TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just wondering how everyone with a nrew GT350 is doing with the factory Goodyears or are changing to something else. The originals seem to work fine in wet and dry for me for now, but I have no idea how many miles I can expect on them.

B)

I just replaced my first set of the stock tires. 5k miles out of the first set. Some track use though. I have finally got the car perfect, so this set of tires will last much longer since it is retiring from any performance venue use.

I'm buying a Boss to punish at the track.

Just wondering how everyone with a nrew GT350 is doing with the factory Goodyears or are changing to something else. The originals seem to work fine in wet and dry for me for now, but I have no idea how many miles I can expect on them.

B)

I really like these tires. I am on my 4th set of fronts and my 3rd set of rears. The tires are very consistent on the track and while they do not have the adhesion of slicks they are an excellent set of street/track tires.

To compare, I have installed a set of leguna Pirelli p-zero Cora's on my boss 302 and thought the good years were just as good as these pirellis.

Except for the 50th West then East coast events next year, the boss will get the bulk on my tracks days in the future.

I am hitting the drag strip with the 350 next week in the ambient temps can be decent it should be a fun time - if the snow melts!

Thanks for the feedback. One of my tires has a very slow leak, but with less than 150 miles on the car (yeah, I know, I do plan much more fun time, especially as it can cruise year around). I am going to replace it with the same Goodyear and get a couple of extras as well. For now they do stock them here in Hawaii. Not always the case for performance tires of any manufacturer. The car handles extremely well with the factory issue, so I plan not to chenge unless they are no longer available.

B)

• 1 month later...

What psi, front and rear, are you running on the factory Goodyears? For street use, track use?

cool.gif

34 psi cold on the street and track. Monitor after each session when hot, try keep them 44PSI or below.

cool.gif

I have 9k miles on mine with 3 track days. I would estimate 30% tread left.

I am switching to Hankook Ventus V12 K110 Evos, 285 35 - 19 all the way around. I have used this tire for years on my 06 GT. Best combo of track performance and smooth street ride for the money.

BTW - also going to preserve the Cragars and change the wheels. I will post pics when they get back from powder coating and I get them installed.

I have 9k miles on mine with 3 track days. I would estimate 30% tread left.

I am switching to Hankook Ventus V12 K110 Evos, 285 35 - 19 all the way around. I have used this tire for years on my 06 GT. Best combo of track performance and smooth street ride for the money.

BTW - also going to preserve the Cragars and change the wheels. I will post pics when they get back from powder coating and I get them installed.

Wheel pics?

Why?

Some guys with GT500 models with the same tire I have told me that they run 38 psi for thier cars (not sure if that is the spec). Supposedly, they like the street handling and mileage(!) at that psi. Could be a horse pucky bunch of remarks, but just wondering if it is that big a deal going up 3 psi.

Some guys with GT500 models with the same tire I have told me that they run 38 psi for thier cars (not sure if that is the spec). Supposedly, they like the street handling and mileage(!) at that psi. Could be a horse pucky bunch of remarks, but just wondering if it is that big a deal going up 3 psi.

When I first got the car the tires were set at 40PSi, rode like an effin buckboard!

Wheel pics?

Soon...... they need to be powder coated. I imagine after the first of the year.

They arrived at my house today, and they look great. The color Michael has selected is going to be awesome...but that is all I can say, you're going to have to wait until they're done for the :camera:

• 2 weeks later...

cool.gif

My tires seem to work really well with 34psi. They would not hook up at all until I lowered the psi to 34.

Kris

Yeah, I try to run mine around 33-34. Already burned through my first set of tires....Just replaced the stocks with the same tires, as I really have no complaints on the goodyear performance....

I now have two extra Cragars, which I mounted MT Drag Radials on for the dragstrip. Those I run at about 20 PSI.

Yeah, I try to run mine around 33-34. Already burned through my first set of tires....Just replaced the stocks with the same tires, as I really have no complaints on the goodyear performance....

I now have two extra Cragars, which I mounted MT Drag Radials on for the dragstrip. Those I run at about 20 PSI.

How much did the new tires cost?

I bought tires for three vehicles all at once, and the drags, so the total bill was several thousand, but Iwant to say the goodyears were somewhere in the 350-400 range per tire if I remember right.....any discount tire should be able to tell you.

I bought tires for three vehicles all at once, and the drags, so the total bill was several thousand, but Iwant to say the goodyears were somewhere in the 350-400 range per tire if I remember right.....any discount tire should be able to tell you.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Any reason to keep the spare from the Mustang GT that was left in the car? Obviously if cannot be used due to the smaller rim size causing the car to be too low.

no.

wrong size and will not clear front calipers, or rear calipers if you had them upgraded.

OK

so now that my car is finally done at SAI, and I might soon be able to drive it, the question is: What to do (other than a can of fix-a-flat) since the spare won't fit? is the there an option for another wheel from Shelby? would a wheel that fits the brakes fit in the trunk well?

thanks.

Pat

Here is the issue. The tires are lefts and rights so you would really have to carry two spares tires. Therefore, just purchase some extra tires (1 left 1 right) and leave them in your garage. In case anything happens you will be able to get back on the road ASAP (after being flat bedded home) since most tire places do not stock this tire.

Just yank out you ford spare and you can store a lot of towels and detail spray in that space.......

Enjoy the car and be safe.

I want to get a set of left and right rpalcement rims with mounted and balance tires, but cannot from the factory. If something happens tomy tires and rims, it would take weeks to get tires un mounted, shipped and new ones sent to hawaii. I am looking for a set of the most similar appearing rims in the same series size to keep on hand. Any suggestions. The GT spare I can keep for my wife's 2011 5.0. Funny that everything else that was taken off the GT350 for conversion on the Mustaqng GT and the unuseable spare left in place and not sent back to Ford for a credit.

Archived