TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3.6 KB

softy

how about 100 octane?

Possibly. It depends on the brand and the amount of ethanol in the fuel.

or how about torco with 93?

Yes but please understand, your best bet is one can of Torco to 5 gallons of fuel for maximum detonation protection. You might think you are buying 93 and pay for 93 but is it always 93? Not always.

wait---I was going to run 45 pounds of boost on the awesome CA gas :)

ummmmm :sing_rain: When we're done your car will be able to achieve "Plaid" :slapfight:

What is the limit of oxygenation in unleaded race fuel ? Bad for the motor ?

Oxygenated race gas is o.k. to use but you have to have a tune specific to the fuel. The reason is the Stoichiometric factor of the fuel. VP MS109 for example has a very high oxygen content. You also do not want to mix MS109 with and other fuel. You need the system completely empty.

Also, you do not want to let a fuel like MS109 sit for extended periods of time in the car as the fuel will degrade and it's not good for the engine.

Van

www.revanracing.com

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta agree with Van. On my last 2009 GT500 I was running 18lbs of boost through my Kenne Bell and that was pushing it on 93 oct fuel. I ran a can of octane boost with every tank of fuel just to be safe and had a really conservative tune. All it takes is one bad tank of gas and then your motor is toast!!

Archived