TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake ‘Need for Speed’ Edition

That was the Need For Speed Terlingua Shelby. That now lives here in Colorado. That was an awsome car. It was at the 2008 Terlingua Event in Terlingua, TX. I have a bunch of pictures of that.

Yep, BJ Vegas in October. The Need For Speed Terlingua and a Hertz car crossed the block next to each other. I do have pictures but I guess I never posted them. That was the auction where the Bugatti Veyron bidder got cold feet. I have pictures of the Veyron. Kind of cool looking but it just didn't do anything for me.

And this is not the first time nor will it be the last time a topic is started twice..... Simply don't have time to read every thread.

Has this GT500 been through the Mod Shop or other authorized facility and is a documented Super Snake, I see some Super Snake items, but some items missing or different. I see no rear 1/4 window treatment which would be logical for better vision, however, I also don't see any front brake duct bezels in the lower grill which I would think would be wanted for competition. :headscratch:

Is this a Shelby built car?

R

Has this GT500 been through the Mod Shop or other authorized facility and is a documented Super Snake, I see some Super Snake items, but some items missing or different. I see no rear 1/4 window treatment which would be logical for better vision, however, I also don't see any front brake duct bezels in the lower grill which I would think would be wanted for competition. :headscratch:

R

Yes it was just built by SAI at the Las Vegas facility.

Steve

R

Seeing as Jenni Shreeves is involved with this and there are pictures of John Luft being there, and Shelby was involved with NFS in the past, I certainly would think that this car was built by Shelby just for NFS.

Dang it! That darn Steve posted at the same time with confirmation!! :hysterical:

Seeing as Jenni Shreeves is involved with this and there are pictures of John Luft being there, and Shelby was involved with NFS in the past, I certainly would think that this car was built by Shelby just for NFS.

Dang it! That darn Steve posted at the same time with confirmation!! :hysterical:

Yeah but your post is more precise. This SS has more to do with E/A, Carroll Shelby Licensing and The Shelby Foundation than it does with Shelby American as we were "just the builder" of the car.

I'll try to locate the press release from either E/A or Shelby Licensing.

Steve

However, that does beg the question. Is this car a full SS Build or just a show car for EA? Documentation, Documentation, Documentation... on what the car really is for future owners and just the plain nosey like me.... I love the history of these things. Who own's it? Will it be sold at BJ like the other one was for the Foundation? I'm sure all here would love to get the full details.

Yeah but your post is more precise. This SS has more to do with E/A, Carroll Shelby Licensing and The Shelby Foundation than it does with Shelby American as we were "just the builder" of the car.

I'll try to locate the press release from either E/A or Shelby Licensing.

Steve

Is this car a 1 of 1? or does it fall in the Super Snake numbering for it's specific year?

What power level was it built to?

Thanks, R

Is this car a 1 of 1? or does it fall in the Super Snake numbering for it's specific year?

Thanks, R

Jenni has the press release posted over on Shelby Nation and it should answer a lot of your questions. Regarding who owns the car, all I'm willing to devulge is that this is a deal between E/A, Carroll Shelby Licensing and the Shelby Foundation and that they should be the ones to put that out there. That's if they want it out there.

http://www.shelbynation.com/

Steve

Jenni has the press release posted over on Shelby Nation and it should answer a lot of your questions. Regarding who owns the car, all I'm willing to devulge is that this is a deal between E/A, Carroll Shelby Licensing and the Shelby Foundation and that they should be the ones to put that out there. That's if they want it out there.

http://www.shelbynation.com/

Steve

That's Cool Steve!

Thanks for the link.

R

Thanks, R

Tell me one thing,R,why're you so excited 'bout it? We aren't going to get it anyway.And I just took it for granted.Its NFS' own promotion ride.Nothing serious,right?

Tell me one thing,R,why're you so excited 'bout it? We aren't going to get it anyway.And I just took it for granted.Its NFS' own promotion ride.Nothing serious,right?

whats wrong learning about the details of the car?

here's an excerpt from the link that was posted

The “Need for Speed” experience came to life on Sept. 27, when media from around the world experienced the car first hand. They drove it, along with other Shelby vehicles at an event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Shelby American facilities during EA’s gaming showcase in Las Vegas. Following its debut, the Super Snake will travel around the globe, making appearances at major automotive and gaming events.

“EA is a trendsetter in the interactive entertainment industry, always pushing gamers to the limit,” added John Luft, president of Shelby American. “The Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a great fit for their high-performance ‘Need for Speed’ franchise. Built by the Shelby American team and customized by the Shelby American Motorsports division in Las Vegas, this Super Snake matches the one envisioned by EA for the cover of their latest game, moving a car designed for the virtual world onto the streets. From the bodywork to the interior, this Shelby is the only one of its kind.”

The Wimbledon White with custom grey stripes Super Snake comes with a Ford Racing handling pack, including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace. The Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger kit produces a monstrous 750 horsepower with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges. A unique fiberglass hood features the classic Shelby design and pins. The “Shelby” lettering is distinct across the rear deck lid, and official “Super Snake” vehicle badges and a customized two tone Black interior comes equipped in the ride.

whats wrong learning about the details of the car?

here's an excerpt from the link that was posted

The “Need for Speed” experience came to life on Sept. 27, when media from around the world experienced the car first hand. They drove it, along with other Shelby vehicles at an event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Shelby American facilities during EA’s gaming showcase in Las Vegas. Following its debut, the Super Snake will travel around the globe, making appearances at major automotive and gaming events.

“EA is a trendsetter in the interactive entertainment industry, always pushing gamers to the limit,” added John Luft, president of Shelby American. “The Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a great fit for their high-performance ‘Need for Speed’ franchise. Built by the Shelby American team and customized by the Shelby American Motorsports division in Las Vegas, this Super Snake matches the one envisioned by EA for the cover of their latest game, moving a car designed for the virtual world onto the streets. From the bodywork to the interior, this Shelby is the only one of its kind.”

The Wimbledon White with custom grey stripes Super Snake comes with a Ford Racing handling pack, including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace. The Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger kit produces a monstrous 750 horsepower with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges. A unique fiberglass hood features the classic Shelby design and pins. The “Shelby” lettering is distinct across the rear deck lid, and official “Super Snake” vehicle badges and a customized two tone Black interior comes equipped in the ride.

I aint sayin anything about learning,I'm just trying to extinguish his curiosity by tellin the fact that we aren't gonna get our hands on that chic.Well,being a hardcore gamer I'm seeing this car regularly at my desktop since the day the first trailer of NFS:The Run was released so maybe thats why I'm not as excited as everybody else. (Now I'm starting to think of posting some pics of SS in-game when I'll get a copy).

But I wasn't aware of the fact that it was 725 hp!!?? :hysterical2: I thought NFS team were rich enough to get a full-fledged 800hp package :hysterical3:

Because at some point, this car will come up for sale and/or be discussed again, and it would be nice for "some" of the Super Snake guys (the ones who follow this forum), to know what it is. It would be very easy to say that this car is "not a real Super Snake", or that it is a "Joe Lunchbox home built GT500 with Super Snake emblems and stripes from eBay". It is nice to be knowledgable on these unique cars from the beginning and know about a 1 of 1 so that correct information can be stated in future discussions.

^^^^This is the "serious" part about this car, being knowledgable and schooling the unknowing in the future.............................that is, if I can recall what I have previously learned when that time comes.......:headscratch:

R

It would be very easy to say that this car is "not a real Super Snake", or that it is a "Joe Lunchbox home built GT500 with Super Snake emblems and stripes from eBay"

:hysterical2:

But this can be a tut for all of us how we can fake a GT500 to be a SS which looks actually *better* and *more aggressive* than the stock one.

So,should I conclude that you won't be interested, when I'll post some pics from in-game,someday...?

we aren't gonna get our hands on that chic.

Are you expecting this car to be sold for $300,000+? The NFS Terlingua sold for $55,000 at Barrett-Jackson, the SS could be sold at $75,000, which could be affordable to many people that can afford a SS car. It all depends on how much interest the car draws at auction.

The amount of money that people will pay for a car are down especially at Barrett-Jackson. For instance a year or two ago, a car went across at B-J which sold for $150,000 and that same car went across at B-J Vegas this year, and it was sold for $35,000 - granted it was a Charity car, but still a "lost" of $115,000............which is alot

Are you expecting this car to be sold for $300,000+? The NFS Terlingua sold for $55,000 at Barrett-Jackson, the SS could be sold at $75,000, which could be affordable to many people that can afford a SS car. It all depends on how much interest the car draws at auction.

Meh...you guys are are settled and earning,thats why.On the other hand,I'm still a college fresher.Also,I don't have any idea how frequently you guys swap cars in the US.So its easier for you to say you'll afford it.

Meh...you guys are are settled and earning,thats why.On the other hand,I'm still a college fresher.Also,I don't have any idea how frequently you guys swap cars in the US.So its easier for you to say you'll afford it.

That is exactly my point...........................If a gamer now see's this 1 of 1 EA Super Snake and likes it, but can not afford it, at some point in the future it will be for sale and at that point there may be "many" gamers ready to buy. At that point, this car will be discussed in detail by many guys who aren't Super Snake guys, but want "that" EA Super Snake. If you know the real deal through research, you can quickly spot a fake snake. On the other hand, if you don't know what to look for, you can get your $$$ taken quickly and be left with a Joe Lunchbox Super Snake at a "real" Super Snake price. Documentation is the most important part of these cars, it doesn't matter how many "like parts" you bolt on, if you don't have the paperwork to back up the "real Super Snake" claim, the $$$ and buyers fall off quickly.

Some swap cars frequently, some not so frequent. In late 1998-2003 I owned 3 1971 429 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet Mach 1's. In late 2002 I started to migrate to the SVT world and by 2004 I owned one each of the Cobra R's (1993, 1995 and 2000) along with two of the 499 1995 SVT Cobra converts. with factory removable hardtop. Then the Super Snake was announced and 725 horsepower sounded interesting so I sold the 93R and one of the convert./hardtops and paid cash for the "then new" 2008 GT500 ($46K or so plus tax) and a $32K 725 Super Snake conversion. The market was getting soft on the R - Models so I sold them while I could still realize a decent profit and then also sold my last convert./hardtop. I paid off some bills, bought and sold a fully optioned 2009 SRT-8 Track Pack Challenger and now I am happy with just the Super Snake and adding correct SSP options to it. Before 1998 I could go back 25-30+ years worth of collector/specialty cars that I have owned, a makes. I like performance cars! All of them.

So in the last 12-13 years I have bought and sold 9 collector/specialty cars. This does not include a 1999 SHO V8 that I bought in 2001 and still own, or a 1976 Pinto station wagon that I bought for $300 and drove to work for 1.5 years and sold for $1800.

R

Exactly Robert. Wow, we have the same interest in muscle and odd and unusual. I just do not quite have the means that you do as of yet for the quality of the toys. My GT-H I will have forever. I love every item you have had or have. I definitely want to have each of the R models someday in my collection. Love the Challenger, had a 99 SHO. I even like the Pinto Wagon. If I had the means, when the EA SS came up for auction, I would love to have it. 1 of 1 documented Super Snake with the history that this car will have. Game cover car, press.... an awsome machine to own one day. My daily driver right now is a 1 of 1 1994 Lincoln Short Wheel Base Mark VIII with the 32v 4 cam 4.6 that gets me 28 mpg and has 120K miles on it. Cars like this SS are the ones that unusual people like us look for and love to know the history on.

Archived