TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Silver 08 KR still in the showroom

ctann

Hi all,

Been a looong time since I've posted on here. Not sure if anyone still remembers me, back in '08 I was tossing up between a KR and a Saleen S302E. The Saleen won the day, so I haven't been around here much (although I still hang out in the '68 KR forum)

I was just at the dealership today (getting the battery replaced - died with just a month left on the warranty, its usually a month *after* the warranty! :-) ) - They still have a silver '08 KR sitting on the show-room floor. Incidentally with a flat battery as well... I didn't get to talking price (no more garage space, otherwise I would), but it is interesting to see brand new '08s still for sale.

If anyone is still looking, this is Capitol Ford in San Jose. They used to have to '08 Saleen PJs kicking around here too, i wonder if those finally sold or if they've been tucked way in back somewhere...

Cheers,

Chris.

Interestingly, if a car has sat that long, and the miles are low (read not driven much), other than a dead battery, what else wrong could be lurking within it?

What about the seals, the oil, the condition of the gas, flat-spotting on the tires, coolant, etc...

If price were not a major factor, would this car still be a good purchase after having sat this long, or has the damage been done?

-Pockdog

Interestingly, if a car has sat that long, and the miles are low (read not driven much), other than a dead battery, what else wrong could be lurking within it?

Its being sold as a new car, so it would come with a full factory warranty...

Chris.

ps - but agreed, that's a long time for a car to sit... I might convince them to let me take it for a test-drive, just to give her a bit of a run! ;^>

Hi all,

Been a looong time since I've posted on here. Not sure if anyone still remembers me, back in '08 I was tossing up between a KR and a Saleen S302E. The Saleen won the day, so I haven't been around here much (although I still hang out in the '68 KR forum)

I was just at the dealership today (getting the battery replaced - died with just a month left on the warranty, its usually a month *after* the warranty! :-) ) - They still have a silver '08 KR sitting on the show-room floor. Incidentally with a flat battery as well... I didn't get to talking price (no more garage space, otherwise I would), but it is interesting to see brand new '08s still for sale.

If anyone is still looking, this is Capitol Ford in San Jose. They used to have to '08 Saleen PJs kicking around here too, i wonder if those finally sold or if they've been tucked way in back somewhere...

Cheers,

Chris.

hi Chris, glad to see you posting. how's S302E? nice ride

hi Chris, glad to see you posting. how's S302E? nice ride

Aside from the dead battery, running great! Such a pleasure to drive... although I don't drive her enough! :-) I had some issues with the original tune, so SMS took her in, treated her well (she even shows up in the background for the press release of the 2011 SMS 302), and fixed the tune issues. I need to take her for another autocross run while the good weather lasts, that was crazy good fun! :-)

Cheers,

Chris.

I gave that car a hard look a year ago at this time when I was looking for an 08, they could've care less and didn't want to come down on price.

If I recall, they had it at $59.9k then....

btw, it had a dead battery then, probably never been touched.... :finger:

Of course, I found a car with a much better story (as posted here back in Nov 2010) and have packed on about 8000 (s)miles since :shift:

Maybe they'll take my 130k mile Mercury Mountaineer straight on trade.....hey its a Merc, no longer made, a true collectible... :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I havent posted much here on the forums but im always reading them... Alot of great info and members here. Yeah, that silver one at Capitol Ford has a large BLUE bow on it and is still a beauty even though it's been sitting in the showroom floor (if I had $ I would get it). I think it was down to about 55k or so and will sell as new with warranty when purchased. When I was eyeing the KR's on the showroom back in 08-09 I was debating between the black/black or silver/blue at the dealership. I think if the silver had a black stripe I would of got it. Sure enough I was able to take away the Black one at a great price in 09. :rolleyes: ... It's about time for my oil change so I'll roll in and eyeball it again B) .

Later y'all,

Mac..

Archived