TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.6 kb or 3.4 whipple

Ok guys im going to take advantage of the 3000 dollar credit and get my 09 super snaked. I cant decide which supercharger to get i have seen a viedo for tasca ford called extreme super snake with a 3.4 whipple getting 800 hp and 700 tg on the dyno on 93 pump gas. Can the 3.6 lc do that. Whould love to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks.

Ok guys im going to take advantage of the 3000 dollar credit and get my 09 super snaked. I cant decide which supercharger to get i have seen a viedo for tasca ford called extreme super snake with a 3.4 whipple getting 800 hp and 700 tg on the dyno on 93 pump gas. Can the 3.6 lc do that. Whould love to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks.

First of all.................Is the authorized Super Snake conversion available with the 3.4 Whipple? I believe (but am not positive) that the 750 horse (Black or Polished) S/C that is listed in the Whipple options is the 2.9, and the 750 horse KB option is the 2.8. If this is true, the only 800 horse option that is recognized as part of the authorized Super Snake conversion is the KB 3.6LC. If this is the case, then the owner would have to pay additional $$$ to have the authorized Super Snake S/C removed, pay aditional $$$ for the 3.4 Whipple and it's install and then they would have a 3.4 Whipple on their Super Snake, all after the authorized conversion.

I like the unique "Super Snake" and "Shelby" logo's and labels on the KB inlet, pulley, etc. I believe the Whipple are just generic labels, Ford Racing, etc.. <<This is just a personal preference. My thought are........since the Super Snake is such a unique car and the S/C is such a big part of what makes this car unique, I want my S/C to have unique "Super Snake only" logo's that do not look like a S/C that anyone can buy from Summit, JEG's, Ford Racing, etc.

The KB's, both 2.8 and 3.6LC have these "unique" logo's/labels.

Then we get into the unique technology, Seal Pressure Equalization and Liquid Cooled features/functions of the KB 3.6LC, both shown below.........................

Picture1908-3.jpg

You gotta love the big "in your face" SUPER SNAKE and SHELBY identifiers on the KB pulley!! You open the hood at a car show and it is immediately apparent that the blower on your Super Snake does not look like the blower on the rows and rows of GT500's and Mustangs around you. That is "unique".

R

Then there is just the simple fact that the fastest Super Snake in the World runs a Kenne Bell 3.6

Any questions?

You cannot and will not go wrong with a Kenne Bell 3.6.

They make more power and have less engine parasitic drag than any Whipple produced product. This is not opinion this is fact. Just ask Shelby what blower they use to make the most power.

Kenne Bell for the Win!

Van

Thanks for all the feedback. I have decided to go with the 3.6 kb sounds like you cant go wrong with the 3.6. I made my depoist this week and im going with 3.6 coolant system, stingers exhaust , white ball short throw, interior upgrade went with red inserts and black since my car is red and console cover and the shifter boot , rear cap. And while its there im going to get the red super snake coil covers put on.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have decided to go with the 3.6 kb sounds like you cant go wrong with the 3.6. I made my depoist this week and im going with 3.6 coolant system, stingers exhaust , white ball short throw, interior upgrade went with red inserts and black since my car is red and console cover and the shifter boot , rear cap. And while its there im going to get the red super snake coil covers put on.

Sounds like a great combo! Where are you in Ohio?

I have seen 725 Super Snakes from Tasca...............That would be the 2.8H KB..............

This was before Whipples were even an option.

R

That was in the past.They would not even consider doing a cam install in my car because it was KB equipped.

Congrats rice........................you've optioned together a great SS. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Congrats rice........................you've optioned together a great SS. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Thank you. Already thinking about some mods can you or has anybody done this combo with the 3.6 smaller supercharger pulley would not go over 17 pounds of boost and long tube headers and a tune what kind of power would i be looking at.

Archived