TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Bunny in Mustang Monthly Nov issue

DutchGT500

Did someone read that article? What's up with that car. I know it was for sale on Ebay in april 2010.

06TRT0401 which would be 2006, Terlingua Racing Team, 40th birthday and 1 for the first White Rabbit. That is not right. First of all Jeff's daughters car was the first White one.

I think this car was built at Quantum being the first 06 there, hence 0401. Vegas Terlinguas start with 00 numbers and first ones were built like nearly a year later then the Quantum and Tasca cars. Jerry Heasley has to first check out stories before publishing. Or am I totally wronhg here?

Did someone read that article? What's up with that car. I know it was for sale on Ebay in april 2010.

06TRT0401 which would be 2006, Terlingua Racing Team, 40th birthday and 1 for the first White Rabbit. That is not right. First of all Jeff's daughters car was the first White one.

I think this car was built at Quantum being the first 06 there, hence 0401. Vegas Terlinguas start with 00 numbers and first ones were built like nearly a year later then the Quantum and Tasca cars. Jerry Heasley has to first check out stories before publishing. Or am I totally wronhg here?

Patrick,

This was a tricky listing as I recall and may have caused the confusion for Jerry. This was the first "Performance" white Bunny. Jeff's daughter claims the first "White Bunny", which had the appearance mods only. My recollection was that she was only 16 or 17 years old at the time and Jeff didn't want to talke any chances with her being tempted with racing around.

Don, Linda's "Jack Rabbit" also has the FRPP suspension mods as part of the base package. It is basically only missing the S/C and Big Brakes......oh yeah and the CS6 front fascia. I'm sure that still bugs some folks down in LV, but it is what it is.

The end of the article twice states that Kreuger's is the "First White Bunny"; without qualifiers regarding performance or base packages. I got my copy of MM this past Wednesday and read the article over lunch. Afterwhich I sent in a response email through their website noting the incacuracies regarding the production times of the two cars. Linda's was not only the first white rabbit but also the first non-black rabbit sold to the public.

Don, Linda's "Jack Rabbit" also has the FRPP suspension mods as part of the base package. It is basically only missing the S/C and Big Brakes......oh yeah and the CS6 front fascia. I'm sure that still bugs some folks down in LV, but it is what it is.

The end of the article twice states that Kreuger's is the "First White Bunny"; without qualifiers regarding performance or base packages. I got my copy of MM this past Wednesday and read the article over lunch. Afterwhich I sent in a response email through their website noting the incacuracies regarding the production times of the two cars. Linda's was not only the first white rabbit but also the first non-black rabbit sold to the public.

Jeff,

Thanks for the clairfication. I wanted to say Base package, just forgot that is what they called it.

I have a friend in the Mustang magazine business and he has told me several times that the owners submit the articles and they (the magazine) does not do reasearch to make sure it is factual. You would hope the owner writes the truth, or at least the truth they believe. I thought I read that this was the 1st performance white car.

I have a friend in the Mustang magazine business and he has told me several times that the owners submit the articles and they (the magazine) does not do reasearch to make sure it is factual. You would hope the owner writes the truth, or at least the truth they believe. I thought I read that this was the 1st performance white car.

Yes, the beginning of the article correctly states that it was the first white "supercharged" Terlingua. However, protocol and general "good form" would have dictated an acknowledgement of the white base package car which had already been completed before he even started his conversion process. The reader is simply left with an implied unknown possibility of an un-supercharged white conversion preceeding this one.

Worse yet, twice in the last two paragraphs, it states that it is the first "White Rabbit" period; no qualifications...........even giving CS' signature as "proof" of this claim. The general reader will be left with an incorrect "knowledge" that this car was the very first white Terlingua made. Very few (only members of this tight knit group of folks on this forum) will ever make the "hair-splitting" distinction between base package and performance package to which the article makes very passing reference.

Bottom line is: This AIN'T the first "White Rabbit"! PERIOD!

Archived