TEAM SHELBY FORUM

And the countdown begins!!!!

hourigan218

So now the countdown begins for the preview of the "13" at the auto show. 14 days to go, hope it's worth the hype. The "13" has almost been made out to be the last of the true Mohicans. No disrespect to the 2015 model which will be a full remodel and smaller. But this is supposed to be the all out of the s197 platform. I hope it's not a disappointment. This will tell me to but the 2012 or wait for the 13.

Yeah the '13 is shaping up to be a bombshell for sure. The '15 is really anybodys guess. There has been talk about Ford tailoring the Mustang to appeal to an international audience. That might not be music to the ears of us lifelong Mustang fans. Hopefully the 2015 redo is a refined version of the current offering and not a poor mans 911.

Yeah the '13 is shaping up to be a bombshell for sure. The '15 is really anybodys guess. There has been talk about Ford tailoring the Mustang to appeal to an international audience. That might not be music to the ears of us lifelong Mustang fans. Hopefully the 2015 redo is a refined version of the current offering and not a poor mans 911.

Not sure I would call it a "bombshell" at this point in time, we'll need to see it. Early word is it's less retro looking, which to me is NOT a good thing.

You may have to wait a bit longer to see what the 13 GT500 will look like as I've seen more & more postings on various sites that say the 2013 GT500 will not be at the LA show. The GT will be shown at LA but the GT500 may not show up until Detroit.

If there's no GT500 at LA I wonder if the 2013 Boss will be revealed?

I suspect Ford would still release important information @ LA about the GT500 such as HP/TQ and traction improvements even if they are saving the reveal of the new exterior to headline the Detroit show

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I was really looking forward to see the GT500. If order banks open in Dec. When will photos and specs be out?

Heck, specs could be released during the LA reveal of the 2013 Mustang, or at least some of the specs. Release of sheetmetal changes is anyone's guess at this point. The latest date I heard was the Detroit show but that is just based on forum talk.

Look at the ZL1. Order banks opened without the price being set yet.

Archived