TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Degredation in performance

NMAv

So I finally got a few goodies I had sitting around in the garage installed today and when all I had the car dyno'ed. This is the first dyno since the injector/CAI/header and tune were performed back in late July. First pull was 584 hp and 599 ft lbs torque. Second run was down 544 hp, torque was all messed up (683), third run hp down to 528 with torque at 573. On the second and third run the air/fuel redlined at 10. See attached.

Our thinking is that it is an O2 sensor issue (one behind the cat) causing the system to dump fuel. The front O2 sensor was reading about 1185 degrees. Don't have a reading on the back one. Tune is a Jon Lund and I've already forwarded Van a copy of the information (I'm sure I will heard back from Van tomorrow as he is both great to work with and very prompt in his communications), but I was hping to gain some insights into the potential cause and any diagnostics I can do at this point in time.

NMAv

Dyno.bmp

Dyno.bmp

So I finally got a few goodies I had sitting around in the garage installed today and when all I had the car dyno'ed. This is the first dyno since the injector/CAI/header and tune were performed back in late July. First pull was 584 hp and 599 ft lbs torque. Second run was down 544 hp, torque was all messed up (683), third run hp down to 528 with torque at 573. On the second and third run the air/fuel redlined at 10. See attached.

Our thinking is that it is an O2 sensor issue (one behind the cat) causing the system to dump fuel. The front O2 sensor was reading about 1185 degrees. Don't have a reading on the back one. Tune is a Jon Lund and I've already forwarded Van a copy of the information (I'm sure I will heard back from Van tomorrow as he is both great to work with and very prompt in his communications), but I was hping to gain some insights into the potential cause and any diagnostics I can do at this point in time.

NMAv

Confirm you have the right tune..

My first Jon Lund tune was for thr wrong S/C and caused some inconsistant pull numbers and funny idle.

Contacted Jon and they realized what happened, e-mailed me the correct tune which solved everything.

Not to say this is a common error but it does happen and does cause similar issues.

Archived