TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Black lung has a tumor or a hair ball

To start with being N/A my lung can sure flex !!! The car was running great but out of the blue on hard accelerations the car just feels like you hit a wall. The car bogs down and runs like in a safe mode or if the rev limiter kicked in but it doesn't happen all the time. So out of a dozen time it thru out code 061. I checked and rechecked and unplugged and plugged every connection also put dry gas and techron fuel injector cleaner in the tank. I have gotten bad gas around by my house and who knows with the flooding if these idiots checked there tanks. Also will change the fuel filter tomorrow hoping its clogged and the car sat around for a good 10 months but with fuel additive. Also yesterday the car did not want to idle kept stalling with no codes but the exhaust like today smelled funky but today it idled with no problems. So any input would be nice of you swell guys !!

Downstream oxygen sensor 3 heater resistance, heater current requirements too low or too high ( bank 2)

To start with being N/A my lung can sure flex !!! The car was running great but out of the blue on hard accelerations the car just feels like you hit a wall. The car bogs down and runs like in a safe mode or if the rev limiter kicked in but it doesn't happen all the time. So out of a dozen time it thru out code 061. I checked and rechecked and unplugged and plugged every connection also put dry gas and techron fuel injector cleaner in the tank. I have gotten bad gas around by my house and who knows with the flooding if these idiots checked there tanks. Also will change the fuel filter tomorrow hoping its clogged and the car sat around for a good 10 months but with fuel additive. Also yesterday the car did not want to idle kept stalling with no codes but the exhaust like today smelled funky but today it idled with no problems. So any input would be nice of you swell guys !!

Downstream oxygen sensor 3 heater resistance, heater current requirements too low or too high ( bank 2)

Sounds like either a bad 02, a bad connection on the O2's heater circuit, or the heater circuit in the O2 failed (rear O2 passenger side??). Possibly the resistance through the O2 heater circuit can be checked with a VOM but I don't know what the correct value is. I imagine you could check all 4 -- the one that's different is likely the one thats failed.

This diagnostic advice seems to be consistent with my thoughts above.

Also, the generic diagram at the very bottom of this page might help yourule-out the O2 itself by checking all four O2s for resistance from +12 pin to HEGO pin with a volt-ohm meter. If they're all the same it's not likely the O2 itself, I think, but may be a harness or dirty/unseated connector. Clean pins with Electroclean or other cleaner and see if that corrects. If it's not the O2 itself and not the connector, you may have to work your way back thru the harness to the PCM and check resistance from there thru the harness and O2 and back, etc... Hopefully it's a bad O2 or loose/dirty connector.

Sounds like either a bad 02, a bad connection on the O2's heater circuit, or the heater circuit in the O2 failed (rear O2 passenger side??). Possibly the resistance through the O2 heater circuit can be checked with a VOM but I don't know what the correct value is. I imagine you could check all 4 -- the one that's different is likely the one thats failed.

This diagnostic advice seems to be consistent with my thoughts above.

Also, the generic diagram at the very bottom of this page might help yourule-out the O2 itself by checking all four O2s for resistance from +12 pin to HEGO pin with a volt-ohm meter. If they're all the same it's not likely the O2 itself, I think, but may be a harness or dirty/unseated connector. Clean pins with Electroclean or other cleaner and see if that corrects. If it's not the O2 itself and not the connector, you may have to work your way back thru the harness to the PCM and check resistance from there thru the harness and O2 and back, etc... Hopefully it's a bad O2 or loose/dirty connector.

Thanks for the info, I spent a couple of hours last night looking on this and it seems it's a popular problem with are mustangs. One guy brought his car to the ford dealer. They said it was fixed with a new O2 sensor and he drove it home and it happened again he's been back and forth to the dealer. Another with an 07 mustang same problem and throw the car in neutral restarted it and your good. It does it under heavy load the other cars no upgrades. This one forum can't remember which one it was but a stang one this member is telling people its the BBK throttle body. He said he had the same problem with his new BBK throttle body and sent it back and installed a new ford throttle body. He states it fixed the problem, I'm sure it didn't fix it and others said that it happened a couple of time and never happened again. I know my dealer last year replaced my O2 sensors trying to get my car to pass emissions. Which still failed and currently driving stickerless. So first will have my 4yr old crawl under my car with my web camera to see whats going on under there. !!! :hysterical2: If anything after that will buzz the dealer to see if they will replace them for free if that's the problem. I'm sure the GM will be glad to get me in out. Last, I sexual harassed him he's 31yrs old and has purtty lips.

Also a heads up I was shocked the wife needs new tires so we got prices from tirerack.com and any ford dealer will match any tire price less shipping. Mounting was only 15.00 a tire.

But again thanks for the info!!!

O2 sensor is a good bet, but you mentioned the fuel filter - when was the last time you changed it? I change mine every 10k miles - cheap and easy!

Sam

I went a bought one last nite it may have been changed at the dealer like last year. When, I change will see what comes out if there's water floating in it. The gas station owner will be floating in a river !!! :finger: But we did have extreme flooding so may be water !!

This is the same station that, I dropped a dime on his weekend price increase. This will make you laugh, I was in my buddy pizza shop across the street. These 2 guys next to me was watching the station changing his price on thursday afternoon. They said damn gas prices going up again. I turned to them and said on tuesday they go back down. Its that against the law !! Yes

I sure this gas station probably scams once in a while and drops the regular in the super tank. Thats a big money maker scam my old boss use to do it. Just grease the driver

Thanks for the info Sam !!

Anthony

Update ended up changing out the rear Oxygen sensor with a bosh the heated element was erratic. I also changed the gas filter and when checking out the old filter a lot of crap came out. Some red fluid came out either way, I put a bottle of fuel stabilizer and water remover. When pulling out to my driveway it started stalling on me so just gun on to the road. No problems as before went for a long highway ride. The stalling stopped let the car sit outside to cool down completely. Started the car up no stalling idled perfectly so more than anytihing it was the fuel causing the problems.

Thanks for the info

Update ended up changing out the rear Oxygen sensor with a bosh the heated element was erratic. I also changed the gas filter and when checking out the old filter a lot of crap came out. Some red fluid came out either way, I put a bottle of fuel stabilizer and water remover. When pulling out to my driveway it started stalling on me so just gun on to the road. No problems as before went for a long highway ride. The stalling stopped let the car sit outside to cool down completely. Started the car up no stalling idled perfectly so more than anytihing it was the fuel causing the problems.

Thanks for the info

Was the red fluid sta-bil?

Was the red fluid sta-bil?

The only way it could have been stabilizer if it never moved from the filter from my last fill up. I took the car out last night and beat it to death on the high kept the car in the red 100mph down shift. I turn around and cruise between 80 and a 100mph. The car goes in to F mode had to turn the car off and restart while driving it went away pissed jumped back on it nothing get off the highway and start doing hole shots. The were no codes car ran fine from there.

I'm going to post a new topic on this problem my car is not alone.

• 1 month later...

I replaced the O2 sensor took it out and it was fine even on hard acceleration then cruising for a bit and it happened again. So, I pulled the 2 rear O2 sensors they both had excessive black soot on them. This had started with the FRPP intake install so, I went over everything from there pulled the CAI off and cleaned out the MAF with the specified spray. Then, I do drive my car in the rain at times so decided on apply the electric jelly on all the connectors under the hood from there going to change out the sparkplugs. I'm hoping this will solve my problem also cleaned out my throttle body found some oil behind the throttle plates. So, I will reconnect my oil collector but again a lot of mustang owners have the same problem modded and not modded.

Archived