TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future GT350's

It has been my impression that Shelby American was going to produce the 350 just two years...2011 and 2012. Everything I have read about the car says this. Will be interesting to see if they hold to that.

I beleive that is based on the current contract with Ford that only goes through 2012.

Furthermore, The GT350 program requires no contract between Ford and Shelby. SA owns the GT350 branding, and is built by SA, not Ford. I think you are confusing the GT500 which is a colaboration build, and the GT350 which is simply a standard Ford Mustang GT upfit.

To answer the more pertinent question, at the time of the announcement, Amy announced the GT350 run would be limited to 2000 cars at Barrett Jackson. I have the video from my phone to back that up, but it has been joked it would take a decade to reach that number. John Luft said at the Chicago auto show that the 2012 would be limited to 350, but I would imagine the real end comes when the body changes after 2014. I dont think the GT350 will change with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Furthermore, The GT350 program requires no contract between Ford and Shelby. SA owns the GT350 branding, and is built by SA, not Ford. I think you are confusing the GT500 which is a colaboration build, and the GT350 which is simply a standard Ford Mustang GT upfit.

To answer the more pertinent question, at the time of the announcement, Amy announced the GT350 run would be limited to 2000 cars at Barrett Jackson. I have the video from my phone to back that up, but it has been joked it would take a decade to reach that number. John Luft said at the Chicago auto show that the 2012 would be limited to 350, but I would imagine the real end comes when the body changes after 2014. I dont think the GT350 will change with that.

I mentiion the Ford contract or agreement as it pertains to the post-production Mustang Shelby GT350 with the arrangement for parts return to Ford (buyer does not get the original parts that are removed/replaced, SAI returns them to Ford without dredit to the buyer). It would be great to see the production agreement with Ford continue for as long there is a V8 Mustang available to upgrade. I do appreciate the SAI parts that are exclusive to the GT350 are not sold over the counter for clone cars.

Archived