TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 new butt?

2008vistablue

Funny the bashing going on here from a simple question. From what I know, the GT500 will not look like the 10-12, nor will it look like the 07-09. So there :hysterical:

New front end as well :slapfight:

I think the GT500 for 2013 should have 67 or 68 style Tail lights Remember the 05 GT Concpt, I thought for sure that was what the Shelbys would look like in the back. Did not happen, but they still can do it for the 13's

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My SHELBY letters are in the stock position. They are staying that way too !

I appreciate the 2010 - 2012 look of the GT500 as it has now grown on me. I still do like the 07 - 09 better, but that's just me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone get there new cars. It's so much more economical for me to just enjoy seeing you all get your new rides and see them at car shows and all the events. My wife and I are very proud to own the first run of the 500's and if we ever get another one....there is no way we will buy brand new. We will Waite a couple years and buy someone's garage queen for 20K less then they paid for it :)

+ 1

Have you been reading these forums? Most of the bashing are from the insecure 2007-09 owners taking cheap shots at the better looking and performing later car.

They will find something to bash on the 2013 car too. Just watch.

I think they are proud of there cars. I own a 65 and if I had a choice to trade mine for ANY Mustang; Shelby, Boss, etc. , I would pic my 65 over any. My car is not even a real Shelby, either. Freedom of choice. I think it is about love for the car they own. I personally do not care much for the 10-12 rears, but that is just my opinion. Does not mean I am right either. All you Shelby owners have B*&$@'n cars, so stop trashing on each other. Be proud of the Shelby nation we live in and drive!

I think they are proud of there cars. I own a 65 and if I had a choice to trade mine for ANY Mustang; Shelby, Boss, etc. , I would pic my 65 over any. My car is not even a real Shelby, either. Freedom of choice. I think it is about love for the car they own. I personally do not care much for the 10-12 rears, but that is just my opinion. Does not mean I am right either. All you Shelby owners have B*&$@'n cars, so stop trashing on each other. Be proud of the Shelby nation we live in and drive!

+! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD +1

The 2013 rear looks MUCH MUCH better than the 2010-2012 plastic diaper looking rear.

Let me start by saying... WOW!!! The 2013 GT500 is... WINNING!!!

Having said that, and this will be the contrarian view here, I don't like the new rear...

First, it is way too busy (check the above link for yourself). Too much going on. A stripe delete unit will probably compensate for some of this.

To a lesser degree, I have mixed feeling about the new rear lights in that they now have a "depression" which isn't as "airflow" clean as the 10 thru 12's and will actually collect dirt and make cleaning them a PITA.

But the only drivers that will really notice these minor cosmetic short comings will be ZL1 owners eating Goodyear supercar smoke. hysterical.gif

First of all the pictures of the rear-end ( from the auto show ) blue with black STRIPES is too busy. I am starting to like the GT500 with stripe delete. Maybe it's my age or something. I think the lastest GT500 is a OMG moment. WTFC whatever that means .Hey ilmor you must be older than me with 9365 posts, HS that's a record. Just kidding, I have been reading your post since 07. How many miles on your SGT ?------------------------------ WTFC = way to f ing cool.

post-9597-0-09202800-1321538658_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-27365300-1321538800_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-09202800-1321538658_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-27365300-1321538800_thumb.jpg

Have you been reading these forums? Most of the bashing are from the insecure 2007-09 owners taking cheap shots at the better looking and performing later car.

They will find something to bash on the 2013 car too. Just watch.

The 2013 performance upgrades are nice! I like the seats, wheels, suspension and engine improvements. The 2013 GT500 has a very busy rear end. The 07-09 GT500 front end is my favorite by a long shot.

Some guys can't handle any criticizm about the recent styling changes to the GT500, and it is what it is. I'm glad I own an 07 with a few suspension and engine improvements.

I had considered a new Boss for the wifey :hysterical: but it won't be a 2013, don't like what they did to the front end.

Again, the performance upgrades the 2013 GT500 are nice!

I don't like the rear. I agree with an earlier post, there is too much going on. The black out on the rear, between the lights is too busy. The stripes end on the decklid, stop, then start back on the bumper. I would prefer the stripe straight through. Don't like the black around the licence plate either. Did you also notice the faux as cap, its black on the side, chrome on the face... too much.

I'm glad I own an 07 with a few suspension and engine improvements.

I had considered a new Boss for the wifey :hysterical: but it won't be a 2013, don't like what they did to the front end.

Understandable given you like the 07-09 front more -> then you would like the front of the 12 Boss vs the 13. Its funny how different styles appeal to different folks. Thats the beauty of it though - there is a something here everyone likes.

Personally, I love the new (13) Boss's front end but that is because I like the 10 to 12 GT500 front ends.

:beerchug:

Understandable given you like the 07-09 front more -> then you would like the front of the 12 Boss vs the 13. Its funny how different styles appeal to different folks. Thats the beauty of it though - there is a something here everyone likes.

Personally, I love the new (13) Boss's front end but that is because I like the 10 to 12 GT500 front ends.

:beerchug:

Good points.

Archived