TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Signed Up

EricWieczorek

Hello everyone! My name is Eric. I just purchased a 2008 Shelby with 16,000 miles. This is a gift to myself for serving in the Army for 20 years and participating in a few wars. My intention with this car is something to drive on the weekends with my son, who is 8, and pass it off to him when that time comes. I look at the pictures of when I was a kid sitting in my dad's Nova SS and wonder why he ever got rid of it. I wanted to stay away from the high production model cars. Hopefully I made the right choice.

Welcome Eric and thank you for your service to our country :beerchug:

Congrats on getting your GT500. These are great cars with endless mods available. Be sure to post up some pics when you get a chance.

Hello everyone! My name is Eric. I just purchased a 2008 Shelby with 16,000 miles. This is a gift to myself for serving in the Army for 20 years and participating in a few wars. My intention with this car is something to drive on the weekends with my son, who is 8, and pass it off to him when that time comes. I look at the pictures of when I was a kid sitting in my dad's Nova SS and wonder why he ever got rid of it. I wanted to stay away from the high production model cars. Hopefully I made the right choice.

Eric Welcome to T.S You made the right choice Pictures would be nice . Enjoy it with your son.

Thanks everyone! Mine is Vista Blue. I attached a pic.

Dang brother........................you got the slow color :hysterical: . Just poking fun Eric........................she's a real beauty.

If your into modding, send in your airbag cover in for Carroll Shelby to sign. It gives our cars a nice personal touch.

Dang brother........................you got the slow color :hysterical: . Just poking fun Eric........................she's a real beauty.

If your into modding, send in your airbag cover in for Carroll Shelby to sign. It gives our cars a nice personal touch.

Yes, very slow!

Any guidance on how to take that off? I've only owned this for less than a week and it's nothing like my F150! Do I have to coordinate anything with the Team Shelby on this?

Thanks!

Eric,

Thanks for your service.

Welcome to the group and congrats on a great car choice! Enjoy.

You can register as the new owner in the registry at the link below.

David

Yes, very slow!

Any guidance on how to take that off? I've only owned this for less than a week and it's nothing like my F150! Do I have to coordinate anything with the Team Shelby on this?

Thanks!

:hysterical:

These Shelby's still surprise me every time I drive one.......tons of power and lots of attention. Sharing the love for this car with your son is fantastic. He's getting the same thrill you did with your dad and the Nova SS.

Here's a great write-up from Rob (GRABBER). Hope it helps you.

I Installed my signed airbag cover. It was very easy to take out. No risk to scratching the dash. Just take your time like I did. I think it took me an hour, but I was not in a hurry. In fact I went to a movie with my family after I unhooked the battery and unplugged the airbag. Here are the steps.

1. Un hook the battery. I did both terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws on the bottom and push the 2 tabs inwards and it comes out.

3. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. pull out the 2 screws that hold the airbag to the metal frame.

5. push the 6 bottom clips inwards.

6. Then do the sides.

7. The top is hard to reach, so you push the top drivers side 2 clips inwards and then do the others the best you can.

8. From the outside, slowly pull on the airbag cover from the drivers side first working your way to the passenger side. It comes right out very easly that way. I did not have to force it all. Just slow pressure.

9. Then set the airbag cover on a towell so you don't scratch the front. Remove the airbag unit and put it in the other cover.

10. The cover pops right back in the dash very easy. It just clicks right in.

11. Put the screws back in and plug the bag back in, put the glove box door on and connect the battery.

Eric,

salute.gif Thank you for your service to our country!

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new Vista Blue Shelby GT500. Don't let anybody fool ya... they're all fast. peelout.gif

Keep an eye on your TS region found here http://www.teamshelb...egional-groups/ and we hope to see you soon at a local event.

Thanks everyone! Mine is Vista Blue. I attached a pic.

Don't let anyone fool you, you got the BEST color combination! :slapfight:

....and like other's have said, thanks for protecting our freedom. :salute:

Archived