TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Widened Alcoa's Tire Pressure?

11Snake

I've put on 11.75" widened Alcoas with 335/30/20 Michelin PS2's on the back and put the "stock" rears on the front. What are good tire pressures front and back for the street with this combo for maximum traction and still safe? My Super Snake has the Eibach suspension, rear brake upgrade and caster camber plates. Thanks in advance.

I've put on 11.75" widened Alcoas with 335/30/20 Michelin PS2's on the back and put the "stock" rears on the front. What are good tire pressures front and back for the street with this combo for maximum traction and still safe? My Super Snake has the Eibach suspension, rear brake upgrade and caster camber plates. Thanks in advance.

I am running in the 35-38 range. Less pressure will give better traction, but below 28psi or so, the TPMS alert will display on the dash.

R

Hi 11snake, I saw you at Napierville last Sunday.. I was the guy in the Black 2010 Shelby.. You have one beautiful SS. If you plan on going to race at Napierville let me know...If everything goes well ill go on the 22nd or 23rd...

Hi JDD Cobra, thanks for liking my Super Snake. There were a lot of impressive cars at Napierville last Sunday. Not sure if I'll make it back to Napierville this year unless the weather is good and not too many cars there (test and tune) so I can get a feel for the car without being rushed. Good Luck at the races!

I am running in the 35-38 range. Less pressure will give better traction, but below 28psi or so, the TPMS alert will display on the dash.

R

Thank you for input. Was wondering what other people are running with this combo as well? Like Lee N, etc. Mine are 35 psi all the way around for now, but pretty stiff with the Eibach set up on these frost heaved roads. Use to run my 600HP Mustang GT with 32psi in the front and 29psi in the back with drag radials. Just looking for a good compromise of traction, handling,safety,etc.

Thank you for input. Was wondering what other people are running with this combo as well? Like Lee N, etc. Mine are 35 psi all the way around for now, but pretty stiff with the Eibach set up on these frost heaved roads. Use to run my 600HP Mustang GT with 32psi in the front and 29psi in the back with drag radials. Just looking for a good compromise of traction, handling,safety,etc.

i run the exact same setup (tires and rims) - except i have Ford racing suspension. i run 35psi all the way around.

When i go to drag strip i usually swap out for the stock GT500 wheels in the back with a drag radial (Nitto 305/45/18) and set the pressure at 15psi.

Ron

i run the exact same setup (tires and rims) - except i have Ford racing suspension. i run 35psi all the way around.

When i go to drag strip i usually swap out for the stock GT500 wheels in the back with a drag radial (Nitto 305/45/18) and set the pressure at 15psi.

Ron

Do you have the rear brake upgrade like I do and able to fit the stock GT500 wheels in the back? I'm just trying to get max safe traction for all around street performance with my combo, preserving the " Super Snake" look.

Thank you very much for your input.

Do you have the rear brake upgrade like I do and able to fit the stock GT500 wheels in the back? I'm just trying to get max safe traction for all around street performance with my combo, preserving the " Super Snake" look.

Thank you very much for your input.

No i dont have the rear brake upgrade.

with your setup, was wondering if you rub or if you did any mods to make it work. how does the car handle now with the new found grip

with your setup, was wondering if you rub or if you did any mods to make it work. how does the car handle now with the new found grip

The passenger side " felt like" fender liner that's only on the newer cars was contacted on start up, but once the suspension seated in again after a few miles it stopped. It only touched then because it's only held in at the bottom with a plastic plug that doesn't hold it tight to the fender well. The Mods-1. Removed the rear brake cooling ducts with one bolt each; 2. Removed the top dust boots off the rear shocks after unbolting the top of the shocks as I didn't want to cut them off.; 3. I used 1/8" wheel spacers, but probably only need it on the passerger side. 4. I did NOT do anything to the bump stop brackets, but the wheels do rest on them when the car is on the lift. There is NO contact what so ever driving the car. 5. You will have to get the TPMS recalibrated at your Ford Dealer which takes an hour. Driving the car there isn't any rubbing and I can accelerate in 2nd gear and up without hitting the rev limiter instantaneously like before. The pavement got cold shortly after this mod so I can only tell you it accelerates and handles much better than before, but it'll be next June before I know just how much. The steering feels a little tighter, but not too much. IMO this is a necessary mod to make the 800HP pkg. work safely and take advantage of the power. The car can be put back to "stock" in two hours as I cut nothing.

The passenger side " felt like" fender liner that's only on the newer cars was contacted on start up, but once the suspension seated in again after a few miles it stopped. It only touched then because it's only held in at the bottom with a plastic plug that doesn't hold it tight to the fender well. The Mods-1. Removed the rear brake cooling ducts with one bolt each; 2. Removed the top dust boots off the rear shocks after unbolting the top of the shocks as I didn't want to cut them off.; 3. I used 1/8" wheel spacers, but probably only need it on the passerger side. 4. I did NOT do anything to the bump stop brackets, but the wheels do rest on them when the car is on the lift. There is NO contact what so ever driving the car. 5. You will have to get the TPMS recalibrated at your Ford Dealer which takes an hour. Driving the car there isn't any rubbing and I can accelerate in 2nd gear and up without hitting the rev limiter instantaneously like before. The pavement got cold shortly after this mod so I can only tell you it accelerates and handles much better than before, but it'll be next June before I know just how much. The steering feels a little tighter, but not too much. IMO this is a necessary mod to make the 800HP pkg. work safely and take advantage of the power. The car can be put back to "stock" in two hours as I cut nothing.

To clarify, you only need to recalibrate your TPMS if you don't reuse your sensors.

Archived