TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary Bash in Vegas

John  Allen

We're heading down I-15 Friday evening and Saturday morning March 8th & 9th.

Nice. Since you'll already be down there, are you planning to do the cruise over to LA with the group on Tuesday?

We're going to meet the group from LA in Barstow for lunch on Wednesday and then come into Vegas with them. You going to LA?

Yeah I am! I figured since it is the 50th and my first Bash, I might as well go all in. I'll look forward to meeting ya in Barstow then!

Sounds good. Not sure how familiar you are with LA, but avoid using the 605 freeway.

Not familiar at all! I figure other folks in the caravan are so I just plan on following the leader.

Sounds good. Not sure how familiar you are with LA, but avoid using the 605 freeway.

I don't know LA either and would be grateful for any route tips you can give me so I don't regret the trip.

thanks

Todd

If you're following a group who knows the way you'll be fine. If your using GPS, it will probably tell you to use the 605. Don't. It's the freeway all the big rigs use and is a nightmare. Take the worst traffic in SLC times fifty, and you'll get an idea. If I remember correctly, you'll want to get on I-10 then the 110 and the 105 to get to LAX Embassy Suites. It's a little further but the traffic is better. Then to Shelby's place in Gardena from Embassy Suites, it's nothing. Enjoy and well see you guys in Vegas.

We may be able to fly in for the weekend. Does anybody know if tickets are available for the banquet/breakfast? I'm thinking probably not but thought worth a try!

Thanks.

Well, weather right now is looking fantastic between today and next week. I'm hoping to head out early Wednesday morning from Denver to make some of the event Wednesday night. The drive home on Sunday is looking iffy right now, but oh well. At least it's over then and I can take my time getting home. See you all next week!!!

Archived