TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For the GT/SC package, KB or Whipple?

al ellison

This may have already been discussed; that said, I would appreciate your input as to the choice b/t a KB or Whipple.

Thank you,

Al

Love my Whipple. Just had the conversion done at SA 700 miles ago, and it's been GREAT.

Can't speak to the KB, just wanted to testify to the Whipple.

Sorry, not the most valuable post for you, but had to chime in.

Ask Rick Yates ("pottydr" on these forums), he loves his KB and may have more input.

BTW, if you call Roger Sorel at Shelby, he may have more opinions to offer. They've probably supercharged more of these cars than anyone... Ditto for Lethal Performance, lots of experience there. Lastly, call the companies themselves. All good fuel for the fire.

Bottom line, either one is gonna be VERY VERY cool. Congrats in advance!

Jer

There was an old thread with Kenny Belle and Mr. Whipple trading posts and debating, I think it was eventually lost. It was interesting, for a 4.6 i went Whipple. It is awesome.

Saying that FRPP for the 4.6 is a Whipple.

The KB is not a bad choice either.

Both will put a stock block to the limits. No cutting for the air intake with a whipple and the gt500 fuel pumps add another plus for whipple.

I LOVE my whipple!

All good points there.

Jer

Both will put a stock block to the limits. No cutting for the air intake with a whipple and the gt500 fuel pumps add another plus for whipple.

I LOVE my whipple!

GT500 fuel pumps can be added to ANY of the setups... And with a pulley and tune, the eForce can had in either 500, 550 or 600 HP versions... However, your mileage may vary...

GT500 fuel pumps can be added to ANY of the setups... And with a pulley and tune, the eForce can had in either 500, 550 or 600 HP versions... However, your mileage may vary...

GT500 pump isn't cheap, though, and I think the Whipple is the only kit that includes it. Otherwise, you're buying an EXTRA pump.

Jer

Thank you for the input. The Whipple sound pretty unanimous.

The last comment about wanting more has brought forth a new question - SGT/SC or a new Boss 302?

You already have the sgt right?

Unless you were going to add a boss 302 to the collection anyway, you can probably add a built shortblock and get bigger numbers with the whipple for less than the additional cost to move from the sgt to a new boss plus supercharger.

Personally, I love the body style of the sgt toooo much to make the switch an option for me regardless of power level.

You already have the sgt right?

Unless you were going to add a boss 302 to the collection anyway, you can probably add a built shortblock and get bigger numbers with the whipple for less than the additional cost to move from the sgt to a new boss plus supercharger.

Personally, I love the body style of the sgt toooo much to make the switch an option for me regardless of power level.

Agreed. I still think the GT/SC is the best Mustang available, for weight, power, style, etc... never mind exclusivity of a pre-title Shelby!

Jer

Yes - to both that is.

That's my feeling.

If I had a bigger garage, the Boss 302 is a KILLER high-revving, N/A factory hot rod I'd love to own. Limited Edition, great factory special features, an awesome ride. It'd look nice next to my GT/SC.

Only 1 car? Gotta be my GT/SC. Easily my favorite. And the Boss would look nice BEHIND my GT/SC, where it would be unless I supercharged it.

Jer

You, my friend, are a great, bad influence. What a handsome garage!

Yup, thats the definition of "cool"!

Jer

To be really different you could go with a Saleen setup from Brenspeed that also can be ordered with a GT500 fuel system, that is if you are not sold on SA doing the conversion. Love mine 23,000 miles of pure fun (stock bottom end still .... knock on wood!)

23,000 miles of pure fun (stock bottom end still .... knock on wood!)

Y'know, to hijack the thread a bit, we all talk about what the "stock bottom end will handle"...

I still believe it's about using your noggin'. If you're the kind of person who BEATS a car, you could kill it WITHOUT a blower.

I could easily shoot a rod and window my block if I drove like an idiot, but I respect the pressure the blower creates, and I don't abuse it. Just my 2 cents.

Jer

• 1 month later...

Hi Jer - I hope your new year is strong and the GT/SC is giving you tons of fun. I have mine in the paint shop right now and saw it for the first time the other day.....beautiful! I kept the car stock with GT/SC stripes and all(not painted). I am thinking on changing wheels again to Alcoas but not sure just yet. It is a long story I'll tell you about it one day.

Anyway take care.

Dave

PS: Tell my old friend Roger hello for me.

Hi Jer - I hope your new year is strong and the GT/SC is giving you tons of fun. I have mine in the paint shop right now and saw it for the first time the other day.....beautiful! I kept the car stock with GT/SC stripes and all(not painted). I am thinking on changing wheels again to Alcoas but not sure just yet. It is a long story I'll tell you about it one day.

Anyway take care.

Dave

PS: Tell my old friend Roger hello for me.

Hung out with him a few hours ago. I'll relay the message.

Yes the car is awesome, the weather's been record-setting here in Vegas, so I've been driving the Shelby to work all week. SO much fun, except for the low speed limits between my house and workplace... LOL.

Lemme know what you decide to do with wheels. I'm always up for considering a change... I get bored!

Jer

• 1 month later...

Archived