TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR...what exactly is a KR ?

FiaCobra

.........are you faced with that question as well ?

Most people that I run into at car meets really don't know what a KR is. Had another guy approach me today and ask me a few things. Being a Shelby owner himself, I was surprised at his lack of knowledge about the KR. I simply explained the differences, the production numbers, and the research and development that went into this car. He really liked the car and learned more about it.

I had a really fun day with the car today. Spent the better part of the day going places with it.

I think I told this story before when Mustang Scotty was having one of his moments.

I was in the gas station, REALLY nice, tricked out honda civic rolls up. A guy about 35'ish gets out, goes inside, comes back out, and says he really doesn't like mustangs but my car looks super cool. He had put a lot of money into his Honda and kept it real nice.

I told him the this and that about KR's and that was that.

TVS is in the mail, as I type with the 2.72 pulley. And that will wrap that up.

• 2 weeks later...

It is staggering to me that there are people in the "hobby" that have no idea (I can understand non-car folk) what a KR is.

Case in point, was at a all Ford (predominantly Mustang) car show yesterday, and while standing near my car I overheard this one clown, "The KR, thats just a body kit" :headscratch:

I didn't even want to waste my time to educate... :finger: but felt like saying, I'll meet you at the drag strip and the road course, and slay you on both...I got your body kit...right here... :hysterical:

Most folks I encounter really like the car and at a gas station some dude thought my car was a Super Snake :drool:

I'm just amazed on the road how people stare and wonder what a KR is...the looks on thier face :headscratch:

Then the kids that love the looks of the car :wub:

Archived