TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Magnaflow Exhaust is quieter?

MongoCobra

Installed the Magnaflow mufflers this weekend (model 16573) and it seems quieter than the stock mufflers. Have others had this? The tone is definitely deeper and I really can't tell how loud it is when I get on the pedal due to the supercharger screaming (thats a good thing). Also, I suspect the mufflers freed up some power just counter-intuitive that quieter would equal more power.

Installed the Magnaflow mufflers this weekend (model 16573) and it seems quieter than the stock mufflers. Have others had this? The tone is definitely deeper and I really can't tell how loud it is when I get on the pedal due to the supercharger screaming (thats a good thing). Also, I suspect the mufflers freed up some power just counter-intuitive that quieter would equal more power.

When I first got my car a few years ago I installed MagnaFlow exhaust and while I can't say it was quieter than stock exhaust, it wasn't much louder at all. I installed the full 3" cat back. I sold that stuff and now have Magnaflows muffler deletes and couldn't be happier.

Archived