TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 50th Bash

shelbydream1

It's a week before our anniversary and Vegas is nice in March and this is the 50th for Shelby and we've been there, so why not. We're in. I would love to drive but a little bird tells me it's not happening.

• 2 weeks later...

In and also flying.

Rented for a fortune a Mustang GT from hERTZ.

I am planning on making the trip but still up in the air on flying or driving?

Took the car out to be displayed at SEMA last year and made the drive in Nov, how much worse can March be???

Lt Dan :salute:

We are looking forward on being there also. Just did a quick calculation on miles,time, and cost of gas and lodging.My map says app. 1700 miles and figure 20 MPG that equals 85 gallons. If gas is say $ 3.65/gallon then cost would be $313. Time wise it says one day two hours, so one nights lodging at $100.00 or less. Plus meals equals over $500 to drive.

Airfare about $ 1000.00 round trip if flying from a major city. So if you want to save $$$$ and don't mind the drive,it would be a blast then :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking forward on being there also. Just did a quick calculation on miles,time, and cost of gas and lodging.My map says app. 1700 miles and figure 20 MPG that equals 85 gallons. If gas is say $ 3.65/gallon then cost would be $313. Time wise it says one day two hours, so one nights lodging at $100.00 or less. Plus meals equals over $500 to drive.

Airfare about $ 1000.00 round trip if flying from a major city. So if you want to save $$$$ and don't mind the drive,it would be a blast then :shift:

Just a note that the 1700 miles gets you there, I am guessing you need or want to come back so total cost is really close to flying. the down side is you need to rent and not have your own car! If more driving we should look at dates and time to leave and route to take to miss most weather?

Lt Dan :salute:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived