think you will gain some valuable insight into additional information.

QSS

It's a local auction without very much industry press, so I'm going to guess this will sell to a well known collector but for not much money compared to the real market. 85K.

This is unmolested. As there are no obvious huge rust rot spots, it should be cleaned up, polished and waxed and whatever needs to be done to restore luster to weathered and worn items, but the paint and body should be left alone.

I liked the picture of the cobwebs in the exhaust.

Is someone going to go to the auction to see?

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/1965-1970-shelby-mustang-gt350-gt500/14434-rare-opportunity-68-gt500kr-selling-11-5-11-a.html#post55299

QSS

that thread was :lurk::lurk: worthy

I posted this somewhere else but will put my comments here as well. I called Earl's Auction Co. to ask about the KR. The lady on the phone told me they are getting about 60 calls a day on the KR. Also didn't seem the least bit interested if I came to the auction or not. If you read the small print in the ad it states that all items will be sold at auction except for the KR and the Model A Ford. Those items will be sold at the auction to the highest bidder but only with the estate attorney approving the final bid. It told the lady at Earl's that I cannot fly 1,000 miles, rent a hotel, and a car, and then be told I can't buy the car if I have the high bid. She told me "then maybe you shouldn't come". I may be wrong but I don't see many people flying in for this auction if they can't actually buy the car. Seems like a rip-off to me. I know cars have a reserve but that is known before-hand. I don't like the idea of somone being able to change their mind if they don't like the high bid. We'll see what happens but I will not be there.

SVT

QSS

Wow, I came on the forum to catch up and found this! It will be interesting to see what the car sells for, and to hear what happens to Shane.

I clicked on the link--read the horror story--and there was no harm done nor were there any warnings from my Virus protection software...your post is no different than the other threats used by the fraud salesman/broker involved...

Actually stngfever is correct. My computer has a nasty spyware on it now that my virus protection keeps fighting off. So it hasn't taken it out, but it is trying. Looks like this Shane person is doing everything he can to attack the Shelby guys.

Actually stngfever is correct. My computer has a nasty spyware on it now that my virus protection keeps fighting off. So it hasn't taken it out, but it is trying. Looks like this Shane person is doing everything he can to attack the Shelby guys.

I'll change my post then--but my virus protection software isn't warning and I just did a full scan to see if there was anything going on I might have missed...I use AVG...

I'll change my post then--but my virus protection software isn't warning and I just did a full scan to see if there was anything going on I might have missed...I use AVG...

Norton Safe Web, updated four minutes earlier, gave it a clean bill of health.

Interesting. Odd that it seems to be effecting some. My computer has Trend Micro OfficeScan and it started poping up messages when I got in there about a "night-no" web site error. I can't find anything on line about it, but it's been poping ups as an officescan alert about every 5 minutes since yesterday.

Well, I'll summarize what I took away from reading the posts documented and located by clicking on "the link" in question:

1. The car is far from 100% orginal despite Shane's claims to the contrary

2. Shane is a relative of a friend trying to make money on the sale of the car and he is willing to:

a. lie about the car

b. threaten those who get in his way as he seeks to rip-off someone and make $$$ (confirmed)

c. call and make threats to those exposing his fraud (confirmed)

d. email and make threats to those exposing his fraud (confirmed)

e. possibly infect websites exposing his fraud (not confirmed)

Just blown away by the price that this car brought. It doesn't make any sense at all. There's a lady in our club who is an original owner of a 1968 Highland Green GT500KR that will sell it to me for $110,000. Maybe I should buy it if these things are going to come back up in value. It is a pretty low milage car. Very nice driver/show condition. Not perfect, but it shows very well and is actually all original, compared to this one! Maybe I should look at it closer.

Just blown away by the price that this car brought. It doesn't make any sense at all. There's a lady in our club who is an original owner of a 1968 Highland Green GT500KR that will sell it to me for $110,000. Maybe I should buy it if these things are going to come back up in value. It is a pretty low milage car. Very nice driver/show condition. Not perfect, but it shows very well and is actually all original, compared to this one! Maybe I should look at it closer.

I would.

I can't see those cars EVER being a bad investment...

Jer

Buy it then go Rent an Old Barn. Put some old Dry Rotted Tires on it and then put it in the Barn to collect Dust and Mildew for about a Year. Before walking away, Raise the Hood about 6 inches so dust can get in there, roll the windows down about an inch to, then sweep all signs of foot Prints and Tire Tracks from the dirt floor. Then in about a Year, have someone video tape you pulling it out of the Barn with a Chain. Leave the title in her Name if you can until you pull it out of the Barn. Wham Bam it's worth $100K more.

:hysterical:

Buy it then go Rent an Old Barn. Put some old Dry Rotted Tires on it and then put it in the Barn to collect Dust and Mildew for about a Year. Before walking away, Raise the Hood about 6 inches so dust can get in there, roll the windows down about an inch to, then sweep all signs of foot Prints and Tire Tracks from the dirt floor. Then in about a Year, have someone video tape you pulling it out of the Barn with a Chain. Leave the title in her Name if you can until you pull it out of the Barn. Wham Bam it's worth $100K more.

:hysterical:

Don't forget to buy some late 1969 newspapers and leave them in the backseat.

Jer

Archived