TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 new butt?

2008vistablue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLUS 1

Dont you mean 2.

OK, really, yes the rear of the car is changing a bit. I believe they are the same tailights but more vertical, simular to our old boring tail lights. I hear the best part is the LED's

07-09 is bland, outdated, played out, and boring.

And has the aerodyamics of a Semi Trailer.

EDIT: Do not resist change, it will happen without you.

Phill

I sure hope not or I will NOT buy the 2013, and most def. not the new style coming out (smaller, lighter, IRS...what I thought these were muscle cars not sports cars...). These late models are the best looking cars imo, although I do like the 07-09s more than almost anything else on the road, their just not where the 10+ are in appearances & hopefully 13s. If not I've got a keeper no biggie.

I sure hope not or I will NOT buy the 2013, and most def. not the new style coming out (smaller, lighter, IRS...what I thought these were muscle cars not sports cars...). These late models are the best looking cars imo, although I do like the 07-09s more than almost anything else on the road, their just not where the 10+ are in appearances & hopefully 13s. If not I've got a keeper no biggie.

Forgive the seemingly dumb question, but what's the diff in a muscle car and a sports car. I mean, many set these cars up for track use. Isn't that a sports car? It's not a grand tourer.

Funny the bashing going on here from a simple question. From what I know, the GT500 will not look like the 10-12, nor will it look like the 07-09. So there :hysterical:

New front end as well :slapfight:

Tim,

That settles the matter... THE 2013 IS ALREADY UGLY :hysterical:

Forgive the seemingly dumb question, but what's the diff in a muscle car and a sports car. I mean, many set these cars up for track use. Isn't that a sports car? It's not a grand tourer.

It's a total GT. Dual zone climate control, power steering, high stance when stock, somewhat soft suspension, huge nav screen, nice stereo, mood lighting - not a sports car.

Everyone has them and the shelby letters spread out.

Dare to be diferent keep the 07 but stock!!!

My SHELBY letters are in the stock position. They are staying that way too !

I appreciate the 2010 - 2012 look of the GT500 as it has now grown on me. I still do like the 07 - 09 better, but that's just me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone get there new cars. It's so much more economical for me to just enjoy seeing you all get your new rides and see them at car shows and all the events. My wife and I are very proud to own the first run of the 500's and if we ever get another one....there is no way we will buy brand new. We will Waite a couple years and buy someone's garage queen for 20K less then they paid for it :)

My SHELBY letters are in the stock position. They are staying that way too !

I appreciate the 2010 - 2012 look of the GT500 as it has now grown on me. I still do like the 07 - 09 better, but that's just me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone get there new cars. It's so much more economical for me to just enjoy seeing you all get your new rides and see them at car shows and all the events. My wife and I are very proud to own the first run of the 500's and if we ever get another one....there is no way we will buy brand new. We will Waite a couple years and buy someone's garage queen for 20K less then they paid for it :)

+1 on all your points, save for the placement of the SHELBY letters ;) . There are plenty of opportunities to purchase low milage GT500s that have been well taken care of by their initial owner. GT500s are still very deisrable but the frenzy (and ADMs) of the first couple of production years is gone. I actually paid more for my '07 with 3,000km on it than what I paid for my '09KR with just 252km. Buying a slightly used vehicle is a smarter move from a financial standpoint.

It's a total GT. Dual zone climate control, power steering, high stance when stock, somewhat soft suspension, huge nav screen, nice stereo, mood lighting - not a sports car.

That's sorta where I was going. Didn't understand the "muscle car" reference. I'm not sure I could identify a modern muscle car in the current manufacturers line up (road legal that is).

Archived