TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2103 Shelby Gt500

frydguy79

i just got back from Dearborn and yes the Shelby will have the rumored 5.8 s/c engine!!!!

and too cool of a new gauge package called Track App!!!!!!

oh yea baby!!!

wait till the L.A. auto show to see the new car and the NEW out of this world HP ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!:sing_rain:

ole Randy might just be selling #777 and putting a new one in the Garage :rant2:

The guy (Corral forum) who attended the dealer meeting earlier this week said Ford was tight lipped on the GT500 except for confirming the 5.8 engine.

Did you happen to hear any legitimate range for the HP?

Or anything to do with traction improvements?

yes i did, and yes more traction ,,,,

the LA auto show is coming up and i won't steal their thunder :wub:

Well, there's a few of us that ain't going to make to LA for the show so how about filling us in? We promise we won't tell the world. Did you have to sign a Non-Disclosure Statement? I still have a government TS and have signed several NDS over the years plus I've been to Area 51 a few times. :doh:

:stirpot:

The horsepower and torque of the 2013 GT500 will be. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

revealed at L.A. this coming November. ;)

Okay, I was going to tell you the secrets of Hanger 18 and what's stored in Fort Knox but now I'll have to wait till next week too. :alien:

:poke:

Now that sounds like a good news story. Hopefully we are talking wider tires as well as better traction control!

Can't wait for the details from the upcoming LA Auto Show.

:peelout:

:stirpot:

Okay, I was going to tell you the secrets of Hanger 18 and what's stored in Fort Knox but now I'll have to wait till next week too. :alien:

:poke:

BS. I have never seen any Aliens in the Hanger. I work there, and if they are stored there they must only come out after everyone goes home. :hysterical:

BS. I have never seen any Aliens in the Hanger. I work there, and if they are stored there they must only come out after everyone goes home. :hysterical:

They keep them downstairs in the walk-in beer cooler. I know a couple of them would go over the Wright-Patt bowling alley for mid-night bowling on Friday nights, plus there was one real tall grey one who they let play downtown in the mid-night basketball league on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You must work the day shift in the hanger, they only come out at night. I'm a janitor on the night shift, I see them all the time. :hysterical2:

They keep them downstairs in the walk-in beer cooler. I know a couple of them would go over the Wright-Patt bowling alley for mid-night bowling on Friday nights,

:hysterical2:

That's impossible.

No Alien in his "Wright" mind would live in Ohio!

(Edit: don't you know all the Alien's live in CALIFORNIA! <LOL>)

Phill

That's impossible.

Phill

Naah, in Ohio they can pass for Canadian. If they move to California and they'd have to learn Spanish to be considered an alien. ;)

That's impossible.

Phill

Explains a lot!

So the rest of the Mustang line gets the GT500 facia and the GT500 gets.................................................

and too cool of a new gauge package called Track App!!!!!!

More on that can be found here:

2013 Mustang LCD Gauge Mode Pics Surface with Gauge and Track Apps!

Looks cool.... but I wonder about the part about displaying 1/4 mile times and such, when the clutch failure threads were going around here on TS, didn't some from Ford claim that a warranty repair on a failed clutch would NOT be honored if the car was drag raced at the track? If this is true, why would Ford, albeit indirectly via this gauge feature, imply that it's okay to take the car to the drag strip, or am I missing something here?

-Pockdog

More on that can be found here:

2013 Mustang LCD Gauge Mode Pics Surface with Gauge and Track Apps!

Looks cool.... but I wonder about the part about displaying 1/4 mile times and such, when the clutch failure threads were going around here on TS, didn't some from Ford claim that a warranty repair on a failed clutch would NOT be honored if the car was drag raced at the track? If this is true, why would Ford, albeit indirectly via this gauge feature, imply that it's okay to take the car to the drag strip, or am I missing something here?

-Pockdog

Makes me wonder since I had to pony up cash for the clutch in my 2010.....What's the deal Ford?

Can some one tell me what the 5.8 engine block is based on???????? Bored out 5.4, ? or new virson of the 5.0???? or 6.2 truck motor.

It's just a overbored version of the 5.4 Aluminun spray-bore block.

I'm real curious if they're going to use the variable cam timing or DI.

And I'm thinkin' they *might* add the 2.3 TVS but from what all of my Ford contacts say, "nope". They don't need the 2.3L TVS to get the HP they'll have (around 600HP) and in fact, the TVS would need to be "detuned" to get there. They say with the larger displacement along with either tune or pulley, they can easily reach their intended number.

Having said that, they won't tell me what the exact "intended number" is, or if the TVS is totally off the table or not. They know, they just won't say.

If it's what I think it's going to be, I'm seriously thinking about putting my 2010 back to stock and buying a 2013...and maybe getting the SS package (with a WHITE STRIPE!).

Phill

I am going to leave my 2012 stock except for the cans already on it now. Will be getting the 2013 when they are put on X Plan. Can't wait!!!

I'm going to hold onto my 2011 till at least mid summer. Let some of the hype from the 2013 wear off and then see if I can pick one up for close to invoice. If not I'll be really happy with my 2011 until the 2015 Mustang comes out.

I'm going to hold onto my 2011 till at least mid summer. Let some of the hype from the 2013 wear off and then see if I can pick one up for close to invoice. If not I'll be really happy with my 2011 until the 2015 Mustang comes out.

+1... my plan exactly (unless I decide to just add a 2013 Boss 302 LS to the stable). happy%20feet.gif

I just want a bigger gas tank. Maybe 16 gallons. I pass everything but the gas pumps! Anybody else agree? Regards, denohew

denohew,

An 18 gallon fuel tank would be even better... but there's as much of a chance getting one - as one of these fill nozzles. hysterical.gif

denohew,

An 18 gallon fuel tank would be even better... but there's as much of a chance getting one - as one of these fill nozzles. hysterical.gif

that

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nNHl7w2zDbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice video. Can you send that tanker my way? Denohew

Archived