TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500KR: Unveiling Today according to Detroit News

Nothing really new in this article:

Leading Ford's charge will be a new version of the Mustang, the Shelby GT-500KR. Boasting even more rubber-burning horsepower than the 500-horsepower base model GT-500, this limited edition 2008 model will arrive in showrooms in time for the 40th anniversary of the first "King of the Road" edition Shelby, one of the most sought-after muscle cars ever.

The new Mustang is a collaboration between racing legend Carroll Shelby and Ford's Special Vehicle Team. The new head of SVT, Hermann Salenbauch, will be on hand for the unveiling.

READ MORE.

Notice what it said about the Flex, I wonder if that's not the new name for the Fairlane after all?

I wonder if this KR is basically the "new" Cobra R? If it is, it better be insane, and have a lot of suspension mods.

But I've heard rumors about a GT500 R, and a GT500 KR, I wonder if it's just confusion and it's the same thing? And then there's this GT500FR...

Notice what it said about the Flex, I wonder if that's not the new name for the Fairlane after all?

I wonder if this KR is basically the "new" Cobra R? If it is, it better be insane, and have a lot of suspension mods.

But I've heard rumors about a GT500 R, and a GT500 KR, I wonder if it's just confusion and it's the same thing? And then there's this GT500FR...

The Flex (cough) is the production name for the Fairlane.

My deposit check is on its way to the dealership. This will be a no-brainer!

What makes you think that your dealer is getting one. There will only be enough for 25% of the dealerships. You will have to be a high ranking top dog dealer selling a ton of cars to get one of these.

Guest markham51
What makes you think that your dealer is getting one. There will only be enough for 25% of the dealerships. You will have to be a high ranking top dog dealer selling a ton of cars to get one of these.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! In all liklihood Ford will not ship any to Canada where I placed my order this am (son did it for me). It is one of largest SVT dealers in Canada however and if they ship any North I will get one. I do know for certain however that with only 1000 available they will go to those who are quick on the draw. I am modding my US car with KB stage 2 or 3 and so I am not interested in another US car. The US units will be way over priced for sure with the ADMs.

BJ Auction tomorrow night primetime sales block: The Shelby GTH Vert! Ron Pratte will buy it for $600,000.00. The KR will be next week in NY.

You will have to plan on attending the New York Auto Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City to see the prototype GT500KR.

No I don't. 2 of our Moderators are going to the show and will be shooting plenty of photos and posting them here. :happy feet:

No I don't. 2 of our Moderators are going to the show and will be shooting plenty of photos and posting them here. :happy feet:

YES you do!

Photos are just that, photos, but seeing the actual car live & in person is way more exciting....kinda like when you 1st seen a 2007 GT500 at the autoshow or on the street.

Archived