TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel color?

19again

I had my wheels repaired and when they came back the color on the 5 spokes were a darker shade of Argent. Can anyone send me a picture of the original color. The company said they would redo the wheels but I need something to go by. I think the center cap was close to the color but I need to see a photo.

Email me at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com

Thanks, Rich

I'll try to get you a picture tonight. Trying to match color based on a picture can be a challenge due to lighting etc. However the argent was the same used on all standard Mustang GT bullit style wheels 2005-2006. There was also a bright silver, but the argent was the same. Nothing special about the wheels on the Hertz. You'd probably be better off pulling quite a few pictures off the net from other locations to try and get a good average. I would imagine that you can find the actual color code somewhere online on the Mustang forums. Anybody have this?

Thanks Jeff and 391 for your help. Yesterday I compared the new powder coat and a brand new still I'n the box factory wheel. And the two colors were exactly the same as were what you posted. Now I feel better about the money I spent on this job. I will post a picture later today.

Earlier this summer I had all the door dings taken out, those were I'n all 6 panels. I was very happy when I saw the results. Now I am not sure what other cosmetic things should be done.

Archived