TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking of selling my KR

Lately, I've been thinking of selling my KR and getting something else. I love my car, but I don't get that excitment like I used to. :( I really love the new Boss 302, but I don't want to give up the extra 100 HP. The Super Snake is something I've always lusted for, despite the traction issues. The 600+HP 2013 GT500 sounds interesting...or I could just keep and mod my KR. What do you guys think?

Lately, I've been thinking of selling my KR and getting something else. I love my car, but I don't get that excitment like I used to. :( I really love the new Boss 302, but I don't want to give up the extra 100 HP. The Super Snake is something I've always lusted for, despite the traction issues. The 600+HP 2013 GT500 sounds interesting...or I could just keep and mod my KR. What do you guys think?

take two aspirin and post us in the morning......... GG

Well...I can tell you this. I traded my 40th (which like the KR, I considered to be a fairly unique or a somewhat "special" Shelby) for a new 2012 GT500. Now, absolutely no offense to the "standard" GT500's, and as much as I love the improved driving experience and features on the 2012, there is a certain "special" factor for me that is missing. Having a SuperSnake, KR, 40th, Terlingua, etc etc built your way and add the fact that they are very exclusive just brings something extra to the ownership experience for me. I hope I learned from that experience that I wont be selling the KR for anything. As many have said here (and will probably say again)...it's your money, do what you want and what makes YOU happy.

I just hope it doesn't become one of those "I wish I hadn't sold that car" stories...if you don't think it will, then it's time to start shopping!

What's a KR?

(kidding)

Not too many KRs were made, and fewer around, now that some have been wrecked. I think they may get a bit cheaper 'cause the economy is trashed, but so will the Boss Mustangs. You can always pick one of either up later. I'd like a Boss to play with, but not swapping the KR for one. :) Tough call, but you may just as soon tire of the Boss...and it will never be a KR. Unless you just want to help improve our economy, keep the KR.

I woke from a sound sleep.......had a bad dream you were selling your KR......I think you'll miss her. The Boss Mustang is special but in 4 years it will be a 4 year old boss not a one-time production run of the King of the Road Mustang. Just keep the KR and buy a used Boss when prices come down in a couple of years. I'll bet they'll only be $25K then.

Now back to dreamin'

SVT

The 08-09 KR's were a unique opportunity for Ford and Shelby to rekindle some of that old magic. Even though the prices are depressed on them right now, of all the late model Shelbys i believe these will end up being the valuable ones in the long run. I'll bet you'd regret selling it......

302 Boss is a great new Mustang... but it will NEVER be a King of the Road Shelby GT500. Nuf said...

PS: If you can afford it, get the Boss too! happy%20feet.gif

There are already more Boss 302's than KR'S with 6000 Bosses left to be built.. For collectabilty, keep the KR, for fun driving and handling you can't beat the Boss for the money and the tremendous tire hook up. Or do what I did and have double the pleasure.

Don

The KR is not a post title SA modified Shelby or Mustang 5.0 and has the best chance of being collectable down the road. SA is and will continue with post title modified GT500's and 5.0's as long as they can. I'm not aware of any more pre-title SA Shelby Mustangs comming from SA. I would try to keep the KR.

Get a TVS and tune for your KR or just put it away for a bit and come back to it latter.

Keep the KR and mod as you see fit.

Exhaust is perfect, so no mod needed in that department.

Suspension works for the track day fun and gives a great street ride, so no mod needed there.

The only place I would mod is the under the hood.

A pulley and tune would be nice and the OEM coolant, intercooler and power steering tanks should go. The Shelby tanks really add to the look.

These are just my opinions on what I would do.

The 08-09 KR's were a unique opportunity for Ford and Shelby to rekindle some of that old magic. Even though the prices are depressed on them right now, of all the late model Shelbys i believe these will end up being the valuable ones in the long run. I'll bet you'd regret selling it......

+1

I agree with my brother Gator!

I would keep the KR, slap a TVS on it, and call it a day.

......but, that's just me.

+1. As others have mentionned, I also believe that the KR has a chance to become the most sought after modern Shelby over time. If you still want to go for a Boss, I would make it a Laguna Seca, due to the limited production.

OK, I took the 2 aspirin and I feel better now. :whew: Thanks for all the responses and the KR love. TVS is going on soon. :peelout:

Besides, I don't need a TVS to smoke the Boss 302. Now, bring on that POS z- whatever it's called camaro.

:rockon:

Archived