TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An addition to the family

YZD263

I had been looking for a KR for the past few months. I finally pulled the trigger on Friday. I bought a Vista Blue Canadian car from a guy near Ottawa. The car had 250km (roughly 150 miles) when I bought it. I tripled the milage bringing it home to Quebec City.

I have had the car for only a few days. My first driving impressions are that it has a very distinct driving feeling when compared my '07. The shifter, suspension, and most of all the exhaust note are quite different.

I will add Alcoa 20's later this week ans probably add a TVS blower next spring but other than that, this one will stay stock.

Here are a few pics taken this weekend. Sorry of the car is a bit dirty but it was rainy when I picked up the car.

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

Thanks to all for the kind words. I had been looking to buy a KR for awhile, but the high price tag kept me away from it initially. Canadian MSRP for these when new was $95K, which is out of my price range. With prices dropping to a more comfortable level for me, I began looking for one during the summer. As Rob said, I was indeed very lucky to find a very low milage one close to home. The seller actually lives only 10 miles or so from my sister's place who also lives in the Ottawa region.

Although I was ready to import one from the US, avoiding the hassle and added costs of having the car cross the border was a big plus for me. On top of that, Canadian KRs are quite rare. I understand that there were only 130 KRs made for the Canadian market, including 24 in Vista Blue.

Congrats on the new ride, only 150 miles on the clock, what was that guy thinking ?

The previous owner initially bought the car a year and a half ago strictly as a collector car. He told me he only drove it once and then stored it. His other cars are mainly late '60s early '70s cars, I was lucky he got tired of the KR so quickly.

Congrats on the beautiful KR!

You can register as thw new owner, if you have niot yet, at the link below.

Enjoy,

David

Thanks for the advice David. I actually registered my KR yesterday. I had previously registered my '07 GT500 also.

Thanks Ken,

As far as Vegas is concerned, I'm afraid that there will still be too much snow around here in mid March for me to take a chance and drive my car. To give you an idea, the earliest that I ever drove my '07 was April 1st, a couple of years ago when we had an unusually mild winter with very litte snow. Mid April is more typical around here. The Vegas event is still very tempting. However, its not the same when you don't have your own car.

That being said, driving my KR to next year's Dearborn event is definitely a possibility. Even if I do keep my '07, I would likely dirive the KR to Dearborn.

Wow I looked at this one on e-bay Congrat`s Eric on your new addition of coarse my favorite colour . Avery good find with that kind of mileage.

Thanks Jim.

Indeed, I first saw this one on Ebay over a month ago. I was the high bidder but didn't hit the reserve price. The same car then reappeared for a short period on autotrader.ca. I then left a message to the seller through Ebay, which got the ball rolling. After about a week of back and forth, we finally agreed on a price. I actually paid less for the KR than I did for my '07, which was newer at the time, but had more milage (3,000km).

Agree with you that Vista Blue looks great, plus its the rarest color on the KRs.

Thanks Jim.

Indeed, I first saw this one on Ebay over a month ago. I was the high bidder but didn't hit the reserve price. The same car then reappeared for a short period on autotrader.ca. I then left a message to the seller through Ebay, which got the ball rolling. After about a week of back and forth, we finally agreed on a price. I actually paid less for the KR than I did for my '07, which was newer at the time, but had more milage (3,000km).

Agree with you that Vista Blue looks great, plus its the rarest color on the KRs.

Tell me about it ,I showed it to my wife as I was interested in it, BIG MISTAKE. OH well its great to see someone I know got it ,looking forward to seeing it at DEARBORN.

C'est magnifique

Congratulations, I'm glad you solicited our opinions, and pulled the trigger now

My KR feels light years ahead of my modded '08, get 'em warmed up on track days, and then you can feel the car come alive. These were designed, engineered and built for one purpose.....high speed excursions.

Enjoy

Tom

C'est magnifique

Congratulations, I'm glad you solicited our opinions, and pulled the trigger now

My KR feels light years ahead of my modded '08, get 'em warmed up on track days, and then you can feel the car come alive. These were designed, engineered and built for one purpose.....high speed excursions.

Enjoy

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Nice see a California guy that has learned some French! You guys indeed made my decision easier with your unanimous answer to my initial question.

I'm looking forward to getting more seat time and be able to fully appreciate what the car's capabilities are. This weekend, I'll have a final long drive, most of if on nice twisty roads. This should give me a much better idea of the car's handling. Then I'll be storing the KR for the winter and probably put it back on the road in early May. This will be a very long winter for me...

Eric

Congrats 263....................she's a real beauty and makes a wonderful addition to your family happy%20feet.gif

Thanks Dan,

If money was no object, I'd have my 07 converted into a SuperSake just like yours. One SS plus one KR under the same roof would make a very nice family.

Thanks Dan,

If money was no object, I'd have my 07 converted into a SuperSake just like yours. One SS plus one KR under the same roof would make a very nice family.

Oh man ain't that the truth............SS and a KR.

Some day, I'll get that elusive KR.

Congrats 263, she is such a beauty! Love the color and sounds like you worked a great deal!

I will look forward to seeing the new addition in Dearborn next year!

Thanks Michael,

I'm looking forward to drive it next year Deaborn event too, especially if we have an opportunity to drive the MPG high speed oval once again! It was a good deal for such a low milage car. I'm glad I made the move.

Archived