TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much do you think the 2008 Shelby GT500KR will cost?

How much do you think the 2008 Shelby GT500KR will cost?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the 2008 Shelby GT500KR MSRP will cost?

• $5,000 to $10,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $10,001 to $15,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $15,001 to $20,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $20,001 to $25,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $25,001 to $30,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • More than $30,001 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
  2. 2. How many GT500KR's do you think they should make? (Total for Coupe/Convertibles)

• 500 Cars
    • 501 to 1,000 Cars
    • 1,001 to 1,500 Cars
    • 1,501 to 2,000 Cars
    • 2,001 to 2,500 Cars
    • Make an equal amount GT500's & GT500KR's for 2008 (what ever that number might be)
    • Make as many as they have Orders for
  3. 3. How much do you think the ADM's will be above MSRP?

• $5,000 to $10,000 above MSRP
    • $10,001 to $15,000 above MSRP
    • $15,001 to $20,000 above MSRP
    • $20,001 to $25,000 above MSRP
    • $25,001 to $30,000 above MSRP
    • $30,001 to $50,000 above MSRP
    • Dealers will HOLD them for $50k to $100k Ransom like they did the FORD GT40 so only the Elite can have them

....From the Shelby Autos web site, popped up in the last 15 minutes:

"• Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units"

Maybe it will be handled like a Shelby GT. However, with all that looks like is being done I would say at least $20K for the Shelby package. Then let the ADM game begin. One awesome looking car but I am glad I am already commited to the one Shelby I can afford.

I know they have alluded to just wait a week or so, and the existing GT500 owners will be happy again with what SAI is going to roll out. My guess is an opportunity to ship your car to SAI to be upgraded with the KR package. In my opinion, if your car is not serialized as one of the 1,000 factory/SAI build units, you'll have nothing more than a "clone" when you purchase the upgrade package.

In addition, we're already hearing (and reading) about the 600 hp model. I guess until Ford does a better job of benchmarking and providing a clearer picture of their overall model plan, I'm completely out of the market for any of their SVT products.

HSURB

IMO, Ford is going to hike up the price of the KR by a hefty margin....say $10-15k.....They are only making 1000 units so they want in on the gouging well before the dealer frenzy. The Dealers? I guarantee the dealers that get an allocation (most won't) will be auctioning them to the highest bidder....I see this car pushing 6 figures - easily.

I totally love the car but for that kind of money...NO WAY...It is basically a factory tuned hi-performance Mustang. The big premium that you are paying for is Shelby's name (as with the GT500 also).

I was kind of hoping they would have dropped the GT's aluminum block in there to save weight and get it to an "underated" 550hp....IMO the current 500 needs to go on a diet (3900+lbs) and I was hoping they would have addressed it with the KR. I have an 03 Cobra, I run it on road courses and that it is too dam heavy (3700+ lbs). Fun fun car but a pig

Its sad because Ford really hit a home run with this....why not sell as many as people want. This way it takes the dealer gouging out of the picture....and what does a dealer bring to the table anyway....NOTHING.

I'd consider paying $60k for the car said and done....when you start getting near $100k, I'd opt for a Porsche GT3. ...plus there are many more performance machines available in that price range. Just my 2 cents.

post-8351-1175348134_thumb.jpg

post-8351-1175348134_thumb.jpg

I know they have alluded to just wait a week or so, and the existing GT500 owners will be happy again with what SAI is going to roll out. My guess is an opportunity to ship your car to SAI to be upgraded with the KR package. In my opinion, if your car is not serialized as one of the 1,000 factory/SAI build units, you'll have nothing more than a "clone" when you purchase the upgrade package.

HSURB

Good guess HSURB,

However it is not what will be announced.

Read this post & comment from a ford person on pricing...not good, not good at all

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...rticleId=120209

I doubt many if any of these cars will see "the showroom". Lets see, one for every hollywood superstar car guy, every sports superstar car guy, every rock and roll or rap car guy, every rich as a mo fo car guy and the odd sultan of Burnei...that leaves, um, 3 cars. Those will go to dealship owners or Ford bigshots. :censored:

IF you see a KR for sale I would expect north of Ford GT money. Way North. This is one rare bird.

The hood and lettering are nice, but 40hp is basically tune, exaust and CAI..all stuff that can be done aftermerket and probably better. I still want one though LOL...not gonna happen, but I do want it. :banghead:

KC666

Dave, if you'd look at the time and date of my post, you'd realize I posted it before the info came out on Friday. I'm not a psychic, psycho maybe, but not a psychic.

My apologies FAF...didn't mean to come off that way....and you're correct...I did not notice the time of your post.

Bad Dave :finger:

P.S. I can't blame it on PSDS either...I have my car already. :hysterical:

I'd consider paying $60k for the car said and done....when you start getting near $100k, I'd opt for a Porsche GT3. ...plus there are many more performance machines available in that price range. Just my 2 cents.

That's just it....most dealers are getting around $60k for the GT500...so why would they sell this car for that much? :shrug: I agree that if they push too high, they will get into the territory of Z06, Viper, and some other makes like Porsche...so that may balance it somewhat.

Dave

Read this post & comment from a ford person on pricing...not good, not good at all

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...rticleId=120209

Actually I'm very surprised at how LOW they think the pricing will be. Just remember...there was a time when Ford said in press statements that the GT500 would be under $40,000...and that ended up not being true. But even if it creeps up into the low '50s....that's lower MSRP than I was expecting. I think they are dead wrong on the ADM only being $10k though...dealers are getting more than that for the GT500...and the KR will be more exclusive.

For the sake of all those out there who want one...I hope the prices stay down. Although I won't rule out a KR in my future...I'm about 95% sure I'm keeping what I have.

Dave

That's just it....most dealers are getting around $60k for the GT500...so why would they sell this car for that much? :shrug: I agree that if they push too high, they will get into the territory of Z06, Viper, and some other makes like Porsche...so that may balance it somewhat.

Dave

I see where you are coming from Dave, but I don't think that competition will influence the ultimate take-home price even a little bit. There really won't be ANY competition for the GT500KR. They are only going to build 1,000 of them - it's not a full production run. The market for the GT500KR is simply huge - they could sell many, many thousands of them if they wanted to. If they did a full run, then I do think competition would come into play. :yup:

Those who buy one of these 1,000 cars will pay big bucks, will pay it gladly, and will pay it because it is a 2008 Shelby GT500KR - there will be no substitute. If they want a Z06, Viper, Porsche, etc. they will buy one of those too. :shades:

There will be no shortage of nostalgic, very well-to-do Baby Boomers who will shell out huge coin for this car, so competition just isn't in the equation with the GT500KR, IMHO. :headspin:

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I bought my '07 GT500 and agreed to pay the ADM before Shelby's "involvement" was known to me. I had an '05 Mustang GT at the time, and the GT500 sounded even better. That said, paying the sure to be lofty price for a GT500KR doesn't make much sense to me, but I'm only 36. Carroll Shelby was before my time. :baby:

Paul

Archived