TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WTB KR springs

mmitcgell

Probably a shot in the dark but looking to buy a set of KR springs, or even just fronts if they are out there. A friend has a KR and I like the subtle lowering. Looks just right to me.

Thanks,

Mitch

I'm fairly certain these are normal production Ford items. You could check with either your local dealer or a Ford Racing parts supplier to get them, A lot of owners have added them and if memory serves you can still get them easily.

My local Ford dealer checked and advised it was a Shelby item. Changed in Las Vegas I guess?

You COULD get them from a Ford dealer, but I think you need proof that you have a KR.

It's too bad they don't sell them anymore I imagine Shelby/Ford would make a lot of dough.

I have the KR springs/Shocks on my car and I love them, wanted to get another set for my other car, but by that time they were all gone.

I wound up buying the 2011 SVTPP springs and shocks. I'm very happy with them. They don't lower the rear as much as the KR springs, but they do lower it slightly and the ride is actually a bit nicer than the KR suspension.

so the svtpp springs are similar to the KRs? They will lower the front about the same as the KRs? Would you have part # by any chance? What was the approx. cost?

That's great news.

Thanks.

They are similar.

They don't lower as much as the KR springs in the rear... I'd say my KR springs are about a quarter of an inch lower (not much) than my SVTPP springs.

Sorry I don't remember the cost, but I got them from Mike at Tousley Ford. I think it was round 400 bucks or so for springs and shocks, but I'm not positive.

Archived