TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Michelin's Pilot Sport

Hays1967

Looking just the same… I have found that there are not many choices in the stock sizes.. The PS is great but with very stiff side walls so the ride will be stiffer and with very controlled lateral grip. The PS2 that are out will have better turn in and a softer side wall and ride, but not in the stock size for now, maybe in the future. In my opinion the PS are the best choice for now. My tire guy says it will be about a 10% improvement! Is that enough to change. I really want a DOT tire that is more for the track, but nothing in the stock size… 19 inch wheels might be in the future.

Stock or even a EVO stage I ... 1st gear is worthless in most cars. No hook up if u floor it. The only real option for now are the Nitto 305/45/18

Stock or even a EVO stage I ... 1st gear is worthless in most cars. No hook up if u floor it. The only real option for now are the Nitto 305/45/18

hey don, with stage two you lose second as well :banghead: One of my mechanics was following, me and the other mechanic in my shelby, up an on-ramp yesterday. Was going thru the gears easy and went WOT about halfway thru second, and then into third. With my new lowers it just felt like it was accelerating nice and straight. Later, the guy following said smoke was billowing from my tires all the way up the ramp after I went WOT. Yes, time for traction fixes. :hyper:

John

hey don, with stage two you lose second as well :banghead: One of my mechanics was following, me and the other mechanic in my shelby, up an on-ramp yesterday. Was going thru the gears easy and went WOT about halfway thru second, and then into third. With my new lowers it just felt like it was accelerating nice and straight. Later, the guy following said smoke was billowing from my tires all the way up the ramp after I went WOT. Yes, time for traction fixes. :hyper:

John

I got those clamps and screws already in the Shelby so I don't forget them. :hyper:

John

John

Still waffling on Stage II .. one moment say I am going to get it and the other I dont. I will prob bite the bullet and install it but get a metco 3" pullie as well.

Gotta love that additional power !

I swap out my 373's nexst week and get the 410's

John

Still waffling on Stage II .. one moment say I am going to get it and the other I dont. I will prob bite the bullet and install it but get a metco 3" pullie as well.

Gotta love that additional power !

I swap out my 373's nexst week and get the 410's

Get the 2.6 pulley and then later if you want you can get the 3.0. I only say this to save you the $ as I have been saying for weeks/months I would get the 3" too. I have yet to order or want it.....biggest issue Is I want so much else I can't afford it all and don't know where to start.

..I actually went ahead and got the 3.0 pulley from Fred already, about 108 if I recall correctly. I went thru some internal turmoil before I decide on the stage 2. I like the hp and response, but now have a light growl from the front of the engine, seems to be coming from the idler pulley. I talked to metco, and they seemed to blow me off, but sent a new bearing set overnight (not free, and actually took 2 days :censored: ) Although the bearing set seems decent enough, I'm going into town monday to hunt down the best equivalent set I can find, and will install monday afternoon or maybe wednesday. Hopefully that is it. Not much else it could be from what we could figure out. Its definitely not the belt.

John

Archived