TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any updates?

There hasn't been a lot of chatter here since 2011 production ended around the first of Sept.. I was wondering how everyones GT350 is doing. Are you driving it, any mods, any replacement of original equipment, like tires, etc. I haven't had enough road time in #148 yet, but it is fun and , sometimes, a bit scary with all that 624 power. On ramp launches are soooooo tempting. I would have loved to have had a Recaro seats like the Boss 302, but with anchor points for a 5 point harness. I am not sure if I want to make that modification.

B)

There hasn't been a lot of chatter here since 2011 production ended around the first of Sept.. I was wondering how everyones GT350 is doing. Are you driving it, any mods, any replacement of original equipment, like tires, etc. I haven't had enough road time in #148 yet, but it is fun and , sometimes, a bit scary with all that 624 power. On ramp launches are soooooo tempting. I would have loved to have had a Recaro seats like the Boss 302, but with anchor points for a 5 point harness. I am not sure if I want to make that modification.

B)

Ive driven car #49 about 700 miles so far. The car is awesome. I enjoy looking at the car as much as driving it. To say I own a shelby is a Honor. Winter here in Ohio is right around the corner, so I will be putting the car asleep for awhile. I've been watching the values of the gt350's on ebay, so far they have held value. Do you think they will be valueable in the future?

Kris

B)

Car #28 is performing splendidly! In the short time I have had her (since August), I cannot tell you how much attention she brings. If I had a dollar for each person who took a picture or video of the car as I was driving down the road, I would have 6 dollars. :lol2: Will be putting her away for the winter this week, and will miss her dearly.....

Shelby GT350R #52 here. Am in the Augusta, GA area. As such, don't have to worry about hybernating. :happy feet: The car was delivered 12/17/10 and have put just under 1,000 miles on it. It has run flawlessly. Did have the rear end taken off the car and painted. Started to get a slight vibration from the rear. Wound up being the brake ducts sometimes hitting the frame. The paint and body man had put the ducts on the wrong sides. They ARE NOT interchangeable, though there is no R or L on the ducting. The car is insane. Gets looks and thumbs up wherever I go. And if you don't see it, you certainly will hear it coming. That exhaust has to be one of the badest ever. If I had it to do over again, would not change a thing. Though the local Corvette, Camaro, Porsche and BMW crowd do! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby GT350R #52 here. Am in the Augusta, GA area. As such, don't have to worry about hybernating. :happy feet: The car was delivered 12/17/10 and have put just under 1,000 miles on it. It has run flawlessly. Did have the rear end taken off the car and painted. Started to get a slight vibration from the rear. Wound up being the brake ducts sometimes hitting the frame. The paint and body man had put the ducts on the wrong sides. They ARE NOT interchangeable, though there is no R or L on the ducting. The car is insane. Gets looks and thumbs up wherever I go. And if you don't see it, you certainly will hear it coming. That exhaust has to be one of the badest ever. If I had it to do over again, would not change a thing. Though the local Corvette, Camaro, Porsche and BMW crowd do! :hysterical:

Just got the 350 out for a special event for the Veterans today. Got a couple of hours of cruisin' time in #148. Lots of fun. The bonus for the day was that it was its second car show appearance and got its second first place trophy, this time by peoples choice in its class (one of 11 cars). Totally unexpected. I had not even detailed the car!.

Just got the 350 out for a special event for the Veterans today. Got a couple of hours of cruisin' time in #148. Lots of fun. The bonus for the day was that it was its second car show appearance and got its second first place trophy, this time by peoples choice in its class (one of 11 cars). Totally unexpected. I had not even detailed the car!.

Very cool, congrats. How about some pics of the car in Hawaii. :camera:

Very cool, congrats. How about some pics of the car in Hawaii. :camera:

I am working on getting some decent pics. so far either their have been unexpected crowds at my favorite photo spots, or rain or clouds, etc. All I have is car show pics in parking lots. Boring!

B)

Hi

i have put 9k miles since my 4/6/11 delivery. I have used as my daily driver, tracked it at LASAAC's Willow Springs event in May and at Norcal SAACs Mini Nats 27 in August.

Mods to date -

* AED clean up tune - 552rwhp

* J&M lower control arms and Custom Alignment four wheel alignment

* 2011 premium leather install (single white stripe, smooth leather)

* 45th anniversary engine caps and Shelby white ball gear shift knob.

* Disney hydrocarbon center console, radio surround, shift boot and e brake handle cover

Next up, Tokico D Specs and FRPP K springs.

Great car.

MM

Had a chance to take #70 out to a Veteran's Day Parade and Show last Friday in San Diego. As you may know we got to host the first ever carrier top college basketball game. The small show was held next to the USS Midway which is now a museum in San Diego.

My friend has a 66 Hertz GT350 so we had them next to each other. What a great day!

Old_NewGT350s.jpg

Old_NewGT350s.jpg

#90 Reporting In: Had the car since April 20th just hit 1000 miles & had the oil changed. No mods yet. I'm having a blast with this car below are just a few trophies. Now I need to purchase a wide angle lens to get the rest of them in the picture. :lol:

post-28625-0-11915100-1321293987_thumb.jpg

Archived