TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS vs KR

Snake Beast

Hi to All,

I am curious, I own a 09 Shelby GT500 and I am having the opportunity to buy a KR silver blue stripes but selling mine first, or, send mine to Vegas and have it done SS. KR's are still going to worth more than SUper Snakes? Regardless of any personal stuff, I don't do drag racing nor street racing, I just love the car! I have this huuuge doubt on which way to go and it's killing me for gods sake! Give me some feedback please!!

Thanks!!

Hi to All,

I am curious, I own a 09 Shelby GT500 and I am having the opportunity to buy a KR silver blue stripes but selling mine first, or, send mine to Vegas and have it done SS...

Between sending your car from Puerto Rico, or picking up a KR locally, I'd probably go for the KR. Both are awesome cars, but the Super Snake is, I think, a bit more of a hotrod than a stock KR is. The KR is more rare, and has a couple of features that I prefer; the hood and twist-loc pins are a work of art, the KR was more limited in numbers produced, and the KR is a true "pre-title" Shelby. That is, that Ford dealers sold the car new, and it had actually been through the Shelby shop before it was first titled. They're both "true" Shelby cars, but the KR is (to me) a little more "true" (I know some will argue 'bout that). I think that in the long run, they'll be equally collectable. If you get the chance, test drive the local KR and see how it compares to your GT500. :)

Thanks old lugs for your opinion, that is what I'm thinking about the KR. These mixed feelings are terrible but true, maybe the KR is a bit more true or legendary since "nothing" has to be done to the car. I did try it because it's from a friend of mine and it has 1,000 miles. He is selling it for $81,000 which is the same cost I will have to do the SS conversion. The KR here is Puerto Rico was sold in $135,000.00, he got his like 4-6 months ago and it's a 2009 but for the same $81,000 he is asking me. To me, that is not the right price, maybe I can still get one in the US for less or a bit less. Do you know where I can find KR's left for sale?

Best regards

Thanks old lugs for your opinion, that is what I'm thinking about the KR. These mixed feelings are terrible but true, maybe the KR is a bit more true or legendary since "nothing" has to be done to the car. I did try it because it's from a friend of mine and it has 1,000 miles. He is selling it for $81,000 which is the same cost I will have to do the SS conversion. The KR here is Puerto Rico was sold in $135,000.00, he got his like 4-6 months ago and it's a 2009 but for the same $81,000 he is asking me. To me, that is not the right price, maybe I can still get one in the US for less or a bit less. Do you know where I can find KR's left for sale?

Best regards

$81K is definitely not the right price. You can easily find KRs with low miles on Ebay in the $50-60K price range. As for your first question, I agree with Jim (shelby001) that what matters here is YOUR personnal preference. I wouldn't worry too much about collectibility. Both the KR and SuperSnake should become collectible in the long run. Personally, I made my choice a week ago but there are no wrong answers here. Both are great cars.

$81K is definitely not the right price. You can easily find KRs with low miles on Ebay in the $50-60K price range. As for your first question, I agree with Jim (shelby001) that what matters here is YOUR personnal preference. I wouldn't worry too much about collectibility. Both the KR and SuperSnake should become collectible in the long run. Personally, I made my choice a week ago but there are no wrong answers here. Both are great cars.

Thanks YZD, those Vista Blue KR are the most rare ones. I was looking for one today and see if i could find it. There is one in the forum but it was modified and I might say I didn't like that. My son 4 years old loves my GT500 and that is why I am thinking a bit in the long run, I have no preferences right now. The good thing I can see about all this is that I can get a KR for less than what I would have to pay for the SS conversion. I have ebay but i will keep looking for a Vista Blue as you did.

Best Regards!

YZD263 How much did you pay for that Vista Blue? are there any other?

Paid $57K. Another low milage one was recently offered on ebay at $54K but didn't sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140613367354&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Although this car is not on Ebay anymore, it seems to be for sale on the vendor's website, although at a higher price. I guess he would still be willing to accept $54K, which would be a good deal in my opinion.

http://www.classicauto-showplace.com/node/10271

Go with your heart............that's the best advise I can offer.

Is the KR a better collector car over the SS........Heck yeah. The KR will be more desirable then the SS as a collector car. "Pre titled" that says it all.

Does the SS get more attention over the KR......Heck yeah. Every car show where my SS is up against the KR, the SS takes it, everytime.

Is the KR a better collector car over the SS........Heck yeah. The KR will be more desirable then the SS as a collector car. "Pre titled" that says it all.

Does the SS get more attention over the KR......Heck yeah. Every car show where my SS is up against the KR, the SS takes it, everytime.

DB,

Agreed on all 3 counts....

TD,

I agree with what you are saying, both are winners. But I have to say, at the show I went to last month at Orange County Choppers, my KR won first place over all the others and two Super Snakes. I was surprised though!!

I would go with the KR, a few simple mods and you are at the same power of a SS, if you so desire.

p.s. I still hope to get a ride in your Cobra!!! :worship:

I agree with what you are saying, both are winners. But I have to say, at the show I went to last month at Orange County Choppers, my KR won first place over all the others and two Super Snakes. I was surprised though!!

I would go with the KR, a few simple mods and you are at the same power of a SS, if you so desire.

p.s. I still hope to get a ride in your Cobra!!! :worship:

Congrats on the win and don't be surprized, the KR is amazing. Who knows, maybe someday our cars will be up against each other at a car show :spiteful:

Ride nothing brother..................I see some parade laps with your name on it. :shift:

I am still on the wait for a special permission to take my car to Vegas and have the conversion! hahaha I think I will go SS BAAABYYY!!!

Thanks to all that have replied, KR IS really an amazing car as well. I have contacted three times a dealership in Michigan for a Vista Blue KR and those guys never answer. I am getting tired of sending emails and calling.

Best Regards to all!

I want to like the SS, but I cannot get past the quality of the hood, splitter etc. Why do people put up with 1960-70's build quality? Perhaps all that has been fixed, but the 5-6 SS cars I saw 2 and 3 years ago had components with some dismal build quality. :headscratch: Don't agree? Look at the corners, look at the UNDERSIDE of the hood. That said, other than the plastic/composites, their other components seem REALLY nice.

That looks nice B, but it looks like there was a lot of work done AFTER it left Shelby, hardly the standard chopper gun look I saw on the early Snakes. I still dare you to compare stock SS parts to the equivalent parts on the inferior KR. :slapfight: Last time I checked this was the KR forum, not the "SS is King" forum.

As I said, I appreciate MOST of the components on the SS, but I don't feel you should have to go cover over the shortcomings, after you just plunked down such as sizable chunk of cash for the upgrade. Also, whats the deal with the 1960's hood pins with the tether to scuff the paint? The SS should be SA's best effort, the hardware seems to be there but some of the other stuff is done on the cheap. :hysterical:

That looks nice B, but it looks like there was a lot of work done AFTER it left Shelby, hardly the standard chopper gun look I saw on the early Snakes. I still dare you to compare stock SS parts to the equivalent parts on the inferior KR. :slapfight: Last time I checked this was the KR forum, not the "SS is King" forum.

As I said, I appreciate MOST of the components on the SS, but I don't feel you should have to go cover over the shortcomings, after you just plunked down such as sizable chunk of cash for the upgrade. Also, whats the deal with the 1960's hood pins with the tether to scuff the paint? The SS should be SA's best effort, the hardware seems to be there but some of the other stuff is done on the cheap. :hysterical:

I guess I'm at the bottom of the list for Shelby cars with my 60's pins and shortcomings covered by Shelby . My car has suffered no paint damage from the tethers you speak of. You want to bitch about my cheap Super Snake that Shelby built for me ,then you have no respect for me and any other Super Snake owners. Glad you have your Carbon Fiber hood to be proud of. I have done nothing to my hood other than add the snake under it . This was SS vs KR topic not SS is King forum . I was not bitchen at you about anything .. just showing my pride of the car Shelby built for me. They did GOOD

B shelby

I don't go to the SS forum and talk down the SS, but you SS owners feel free to do it here. I havent said anything about ANY of the performance items on your cars, only the cosmetic, can't take the heat? Tough, that's my OPIONION from the cars that I've seen. I understand they went through a number of manufacturers for these glass components, they might all be BEAUTIFUL now. From the 5-6 SS I've seen, your hood is the exception, except if you look in the holes . . . then still, choppergun!

I don't go to the SS forum and talk down the SS, but you SS owners feel free to do it here. I havent said anything about ANY of the performance items on your cars, only the cosmetic, can't take the heat? Tough, that's my OPIONION from the cars that I've seen. I understand they went through a number of manufacturers for these glass components, they might all be BEAUTIFUL now. From the 5-6 SS I've seen, your hood is the exception, except if you look in the holes . . . then still, choppergun!

I don't know what heat you mean, I did NOT come here to talk down your KR forum. Only to share my experiance with my hood quality . It is not choppergun , what ever that is .

Try listening to Rory Gallagher to make you Happy, maybe ....

The SS is more showy. It's screams hotrod.

The KR is more understated. IMHO classier. Still has the look of a great muscle car and that great KR exhaust note. Don't forget the number of KR exclusive parts.

The KR is plenty fast. Can be made SS fast real easy. Pulley & tune or TVS.

The KR is much rarer and they don't make them any more. Last pre title factory built Shelby with SAI as the mfg of record. That alone makes it more special. There I said it.

SS are still coming down the production line and there are a lot more of them already.

I like the SS but the KR is the better choice IMHO for many reasons.

Archived