TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much do you think the 2008 Shelby GT500KR will cost?

How much do you think the 2008 Shelby GT500KR will cost?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the 2008 Shelby GT500KR MSRP will cost?

• $5,000 to $10,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $10,001 to $15,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $15,001 to $20,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $20,001 to $25,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • $25,001 to $30,000 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
    • More than $30,001 more than the standard GT500 MSRP price for a Coupe or Convertible
  2. 2. How many GT500KR's do you think they should make? (Total for Coupe/Convertibles)

• 500 Cars
    • 501 to 1,000 Cars
    • 1,001 to 1,500 Cars
    • 1,501 to 2,000 Cars
    • 2,001 to 2,500 Cars
    • Make an equal amount GT500's & GT500KR's for 2008 (what ever that number might be)
    • Make as many as they have Orders for
  3. 3. How much do you think the ADM's will be above MSRP?

• $5,000 to $10,000 above MSRP
    • $10,001 to $15,000 above MSRP
    • $15,001 to $20,000 above MSRP
    • $20,001 to $25,000 above MSRP
    • $25,001 to $30,000 above MSRP
    • $30,001 to $50,000 above MSRP
    • Dealers will HOLD them for $50k to $100k Ransom like they did the FORD GT40 so only the Elite can have them

I don't think the dealers will have much say about it. I think this option will be handled through Shelby Automobiles, not Ford. I assumed it would be like the 40th package where you send your car to Shelby to get it done, therefore no extra ADM for it. If it turns out to be an upfitter option that the dealer puts in and the car goes to Shelby first, then the dealer ADM's will be scary.

If the dealer holds to his word i will have a KR for MSRP.plus dinner, a beer :banana piano: :beerchug:

and whatever else he holds the car ramson for

You better have a rock solid contract.

There will not be enough to go around.

It will be 6 figures. Easy.

A lot depends on what the KR package has - if it's an unlimited "decal" package then it won't command a big price, if any. However, if production is limited and it has another 150-200 hp/tq (egads!), brakes, suspension mods, etc then the price differential will be there.

btw - There will always be someone who is the friend (or big fleet buyer) of a dealer who will get an MSRP bargain.

I don't think the dealers will have much say about it. I think this option will be handled through Shelby Automobiles, not Ford. I assumed it would be like the 40th package where you send your car to Shelby to get it done, therefore no extra ADM for it. If it turns out to be an upfitter option that the dealer puts in and the car goes to Shelby first, then the dealer ADM's will be scary.

Be afraid; be very afraid.....

....From the Shelby Autos web site, popped up in the last 15 minutes:

"• Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units"

Maybe it will be handled like a Shelby GT. However, with all that looks like is being done I would say at least $20K for the Shelby package. Then let the ADM game begin. One awesome looking car but I am glad I am already commited to the one Shelby I can afford.

Dealers won't need to put an ADM on it - the customers will do that for them.

Customer: I'll pay $20k over

Dealer: OK, I'll put you on our list.

Customer: how far down am I?

Dealer: you're #8, although we'll only be receiving one car - you know there will only be 1000 produced.

Customer: what does it cost to put me first on the list?

....you get the idea?

The question you have to ask is, are there at least 1000 people that can and are willing to pay whatever it takes to get one.

I think every one of these will sell for over $100k

Dealers won't need to put an ADM on it - the customers will do that for them.

Customer: I'll pay $20k over

Dealer: OK, I'll put you on our list.

Customer: how far down am I?

Dealer: you're #8, although we'll only be receiving one car - you know there will only be 1000 produced.

Customer: what does it cost to put me first on the list?

....you get the idea?

The question you have to ask is, are there at least 1000 people that can and are willing to pay whatever it takes to get one.

Dam and I just cashed in my coin jar yesterday.................. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

A lot depends on what the KR package has - if it's an unlimited "decal" package then it won't command a big price, if any. However, if production is limited and it has another 150-200 hp/tq (egads!), brakes, suspension mods, etc then the price differential will be there.

btw - There will always be someone who is the friend (or big fleet buyer) of a dealer who will get an MSRP bargain.

Not sure what you mean...the "package" content has been released already. Have you not read it?

I hesitate to include the word "every", but sadly I think that >95% of these will indeed sell for very high numbers as you suggest. Only time will tell.

One thing for sure...no way I could afford one....nor do I need/want one....I'm happy with what I have....although I do like what I've seen so far.

I just hope they don't release it with the same UCA and LCAs we got. :finger:

Dave

Not sure what you mean...the "package" content has been released already. Have you not read it?

Dave, if you'd look at the time and date of my post, you'd realize I posted it before the info came out on Friday. I'm not a psychic, psycho maybe, but not a psychic.

Archived