TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wudda, Cudda, Shudda

gt5001

Let's not be crying :cry: over the KR now. Or bitching about it! :rant:

There will allways be a new car comming out that will give some 2nd thoughts. If you like the KR so much and want to drop another chunk of cash on your current GT500...wait a week and a half or so, and you will be one happy camper.

Let's not be crying :cry: over the KR now. Or bitching about it! :rant:

There will allways be a new car comming out that will give some 2nd thoughts. If you like the KR so much and want to drop another chunk of cash on your current GT500...wait a week and a half or so, and you will be one happy camper.

I pulled my post since it isn't a KR upgrade and my post assumed it was.

HSURB

Grabber, it does sound like you're alluding to an upgrade "KR" package coming for the existing GT500's. I personally am not a big fan of this. If I'm an individual that's willing to pay up for the exclusivity of owning one of the "1,000" factory GT500 KR models, I wouldn't be excited to find out the factory is busy cranking out clones on GT500's that were not serialized as KR models.

SAI is sending a very confusing message to people paying up for the exclusivity of the brand.

What would current GT500 owners think if Shelby would offer a package for Mustang GT owners to add GT500 stripes, new front GT500 facade and Shelby GT500 labeling/identity on a 300 hp car? Let's say a $4,500 upgrade? Is it right? I would be curious what other board members think?

HSURB

HSURB,

What SAI has to offer in a couple weeks will not devalue the KR. It may however make a few KR buyers jealous. :hysterical:

I will tell you this....It's NOT a KR package. Sorry if I came accross like that.

HSURB,

What SAI has to offer in a couple weeks will not devalue the KR. It may however make a few KR buyers jealous. :hysterical:

I will tell you this....It's NOT a KR package. Sorry if I came accross like that.

Grabber, Your lawyer is now telling you to take the 5th.....Mums the word or your in hotwater from coldwater :hysterical2:

this is killing me ,will someone please say something. I love my car but the 08 takes the cake. back when the 07's were coming out they said 7,000 to 10,000 units of the 07's and the same amount for 08 and now I'm hearing that they will only make 1,000 08's WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!

this is killing me ,will someone please say something. I love my car but the 08 takes the cake. back when the 07's were coming out they said 7,000 to 10,000 units of the 07's and the same amount for 08 and now I'm hearing that they will only make 1,000 08's WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!

They are still making the 8000 to 9000 2008 model. Only difference is that they will make 1000 KR units. The regular 08 will not have the KR hood and do dads.

HSURB,

I don't understand why all the big secrets and why some people on this board seem to be privy to this information that can't be shared? Man, if I was privy to information that could affect the bottom line of a company, I would be quiet. Maybe this is SAI's marketing plan? Do they even have a plan? I'm fustrated because from day one it's been Hurry Up and Wait.

I don't understand why all the big secrets and why some people on this board seem to be privy to this information that can't be shared? Man, if I was privy to information that could affect the bottom line of a company, I would be quiet. Maybe this is SAI's marketing plan? Do they even have a plan? I'm fustrated because from day one it's been Hurry Up and Wait.

with the 471 post you have I would have to say it's working & keeps you coming back for more info now....doesn't it? :hysterical2:

They are only making 1,000 GT500KR's.

They are still making the 9k - 10k of the GT500's for 08.

Based on the different models out they seem to have the production numbers messed up in my opinion.

6,000 Shelby GT's

18k - 20k GT500's over two years

1,000 GT500KR's

How does that make any sense???

Also, they said they made 1,500 GT500KR's in 68. You would THINK they would build 3500 - 4000 today. At least enough to allow every dealer to get at least ONE to sell.

Over 75% of the dealers will never see the GT500KR.

Based on the different models out they seem to have the production numbers messed up in my opinion.

6,000 Shelby GT's

18k - 20k GT500's over two years

1,000 GT500KR's

How does that make any sense???

Also, they said they made 1,500 GT500KR's in 68. You would THINK they would build 3500 - 4000 today. At least enough to allow every dealer to get at least ONE to sell.

It's all about the production capacity at SAI. Ford can make thousands of Mustangs, and the GT500 never sees the inside of SAI's facilities. The others all have to be trucked down there and worked on by Ol' Shel's staff. That is a huge bottleneck. Add to this the fact that they are working on customer cars aftermarket, and you only diminish capacity that much.

I'm sure they are adding staff, buildings, etc., but it is still a logistical mess.

Grabber, Your lawyer is now telling you to take the 5th.....Mums the word or your in hotwater from coldwater :hysterical2:

And Grabber your financial advisor is telling you to sell! sell! sell!

Oh wait...not your GT500...sell your grass from your lawn...in little packages...it's so green and pretty. :hyper:

Archived