TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary Bash in Vegas

John  Allen

Now that the dates have been announced, who thinks they might be going? Thinking maybe a caravan from Denver to the event??? Never too early to plan!!

I'm going to have to think about it. The weather that time of the year scares me still. Most likely I would try to borrow a trailer and tow the GT but I won't risk trying to drive it

I have been waiting for the announcement, I plan on being there if at all possible. I too am a bit concerned about the weather in March. Utah has some tricky mountains to travel that time of year. Don't quite know how I'll get there, but I really want to bring my KR. Let's see how many Mountain Region participants we can commit to go and caravan when the time comes.

TShelby

I will absolutely be there! Nevada is in the Mountain Region by the way! How many people from the Denver area are making the trip? Maybe we can arrange a full transporter and get a deal? I have quite a few connections here in town. My one buddy who ownes a transport company and a few late model Shelby's may also be going. He went last year also but just transported his car in a single car carrier. If we can fill a full truck, maybe we can work something out. I'll contact him and see what we can put together.

I will absolutely be there! Nevada is in the Mountain Region by the way! How many people from the Denver area are making the trip? Maybe we can arrange a full transporter and get a deal? I have quite a few connections here in town. My one buddy who ownes a transport company and a few late model Shelby's may also be going. He went last year also but just transported his car in a single car carrier. If we can fill a full truck, maybe we can work something out. I'll contact him and see what we can put together.

Jeff,

I am interested in the transport possabilities. Give me a call or email.

Thanks,

John

I am absolutly going. :happy feet: I am planing on using my enclosed trailer for the trip. Have to see which way has better road conditions I 70 or I 80, but a caravan would be nice if someone had problems (and for the company) Let me know as things get set up and I may join in. :grouphug: .

Maybe we can arrange a full transporter and get a deal? My one buddy who ownes a transport company and a few late model Shelby's may also be going. He went last year also but just transported his car in a single car carrier. If we can fill a full truck, maybe we can work something out. I'll contact him and see what we can put together.

That would be fantastic! For once I could have one of my cars there instead of a rental because I was afraid to drive the snowy mountain passes! Yes! :happy feet:

Ok all in the Denver area. It is looking good for the enclosed semi transporter. Right now it's looking like we might be able to do this for $500-$800 round trip! Fully licensed and insured custom transporter. Same one I used to transport my Shelby to and from Vegas. Can we get a full truck? We need 6-7. I know we are up to 3-4 right now. Who else would be in?

JeffJ

V-8 Vixen

Mark (my transport contact)

jdaallen

Maybe Tony?

116_0099.jpg

Ok all in the Denver area. It is looking good for the enclosed semi transporter. Right now it's looking like we might be able to do this for $500-$800 round trip! Fully licensed and insured custom transporter. Same one I used to transport my Shelby to and from Vegas. Can we get a full truck? We need 6-7. I know we are up to 3-4 right now. Who else would be in?

JeffJ

V-8 Vixen

jdaallen

Maybe Tony?

116_0099.jpg

What schedule? Could he drop in Phoenix before Monday? I'll be going down to the Bondurant class.

JeffJ

V-8 Vixen

jdaallen

Maybe Tony?

116_0099.jpg

I am DEFINITELY in as one of the cars on the transporter if he can pic me up somewhere around San Francisco. Please shoot me a PM and let me know.

Edit: wait..... Is this even in Vegas? (searching now...) If it's in Vegas, I'm out. :hysterical: I can drive there.

-Brian

I am DEFINITELY in as one of the cars on the transporter if he can pic me up somewhere around San Francisco. Please shoot me a PM and let me know.

Edit: wait..... Is this even in Vegas? (searching now...) If it's in Vegas, I'm out. :hysterical: I can drive there.

-Brian

I think this is a round trip from the Denver area.

Jeff

If you think the Transport can come through the Salt Lake City Area on it's way to Vegas, I'm in. Will you let me know? Send me a PM please

TShelby

So far, my understanding is that the truck will be going a more southerly route, but not known right now for sure. Most likely I-70 across. I'll try to get more details but it's pretty early yet. However we have been in contact with the carrier, and he's in if we can get 7 cars based in Denver and it would be $1,000 round trip. I'll see if we can keep working on this, but as of now, all cars would need to be picked up in Denver at the same time, same location and same with drop off. So we'll see if we can get this put together. This would be a dedicated truck just for the event that will stay at Shelby in Vegas, and we would either fill it back up Saturday night or early Sunday so the truck would be back in Denver on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, my understanding is that the truck will be going a more southerly route, but not known right now for sure. Most likely I-70 across. I'll try to get more details but it's pretty early yet. However we have been in contact with the carrier, and he's in if we can get 7 cars based in Denver and it would be $1,000 round trip. I'll see if we can keep working on this, but as of now, all cars would need to be picked up in Denver at the same time, same location and same with drop off. So we'll see if we can get this put together. This would be a dedicated truck just for the event that will stay at Shelby in Vegas, and we would either fill it back up Saturday night or early Sunday so the truck would be back in Denver on Monday.

I'm still interested if you can get the route to divert to Phoenix and be there the Sunday before. I'd even kick in a little more for the detour down.

I plan on attending. I havent bought tickets yet... I'm thinking about rolling all the way into Gardena for the cruise back out to Vegas. Anyone else thinking about this? Also, I'll be coming straight down I-15 from Idaho aso if there is anyone else from up this way or out of Salt Lake City that would be interested in rolling as a group let me know.

Ok, we worked with the shipping company more, and were able to get the $850 round trip price from Denver.

Sorry Tony, Phoenix will not work. Everybody would have to agree on loading their cars on the Friday before and that would take the truck out of service for four more days leaving the truck idle with all of our cars, so that would put the cost much higher and out of reach.

• 1 month later...

Deb and I will be trailering down from Wyo. through Utah on I-15. Not sure of the exact travel dates as of this time (might be leaving the weekend prior), but if folks want to caravan through Utah to Vegas let us know.

We are in NW South Dakota-where in Wyoming are you?

• 4 weeks later...

We're just over the mountain from Pocotello in Big Piney. It's a great drive through the Hoback and over the pass into Idaho. We've been thinking about putting together a group for a fun drive and do the loop via Jackson Hole, Driggs, Swan Valley, Alpine, etc. some good photo ops and some great places to meet and greet.

We're just over the mountain from Pocotello in Big Piney. It's a great drive through the Hoback and over the pass into Idaho. We've been thinking about putting together a group for a fun drive and do the loop via Jackson Hole, Driggs, Swan Valley, Alpine, etc. some good photo ops and some great places to meet and greet.

I was planning on doing a Jackson loop once the weather warms up!

• 2 weeks later...

It does not appear that there will be enough folks from the Denver who need transport to fill a truck. I'm still trying to find a smaller truck option, but not running into much success there yet. Right now I'm looking to do a late night Wednesday red-eye drive from Denver to Vegas with my truck and trailer to make Thursday's track event. I hate not having the vacation time I need with starting a new job last year! Anybody have any other ideas or connections with a truck that can haul 3 cars that might be interested for a week in Vegas?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so it looks like it is just TDShelby and myself rolling down from the Salt lake area to LV on Monday. Is anyone else going to be heading to LV on Monday? Maybe some of you guys from the Denver or Colorado SPrings areas coming across on 70? GChaser, any finalized plans when you'll be headed down the I-15?

Okay, so it looks like it is just TDShelby and myself rolling down from the Salt lake area to LV on Monday. Is anyone else going to be heading to LV on Monday? Maybe some of you guys from the Denver or Colorado SPrings areas coming across on 70? GChaser, any finalized plans when you'll be headed down the I-15?

We're heading down I-15 Friday evening and Saturday morning March 8th & 9th.

Archived