TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrading your Shelby Cobra

jbfaulconer

I am a new Shelby owner and don't know much about cars, but I do know a couple of things.....I love the sound of my new car and I really love the HP and torque of my new Shelby.

I was wondering what would be the next upgrade that you all would make to add a bit more punch to your Shelby. Would be it be adding headers or something else. I was thinking in the

20-30 additional HP range.

Thanks for your help,

JB

I am a new Shelby owner and don't know much about cars, but I do know a couple of things.....I love the sound of my new car and I really love the HP and torque of my new Shelby.

I was wondering what would be the next upgrade that you all would make to add a bit more punch to your Shelby. Would be it be adding headers or something else. I was thinking in the

Thanks for your help,

JB

I, too, am a new Shelby owner. I know a thing or two about cars and I, too, enjoy my Shelby.

I was thinking about posting a post saying almost the same thing. I'm looking to get about another 100HP. I think replacing the cold air intake might do it.

I'll monitor this thread and see what responses you get.

2 weeks ago, I got it dyno tuned, 08 GT500 10/7/011

Mods: 2.59 VMP pulley kit, (w/90mm Idler)

Steeda CAI

FR 63.5mm TB

SVT1's

SCT X3

Results: 534 rwhp 513tq 14# boost

The #'s may not be that high, it runs out Strong & Sweet.. WOW!! really suprised me how strong it pulls now.Very pleased w/performance from bolt ons.

I hope that these #'s may help the thread

Big Mac

Thanks for your help,

JB

I put a 2.6 " blower pulley, belt tensioner pulley, sct tuner and dyno and now have 550 rear wheel horsepower with I think 540 foot pounds of torque. This was approx 9000 miles ago and it runs perfect. No issues at all. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I already have a change to my car. The first Shelby I bought was a Racing Red color. It had a very obvious paint defect. The dealership got me a new Black Cobra with the SVT package. It had the delete stripe feature. So it was a solid black. The dealership asked what they could do for me and I said you can put the regular cobra stripes on it in Silver. There was some hemming and hawing about this option that is not available for Shelby's with the SVT package. If they ordered the stripes based on my VIN they wouldn't have sent them. I don't know how they got them in, but I now have the 2012 Shelby GT500 with the SVT package with the Cobra Striping. Not sure if this makes it a bit more unique than others, but I sure do like the striping.

post-34067-0-68350600-1319811777_thumb.jpg

post-34067-0-68350600-1319811777_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this makes it a bit more unique than others, but I sure do like the striping.

It makes it considerably more unique.

I think yours is the first SVTPP GT5 I've seen with the "base" stripes on it.

I've seen lots of folks go the other way, put SVTPP stripes on their "base" GT5's but not the opposite.

Looks great,

Phill

It makes it considerably more unique.

I think yours is the first SVTPP GT5 I've seen with the "base" stripes on it.

I've seen lots of folks go the other way, put SVTPP stripes on their "base" GT5's but not the opposite.

Looks great,

Phill

Thanks a lot. I am certainly enjoying driving my new Shelby. But with winter coming I am already dreading the 4 months that it will have to be in the garage. Gotta drive that old pickup truck. But I don't think those stock tires will do much good on the snowy roadways. I am already thinking about what tires I will put on it when they need replacing. I think I will certainly get some tires that will last longer than a year and not cost as much.

jbfaulconer - That's a beauty of a car, great color combo & yes very unique. Looks like the dealership came through on making things right.

Congrats & enjoy before the bad weather sets in.

BTW - Welcome to the TS forum!

Cheers,

Moncho

Archived