TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake ‘Need for Speed’ Edition

Exactly Robert. Wow, we have the same interest in muscle and odd and unusual. I just do not quite have the means that you do as of yet for the quality of the toys. My GT-H I will have forever. I love every item you have had or have. I definitely want to have each of the R models someday in my collection. Love the Challenger, had a 99 SHO. I even like the Pinto Wagon. If I had the means, when the EA SS came up for auction, I would love to have it. 1 of 1 documented Super Snake with the history that this car will have. Game cover car, press.... an awsome machine to own one day. My daily driver right now is a 1 of 1 1994 Lincoln Short Wheel Base Mark VIII with the 32v 4 cam 4.6 that gets me 28 mpg and has 120K miles on it. Cars like this SS are the ones that unusual people like us look for and love to know the history on.

I can't believe that...............a 99 SHO?!?,..................a Pinto wagon?!?!? Now that is odd!!

That Pinto wagon was an odd find. I work for a major telephone company here in central Fla. We had a telephone key system at a local junk yard. I had a trouble ticket at that junk yard and when I parked my truck and walked up to the front door of this business I noticed what appeared to be an original white paint, big bumper (74-up) Pinto wagon parked off to the side near the main entrance. I walked over to the car for a glance. I looked at the interior and it was original and semi ratty, but what amazed me most was that there was no rust anywhere, not in the 1/4's, not in the fenders, doors, floors........no rust. I went inside to do my work and mentioned the Pinto and the guy behind the counter said that he owned it and it was his transportation. They had taken the car in for junk and all it needed a starter solenoid, that was it, so he fixed it and was driving it. It had factory A/C, P/S and auto trans. It even had its hub caps in place with 13" pizza cutter tires. I asked the guy if it was for sale? he said, it could be, I asked how much, he said how about $375?, I said how about $300?, he said o.k. I put about $180 in it over 1-1/2 years, belts hoses, air filter, oil change etc. When I was offered a company vehicle to drive home I put the Pinto on Pintos.com and within 2 days it was sold. The guy flew down to Fla. and drove it back to Miss. It was amazing!!

Sorry for the Pinto story guys.......................That car was a Great investment!!

The 1993 Cobra R was a pretty good investment also...................bought in 2003 with 178 original miles on it for $40K, sold in 2008 with 458 original miles for $70K.

R

That is exactly my point...........................If a gamer now see's this 1 of 1 EA Super Snake and likes it, but can not afford it, at some point in the future it will be for sale and at that point there may be "many" gamers ready to buy. At that point, this car will be discussed in detail by many guys who aren't Super Snake guys, but want "that" EA Super Snake. If you know the real deal through research, you can quickly spot a fake snake. On the other hand, if you don't know what to look for, you can get your $$$ taken quickly and be left with a Joe Lunchbox Super Snake at a "real" Super Snake price. Documentation is the most important part of these cars, it doesn't matter how many "like parts" you bolt on, if you don't have the paperwork to back up the "real Super Snake" claim, the $$$ and buyers fall off quickly.

Some swap cars frequently, some not so frequent. In late 1998-2003 I owned 3 1971 429 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet Mach 1's. In late 2002 I started to migrate to the SVT world and by 2004 I owned one each of the Cobra R's (1993, 1995 and 2000) along with two of the 499 1995 SVT Cobra converts. with factory removable hardtop. Then the Super Snake was announced and 725 horsepower sounded interesting so I sold the 93R and one of the convert./hardtops and paid cash for the "then new" 2008 GT500 ($46K or so plus tax) and a $32K 725 Super Snake conversion. The market was getting soft on the R - Models so I sold them while I could still realize a decent profit and then also sold my last convert./hardtop. I paid off some bills, bought and sold a fully optioned 2009 SRT-8 Track Pack Challenger and now I am happy with just the Super Snake and adding correct SSP options to it. Before 1998 I could go back 25-30+ years worth of collector/specialty cars that I have owned, a makes. I like performance cars! All of them.

So in the last 12-13 years I have bought and sold 9 collector/specialty cars. This does not include a 1999 SHO V8 that I bought in 2001 and still own, or a 1976 Pinto station wagon that I bought for $300 and drove to work for 1.5 years and sold for $1800.

R

I'm not getting it.What matters for you - hp under the hood or the documentation which proves it a true SS.I've seen somewhere that guys own GT500s with 1000hp (turbos).Maybe in the GT500 forum.And I have no problem,if I someday get my hands on one of those.I would sacrifice the real SS for it,because as you said:

A fake SS can be built with Super Snake emblems and stripes from eBay.And I'm not afraid to say that if need arises,I'll do it.Because as you can read from my sig,I prefer the power more,than the documents.The condition is-it should be a mustang.

I'm not getting it.What matters for you - hp under the hood or the documentation which proves it a true SS.I've seen somewhere that guys own GT500s with 1000hp (turbos).Maybe in the GT500 forum.And I have no problem,if I someday get my hands on one of those.I would sacrifice the real SS for it,because as you said:

A fake SS can be built GT500 with Super Snake emblems and stripes from eBay.And I'm not afraid to say that if need arises,I'll do it.Because as you can read from my sig,I prefer the power more,than the documents.The condition is-it should be a mustang.

I like to have it all, hp under the hood and documents showing that a reputable builder such as Shelby has been the one to put the horsepower there. All of this combined together has proven for many many years (decades is more acurate) that when the time is right, my car "could" also be an investment (as car investments go). <<An investment I have "enjoyed/used" during ownership.

Right now, I see a recent Super Snake auction on BJ, the one we all discussed lot number 665.1, the 2007 725 Coupe that sold for $70K. Since this car is "late model" and Super Snakes are still being built of this model year, the price will continue to be lower, BUT, compare what a 2007 GT500 with all of the "owner add-ons" (I call them Joe Lunchbox cars), would sell for at that same 725 level, or even greater. You would be extremely lucky to get $45K-$50K out of the Joe Lunchbox car, why is that? Shelby is a name of value for car building, and Joe Lunchbox is a "no name". Because of this authorized/official Shelby cars are of value and the mods added during Joe Lunchbox builds are worth pennies on the dollar.

Take that $70K that we know to be a "real" sold auction price from that recent BJ auction. How do you want to divide that $70K? You really can't since the car now has a Super Snake identity, but if you could............ The owner fully recouped the cost of his $32K-$35K Shelby Super Snake conversion for no loss at all on the cost of these now "used" parts and the SA labor? and show the GT500 itself as the realistic price in the current market? $35K-$38K? for a total of this $70K selling price?

OR

Do we say that the GT500 itself has not lost any value and it is at $45K + or - and the value of the used SA installed documented Super Snake parts and labor have fallen to $25K or so? The first option above seems to be more realistic beacuse we also know that 2007 GT500s with no miles on MSO aren't even selling at MSRP. The value of who installed the parts AND the documentation to verify the car to be authentic is where the value is.

I personally am not interested in buying someone elses well-worn Joe Lunchbox GT500, and the $$$ that I do spend on toys I would like to have hold some sort of value instead of just pissing $$$ away. This is why I mentioned in the past........If someone wants a Super Snake (a real one), but can't quite pull the funds together to buy new, grab one from the previous body style and enjoy it until personal income gets to the point where you can get exactly what you want. By doing this, you can enjoy a "real" Super Snake, learn the car, and in the end not take such a large $$$ beating when it comes sale time, and depending upon what you paid for it "used" and when you sell, you could even enjoy a small profit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^All of this being said, the Super Snake is not just a car with a lot of horsepower under the hood as is the case with many Joe Lunchbox cars. The SA built Super Snake has been designed around a package that has the big power, but also has brakes and handling upgrades to offer a more balanced package. Sometimes (I should say many times), these last two things, better handling and braking, are overlooked and forgotten in the pursuit of more power under the hood.

R

I like to have it all, hp under the hood and documents showing that a reputable builder such as Shelby has been the one to put the horsepower there. All of this combined together has proven for many many years (decades is more acurate) that when the time is right, my car "could" also be an investment (as car investments go). <<An investment I have "enjoyed/used" during ownership.

Right now, I see a recent Super Snake auction on BJ, the one we all discussed lot number 665.1, the 2007 725 Coupe that sold for $70K. Since this car is "late model" and Super Snakes are still being built of this model year, the price will continue to be lower, BUT, compare what a 2007 GT500 with all of the "owner add-ons" (I call them Joe Lunchbox cars), would sell for at that same 725 level, or even greater. You would be extremely lucky to get $45K-$50K out of the Joe Lunchbox car, why is that? Shelby is a name of value for car building, and Joe Lunchbox is a "no name". Because of this authorized/official Shelby cars are of value and the mods added during Joe Lunchbox builds are worth pennies on the dollar.

Take that $70K that we know to be a "real" sold auction price from that recent BJ auction. How do you want to divide that $70K? You really can't since the car now has a Super Snake identity, but if you could............ The owner fully recouped the cost of his $32K-$35K Shelby Super Snake conversion for no loss at all on the cost of these now "used" parts and the SA labor? and show the GT500 itself as the realistic price in the current market? $35K-$38K? for a total of this $70K selling price?

OR

Do we say that the GT500 itself has not lost any value and it is at $45K + or - and the value of the used SA installed documented Super Snake parts and labor have fallen to $25K or so? The first option above seems to be more realistic beacuse we also know that 2007 GT500s with no miles on MSO aren't even selling at MSRP. The value of who installed the parts AND the documentation to verify the car to be authentic is where the value is.

I personally am not interested in buying someone elses well-worn Joe Lunchbox GT500, and the $$$ that I do spend on toys I would like to have hold some sort of value instead of just pissing $$$ away. This is why I mentioned in the past........If someone wants a Super Snake (a real one), but can't quite pull the funds together to buy new, grab one from the previous body style and enjoy it until personal income gets to the point where you can get exactly what you want. By doing this, you can enjoy a "real" Super Snake, learn the car, and in the end not take such a large $$$ beating when it comes sale time, and depending upon what you paid for it "used" and when you sell, you could even enjoy a small profit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^All of this being said, the Super Snake is not just a car with a lot of horsepower under the hood as is the case with many Joe Lunchbox cars. The SA built Super Snake has been designed around a package that has the big power, but also has brakes and handling upgrades to offer a more balanced package. Sometimes (I should say many times), these last two things, better handling and braking, are overlooked and forgotten in the pursuit of more power under the hood.

R

I understand,Robert.But,ironically not much people keep an in-depth knowledge about Shelbys,like us diehard-fanboys.Being a gamer,I know fellow gamers and believe me they're just like that.When they'll see this huge media coverage and promotions of NFS,itself,so much more will be going on in their mind that they will be forced to like this car (despite of its fake identity),in comparison to the real snakes.This is what we call "targeting the mind of audience and make them think what YOU like them to think...".THIS IS the power of media.And I'm saying this because,I'm myself from this industry.I'm basically a student of animation and VFX-related studies.

Anyways,back to the point.This car is obviously really worth $32-$35,but there's a reason why it is being sold for $70 and peeps don't regret it.I've told you that reason already-Publicity.People will start liking your product automatically if you spend a lot on its publicity,i.e. in this case,the whole huge-budgeted game and the press-coverage is playing this role.Another example-GT500KR was just another Shelby named 'King of the Roads' until KITT production team stepped in and made it a huge success.The car itself,was later known as the 'KnightRider' and attracted many people's attention and likes.

So,the conclusion is that that "Joe-Luncbox" is not actually worth buying,because we fanboys know its truth,but the rest of the world is filled with f**king foolish rich kids who call themselves auto-enthusiasts but don't know whats the difference between a V8 and V12.For them,its just a f**king alphabet and one/two number(s) associated with it which just eats up the surface area of their rides,so they are unable get more space for pasting their childish tattoos and decals.

I understand,Robert.But,ironically not much people keep an in-depth knowledge about Shelbys,like us diehard-fanboys.Being a gamer,I know fellow gamers and believe me they're just like that.When they'll see this huge media coverage and promotions of NFS,itself,so much more will be going on in their mind that they will be forced to like this car (despite of its fake identity),in comparison to the real snakes.This is what we call "targeting the mind of audience and make them think what YOU like them to think...".THIS IS the power of media.And I'm saying this because,I'm myself from this industry.I'm basically a student of animation and VFX-related studies.

Anyways,back to the point.This car is obviously really worth $32-$35,but there's a reason why it is being sold for $70 and peeps don't regret it.I've told you that reason already-Publicity.People will start liking your product automatically if you spend a lot on its publicity,i.e. in this case,the whole huge-budgeted game and the press-coverage is playing this role.Another example-GT500KR was just another Shelby named 'King of the Roads' until KITT production team stepped in and made it a huge success.The car itself,was later known as the 'KnightRider' and attracted many people's attention and likes.

So,the conclusion is that that "Joe-Luncbox" is not actually worth buying,because we fanboys know its truth,but the rest of the world is filled with f**king foolish rich kids who call themselves auto-enthusiasts but don't know whats the difference between a V8 and V12.For them,its just a f**king alphabet and one/two number(s) associated with it which just eats up the surface area of their rides,so they are unable get more space for pasting their childish tattoos and decals.

No the truth is....................it's either "real" or it's not. It is of Greater value, or lesser value. That's it. The power and performance could be identical.

As for the KR "King of the Road", it made it's mark on history 40 years prior (1968) and 40 years later, the guys who grew up with the original GT500KR were in the financial position to buy a new/modern GT500KR. Knight Rider might have been an way to help bring the KR to the public attention, but the actual buyers were guys from an age long before there were computers or cars that talked.

R

No the truth is....................it's either "real" or it's not. It is of Greater value, or lesser value. That's it. The power and performance could be identical.

As for the KR "King of the Road", it made it's mark on history 40 years prior (1968) and 40 years later, the guys who grew up with the original GT500KR were in the financial position to buy a new/modern GT500KR. Knight Rider might have been an way to help bring the KR to the public attention, but the actual buyers were guys from an age long before there were computers or cars that talked.

R

Then I'll have to say that you are actually talking about its resale value.Not the joy of taming a seven or eight hundred horses.Because both feelings are different.And the one you have currently,is because you guys DO swipe cars.And thats why the resale value,condition of the car and all that stuff matters more for you.You might tell others that see,today a kid is givin me a lecture about owning a car I own,but he hasn't seen it even once in his life.But,I say its about the feelings towards the car.I know what I'm talkin about and I mean it.These feelings apply to every auto-enthusiast who is really,actually one,regardless of what his/her likes are.The difference lies in our point-of-views.Thats why we are here discussing.

i rather have documentation, it proves to the haters and doubts.............also what would I do with a regular gt500 that has 800HP-1000HP+ when I only drive it on the street. I dont go to the track or drag strip now,

I am a guy who likes to cruise and whistle at pretty ladies :hysterical:

i rather have documentation, it proves to the haters and doubts.............also what would I do with a regular gt500 that has 800HP-1000HP+ when I only drive it on the street. I dont go to the track or drag strip now,

I am a guy who likes to cruise and whistle at pretty ladies :hysterical:

I thought you were married,like everyone else... :finger:

Then I'll have to say that you are actually talking about its resale value.Not the joy of taming a seven or eight hundred horses.Because both feelings are different.And the one you have currently,is because you guys DO swipe cars.And thats why the resale value,condition of the car and all that stuff matters more for you.You might tell others that see,today a kid is givin me a lecture about owning a car I own,but he hasn't seen it even once in his life.But,I say its about the feelings towards the car.I know what I'm talkin about and I mean it.These feelings apply to every auto-enthusiast who is really,actually one,regardless of what his/her likes are.The difference lies in our point-of-views.Thats why we are here discussing.

I agree with you, during ownership, a real Super Snake (because it's real) is not going to give you a better/bigger tickle than a non-Super Snake with the exact same parts bolted in place and equal performance specs.

Yes, I do keep the future in mind. At some point I will sell this car, hopefully later than sooner, but I have owned soooo many cars in that last 35 or so years that having them, enjoying them, and in the end not getting beat up at sale time has become a complete picture that I look at when I buy a car. Even when I was in my 20's I owned specialty/collector cars, the difference was that back then I had more time to drive and enjoy them, now I do not. As I have moved forward from that time period I have realized that specialty cars can be bought, enjoyed, and sold with a profit, sometimes a great profit, sometimes a little profit. My goal is to buy, enjoy and at least stay on the "plus side" of the profit.

If I go back to the beginning of what I told you above..........1998. My current 725 Super Snake started with a $14,500 purchase of a 1971 429 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1. I spent another $4000-$4500 on it to make it "correct" that way the bigger $$$ buyers would like it, and sold it in 2004 for $45K. Then the one Cobra R I told you about, purchased in 2004 for $40K, sold in 2008 for $70K. In reality, if I were to realistically total my $$$ paid out vs. $$$ gained at sale time from these two cars, and others, my 725 Super Snake has cost me nothing in real $$$. All for an original cost of a Ford Focus.

The key is, knowing what to buy, and knowing when to sell and in the meantime enjoying the car as often as you can............

R

I agree with you, during ownership, a real Super Snake (because it's real) is not going to give you a better/bigger tickle than a non-Super Snake with the exact same parts bolted in place and equal performance specs.

Yes, I do keep the future in mind. At some point I will sell this car, hopefully later than sooner, but I have owned soooo many cars in that last 35 or so years that having them, enjoying them, and in the end not getting beat up at sale time has become a complete picture that I look at when I buy a car. Even when I was in my 20's I owned specialty/collector cars, the difference was that back then I had more time to drive and enjoy them, now I do not. As I have moved forward from that time period I have realized that specialty cars can be bought, enjoyed, and sold with a profit, sometimes a great profit, sometimes a little profit. My goal is to buy, enjoy and at least stay on the "plus side" of the profit.

If I go back to the beginning of what I told you above..........1998. My current 725 Super Snake started with a $14,500 purchase of a 1971 429 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1. I spent another $4000-$4500 on it to make it "correct" that way the bigger $$$ buyers would like it, and sold it in 2004 for $45K. Then the one Cobra R I told you about, purchased in 2004 for $40K, sold in 2008 for $70K. In reality, if I were to realistically total my $$$ paid out vs. $$$ gained at sale time from these two cars, and others, my 725 Super Snake has cost me nothing in real $$$.

The key is, knowing what to buy, and knowing when to sell and in the meantime enjoying the car as often as you can............

R

Totally agreed.Esp. the last sentence.Joy...is what we're all looking for.We find joys in cars.Thats what makes us auto-enthusiasts B)

Totally agreed.Esp. the last sentence.Joy...is what we're all looking for.We find joys in cars.Thats what makes us auto-enthusiasts B)

The thing I enjoy most about my Super Snake is the pull through 2nd and then 3rd gear and then ease into 4th. I don't care about 130 or 150mph, I like the sensation of "pin you back in the seat" (hard). Then I sit back with a smile on my face and enjoy the a/c blowing.....

R

Na, girls are tooo expensive these days :hysterical:

I can't imagine you'll be having any problems.Esp.,when you own a 'stang.Yea,it can be a complicated situation if you shy away from hotties (I mean girls,here).

;) Just kidding.

Go join some muscle-car clubs where girls like to hang around.PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can't imagine you'll be having any problems.Esp.,when you own a 'stang.Yea,it can be a complicated situation if you shy away from hotties (I mean girls,here).

;) Just kidding.

Go join some muscle-car clubs where girls like to hang around.PROBLEM SOLVED!

SS_Cartoon-1.jpg

R

Archived