TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SuperSnake going on the block at Barrett-Jackson

Here is a link to a discussion of the most recent Super Snake auction at BJ....................2007 model, approx. 900 original miles, 725 horse, $70K selling price.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70338-barrett-jackson/

^^^^^^^^^This car sold a couple of weeks ago, Sept. 24th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first major question about this upcoming auction...........................Is this Black Super Snake a 725? The next question..........how many miles?

R

Here is a link to a discussion of the most recent Super Snake auction at BJ....................2007 model, approx. 900 original miles, 725 horse, $70K selling price.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70338-barrett-jackson/

^^^^^^^^^This car sold a couple of weeks ago, Sept. 24th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first major question about this upcoming auction...........................Is this Black Super Snake a 725? The next question..........how many miles?

R

Is there a CSM or VIN number listed? Sorry but I don't do the FaceBook thing.

With a VIN number, CSM number or original owners last name I can look the build up for all the details.

Steve

Is there a CSM or VIN number listed? Sorry but I don't do the FaceBook thing.

With a VIN number, CSM number or original owners last name I can look the build up for all the details.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I went to the BJ site and the specific auction and found this Super Snake, but no links to a detail list.

R

CSM # 08SS0057

725hp Polished S/C

Orange brake calipers

No SS options other than the 725hp polished S/C

Steve

Since this car is such an early build number, I think the only other "upcharge" option available at that time was the Eibach coilover upgrade for $100. If I remember correctly the rear brake upgrade was the first option added to the list, but that may have been 6 months or so after this car was built, and now the list of available Super Snake options is much longer.

R

Since this car is such an early build number, I think the only other "upcharge" option available at that time was the Eibach coilover upgrade for $100. If I remember correctly the rear brake upgrade was the first option added to the list, but that may have been 6 months or so after this car was built, and now the list of available Super Snake options is much longer.

R

Agreed.But SuperSnakes (no matter what) sell like hot cakes,so I doubt if this one will be waiting for too long.

Agreed.But SuperSnakes (no matter what) sell like hot cakes,so I doubt if this one will be waiting for too long.

I agree they sell like "hot cakes", when you mention Shelby in this late model Mustang world, Super Snake is the title that comes to most peoples mind immediately. When I sent my car to L.V. my build was the same way for the 725, the only options I had to pick from was Black (std.) or Polished ($1300 upcharge) KB, Ford Racing (std.) or Eibach ($100 upcharge) suspension and 1/4 window scoops or block-off plates. I think there was also a choice on front caliper color. That was it, no other Super Snake options were available at that time. Every other option you see on the Super Snake option list has been added since that time.

R

I agree they sell like "hot cakes", when you mention Shelby in this late model Mustang world, Super Snake is the title that comes to most peoples mind immediately. When I sent my car to L.V. my build was the same way for the 725, the only options I had to pick from was Black (std.) or Polished ($1300 upcharge) KB, Ford Racing (std.) or Eibach ($100 upcharge) suspension and 1/4 window scoops or block-off plates. I think there was also a choice on front caliper color. That was it, no other Super Snake options were available at that time. Every other option you see on the Super Snake option list has been added since that time.

R

+1............. not many extras at first but that's to be expected.

+1............. not many extras at first but that's to be expected.

I dug through my Super Snake documents and found an "extra" early Super Snake order form/sheet that I had Cynthia send me when I started the ordering process........................

0022-1.jpg

Base price for the 725 was $31,995.

R

I dug through my Super Snake documents and found an "extra" early Super Snake order form/sheet that I had Cynthia send me when I started the ordering process........................

jpg[/img]

Base price for the 725 was $31,995.

R

That certainly is an early order form, perhaps even the first version.

Steve

That certainly is an early order form, perhaps even the first version.

Steve

I had a couple of extras sent to me by Cynthia, just to have a little piece of history related to my Super Snake build.

I would guess that most owners received their one order form, filled it out, and sent it back in.

R

R

So,if suppose you get a chance to own a late model ('10/'11/'12) now,will you go for it? I mean,some guys prefer old models over the newer versions.Just curious to know which group do you belong to...

So,if suppose you get a chance to own a late model ('10/'11/'12) now,will you go for it? I mean,some guys prefer old models over the newer versions.Just curious to know which group do you belong to...

"If" in the future I have the opportunilty to buy a 2011+ 800 horse convert., Yes I will pick one up, BUT, I will not sell my 2008 coupe to buy the 2011+ convert..

R

"If" in the future I have the opportunilty to buy a 2011+ 800 horse convert., Yes I will pick one up, BUT, I will not sell my 2008 coupe to buy the 2011+ convert..

R

Would a convert even be able to contain the 800HP? I thought that is why the SS convert wasnt allowed the 725HP option because it couldnt handle it due to its missing the support from the roof of the car

Would a convert even be able to contain the 800HP? I thought that is why the SS convert wasnt allowed the 725HP option because it couldnt handle it due to its missing the support from the roof of the car

The 2011 convert is 750 HP, but not 800HP for two reasons that I' m aware of. First the 2011 has improved structural rigidity and Ford could not come up with the 650HP tune soon enough.

The 2011 convert is 750 HP, but not 800HP for two reasons that I' m aware of. First the 2011 has improved structural rigidity and Ford could not come up with the 650HP tune soon enough.

Check the "build your own Super Snake" link in the 2011/2012 Super Snake information, click convert. and "next" from there, when you get to the S/C options, the 800 horse 3.6LC is there. This was also announced by Roger (I think) a few months ago..................2011 covert. available up to 800 hp.

Here is a link to the "build your own". Notice - body = Convertible............................800 horsepower = $1500 option.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2011SS-Options.asp

R

Check the "build your own Super Snake" link in the 2011/2012 Super Snake information, click convert. and "next" from there, when you get to the S/C options, the 800 horse 3.6LC is there. This was also announced by Roger (I think) a few months ago..................2011 covert. available up to 800 hp.

Here is a link to the "build your own". Notice - body = Convertible............................800 horsepower = $1500 option.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/buildone/2011SS-Options.asp

R

I stand corrected, thanks. My info was from a year ago when I ordered my Super Snake.

I stand corrected, thanks. My info was from a year ago when I ordered my Super Snake.

Wouldn't an 800 horse drop top be fun?!?!? :happy feet:

.................and then of course 100lbs off of the nose would be nice also.............

R

Roger once told me that they're working on a much-higher hp project.I bet Shelby's not too far from defeating the world's fastest and most expensive legal supercar,Bugatti Veyron (1200hp)!

That is exciting, I wouldn't think that a Mustang would be used..................

R

Archived