TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It Was an 8hr Drive, But Worth It. My New Shelby Is Home

71sixpack

After 14yrs of wanting a Cobra / Shelby, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up my 2012 GT500 Convertible in Maryland. Why Maryland when I'm in Rhode Island? All the dealers near me refused to sell me one under sticker price, even if I ordered it. Fortunately I found the car in the color I wanted in Maryland and negotiated a deal for $1k over invoice. Maybe not the best deal, but much better than I was getting around here. Car is Grabber Blue with White Stripes, Nav, and Recaros. I was worried about the Recaros but after some assurance from Team Shelby members decided to go ahead with the showroom car instead of ordering one without the seat option. Seats were comfortable and very supportive. A little snug as I'm no lightweight, but that just gives me motivation to lose a couple pounds. No plans for mods right now, the 220hp over my '06 GT is more than enough for now. Unfortunately I can only enjoy it for a couple weeks as it is almost time for Winter hibernation.

Joe

post-34531-0-32604300-1317859565_thumb.jpg

post-34531-0-32604300-1317859565_thumb.jpg

Welcome to TS Joe, and congrats on your beautiful ride!

MD to RI isn't far, in fact, its perfect for a breaking in Shelby Run :shift:

If you love what you have, price is secondary, the fact that you got it for less simply sweetens the deal

Archived