TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT500KR: HERE IT IS!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 30 2007, 05:13 PM) 123217[/snapback]
Is this old news already? Or am I telling you all something you didn't already know?

Launching next spring, the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR model features a 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack that boosts engine output to an estimated 540 horsepower.

Produced in a limited edition of 1,000 units, the Shelby GT500KR coupe comes with a custom carbon composite hood with scoops and stainless steel twist-down hood pins, a lower front air dam with chrome-trimmed functional brake ducts and large 14-inch Brembo front brakes. The suspension has been modified with an emphasis on race-inspired handling.

Drawing inspiration from the classic 1968 KR model, the Shelby GT500KR also features 40th Anniversary exterior badging, unique striping and a distinctive interior with Carroll Shelby-signature embroidered seats and a 40th Anniversary numbered dash plaque.

Hey Five Oh....Everybody has been talking about this the whole day. We even got pics!!!!

H.P. rating is more specific on this press release than the one from last Thursday. 540 H.P. is a lock and that's not SAI fault either. FoMoCo's corporate brain trust capped and locked the H.P. down on the KR, period.

<--------------------------------------------

Oh well... :hysterical2:

That's why we NEVER, EVER log off the site!!!! :hysterical2:

....and that's why we all see- from time to time-

CPU QUOTA EXCEEDED :banghead::hysterical:

OOPS. :censored: You mean we should log of once in awhile? :hysterical2:

Now you tell us. Was that in the FAQ????? :hysterical2:

Sorry, I should read more. :hysterical:

H.P. rating is more specific on this press release than the one from last Thursday. 540 H.P. is a lock and that's not SAI fault either. FoMoCo's corporate brain trust capped and locked the H.P. down on the KR, period.

<--------------------------------------------

Oh well... :hysterical2:

I'm confused...which press release are you looking at? Can you provide a link? Is it the one on the Shelby web site? :headscratch: I don't see any "lock" on the HP at 540.

Dave

I'm confused...which press release are you looking at? Can you provide a link? Is it the one on the Shelby web site? :headscratch: I don't see any "lock" on the HP at 540.

Dave

Dave,

For clearity, what I mean by "lock" is that the Press Release that was posted by FoMoCo last Thursday (the press release that Robert has posted elsewhere in another forum) lists the 540 H.P. as "indicated" or something like that (I can't quite remember the specific word), but the Shelby press release now excludes that comment and states twice within their announcement that the KR's 540 H.P. is the H.P. and not speculative. In other words, regardless of FoMoCo's vailed statement that the 540 H.P. is subject to change, it's really is not going to be any more than what has already been announced. I know that the 500's H.P. was initally announced at 450 H.P. and in the end came out to be 500, but that will not happen in the case of the KR because internally, FoMoCo says no more than 540 H.P. for the KR, period.

My interest about this matter may not make any sense to you now, but will become clearler to you as time goes on.

Hope this clears your question up.

ADM doesn't mean "Added Dealer Markup" or "Additional Dealer Markup"

it now means Astronomical Delusional Markup :hysterical2:

Good one Coldy, good one.

How about Absurd Dealer Markup?

Dave,

For clearity, what I mean by "lock" is that the Press Release that was posted by FoMoCo last Thursday (the press release that Robert has posted elsewhere in another forum) lists the 540 H.P. as "indicated" or something like that (I can't quite remember the specific word), but the Shelby press release now excludes that comment and states twice within their announcement that the KR's 540 H.P. is the H.P. and not speculative. In other words, regardless of FoMoCo's vailed statement that the 540 H.P. is subject to change, it's really is not going to be any more than what has already been announced. I know that the 500's H.P. was initally announced at 450 H.P. and in the end came out to be 500, but that will not happen in the case of the KR because internally, FoMoCo says no more than 540 H.P. for the KR, period.

My interest about this matter may not make any sense to you now, but will become clearler to you as time goes on.

Hope this clears your question up.

Actually I'm no more clear yet...where is the Shelby press release? On their website? If so, I just read that...and it still says "estimated" 540 HP. I must be looking in the wrong place...do you have a link?

Dave

I think what he is eluding to is the rumor's of the new GT500 variant that is supposed to be unvailed at the auto show with the rumored 600 HP. I do understand what your saying about the "estimated 540 hp" figure though.

Actually I'm no more clear yet...where is the Shelby press release? On their website? If so, I just read that...and it still says "estimated" 540 HP. I must be looking in the wrong place...do you have a link?

Dave

I think what he is eluding to is the rumor's of the new GT500 variant that is supposed to be unvailed at the auto show with the rumored 600 HP. I do understand what your saying about the "estimated 540 hp" figure though.

Dave,

Yes, you are right. I'm very sorry for any confusion that I caused by my comments. I obviously need to have my eyesight checked again, because I would swear on my mom's grave that the word "estamated" was not anywhere in the SAI posting, but it is. HOWEVER, without getting into details; regardless of the press releases, it is my understanding that the KR will not exceed 540 H.P. Again, my apologies for any confusion.

Joker,

Any information about projects beyond the KR will be released a few days or a week after the NYAS closes. The KR and the 40th package GT500 will be the only Shelby's revealed at that show. I suspect that we will be seeing some postings about the KR and the show in general tomorrow night or early Thursday morning from Robert and others that are attending the show which I believe is open to the press tomorrow.

I think the Locked in 540hp was Son of GT's opinion since they always under estimate HP on a car when its 1st announced.

The Rumored 599.99 HP :hysterical2: car will not be at the Auto Show with the KR.

Shelby Automobiles Inc will have another announcement a week or 2 after the auto show that comes out of SAI in Lost Wages to another model Shelby :hysterical2:

Well it seems that there are going to be more GT500 varients then you can shake a stick at pretty soon. A sea of GT500's will soon flood the earth........

All this secret squirel :censored: is screwing us all up!

Archived